60/60 Declined!?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: 60/60 Declined!?

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m glad to see this ended well for you. Clearly it pays to be tenacious in following up with things, although it’s unfortunate that was even necessary.

Your experience with the watch when it first arrived is in stark contrast with another poster who felt he ought to be able to wear his watch for up to sixty days to decide if he liked and return it under 60/60 if he didn’t. Anyone remember that thread?
Drew
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

jtc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 pm Colour us surprised watches get mixed up at CW HQ. Once upon a time they trialled new systems, including a status card that stayed with the watch. I wonder what happened to those initiatives...
If only there was a way to track watches when in the possession of CW. I know this is completely crazy, but what if each watch had a number on the caseback. A unique number for each watch. Watches could be numbered in order. Serially, if you will. You could call it a serial number.
Too crazy, right?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

^^^ how do you speak, with your tongue in your cheek like that?
There's always time for one more.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 am ^^^ how do you speak, with your tongue in your cheek like that?
Pwobberwee wIv a biff of a lispff. :lol:
Steve.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Lavaine wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:04 am If only there was a way to track watches when in the possession of CW. I know this is completely crazy, but what if each watch had a number on the caseback. A unique number for each watch. Watches could be numbered in order. Serially, if you will. You could call it a serial number.
Too crazy, right?
:lol: :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I typically leave the plastic piece on the back for several weeks, but that's because I usually forget to remove it.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

Received my brand new Elite 1000 in the post today, and surprise-surprise, there's a light scratch on the case back! how ironic :lol:

It's not big or deep enough for me to return it, mind.
The highest human act is to inspire.
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

welshlad wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:49 pm
brash47 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:34 pm My experience has been that a 60/60 return usually ends up on the pre-owned sales at a discount.
How would you know if a watch you'd returned under 60/60 was subsequently sold in a sale? Have you seen one sold in a sale that had the same serial number as one you returned? I'm sure some returns are sold in a sale, but most are returned to stock according to CW.

Also, CW don't sell pre-owned watches, so there are never any "pre-owned sales". It may sound like semantics, but it's important for any newbies to realise that "nearly new" watches sold by CW are brand new watches with a full 60-month warranty; it's just that they may not be in 100% perfect condition.
Hi Welshlad,

Sorry to jump on the thread but I've just had the same thing happen to me!

My question is how you know returned watches get checked and then sold as new again? I tried the watch on for a few minutes and now they are saying there are scratches between the lugs and on the bracelet! The only thing I can think of is that they have mixed up the watch or it came to me with scratches on it that I didn't see (I determined it was too big for me immediately). Or they scratched it themselves, which does seem unlikely!

I've asked for pictures but I am super stressed that is just my word vs theirs!

Thanks
Tim
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

I sound like cynic, but on these type of things I take pictures when it arrives. Then if I have to send it back I take further pictures and video it being packed. I know it sounds like I am going overboard but I have been caught out before ( not CW). At least then it is more than your word against theirs.
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Yes! And I did for a different watch I tried first, but that one was returned so smoothly I just didn't bother with the second one. I was an idiot not too. I'm also worrying they will say that trying it on for 5 minutes means it's then not "unworn". Doubly ironic as I did worry at the time about trying watches and sending them back, which I asked Vallen and about and she said not to worry as that was the nature of them being an online business!
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

All sorted, Vallen had another look at it. Tbh though, I think she just gave me the benefit of the doubt so I am so grateful for that. Most businesses wouldn't do that I don't think. I now have that weird feeling of wanting to thank the universe somehow, even though I didn't wear it lol
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Trying stuff on at home with an internet based business is part of the deal. It's especially difficult with watches and jewellery, though.

M and S sell some expensive coats and so on, and you have to try a coat on for size.

Maybe CW could add some non-removable security tags, although that wouldn't be easy. Perhaps they could attach a non-removable ribbon of some sort around the watch head, rather like police crime scene tape :) I have bought rings that came with a "void if removed" plastic tag.

60/60 is quite a long period. There can't be many business that allow returns after 60 days (although ideal world seem to give you 100 days to try out a mattress, and some other stuff. They must be very confident of the product.)
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

Timishere wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:46 pm
welshlad wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:49 pm
brash47 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:34 pm My experience has been that a 60/60 return usually ends up on the pre-owned sales at a discount.
How would you know if a watch you'd returned under 60/60 was subsequently sold in a sale? Have you seen one sold in a sale that had the same serial number as one you returned? I'm sure some returns are sold in a sale, but most are returned to stock according to CW.

Also, CW don't sell pre-owned watches, so there are never any "pre-owned sales". It may sound like semantics, but it's important for any newbies to realise that "nearly new" watches sold by CW are brand new watches with a full 60-month warranty; it's just that they may not be in 100% perfect condition.
Hi Welshlad,

Sorry to jump on the thread but I've just had the same thing happen to me!

My question is how you know returned watches get checked and then sold as new again? I tried the watch on for a few minutes and now they are saying there are scratches between the lugs and on the bracelet! The only thing I can think of is that they have mixed up the watch or it came to me with scratches on it that I didn't see (I determined it was too big for me immediately). Or they scratched it themselves, which does seem unlikely!

I've asked for pictures but I am super stressed that is just my word vs theirs!

Thanks
Tim
This must be their standard protocol. I purchased a C60 Elite 1000 recently when the website said pre-order (used the new coupon and took advantage of the lower pricing on this model). Much to my surprise it shipped the next day. When it arrived it was the GMT version (I ordered the standard). I put back in the box, emailed customer service, received a return label (a week later), and sent back. Fast forward 3 weeks after some back and forth email and calls to get the correct watch sent out, I just decided to ask for a refund since it was taking too long and preorder was now for January 2022. They then tell me via email there are scratches and can only offer 70%. I called and asked how since I did not wear the watch. They acted like I was trying to pull a fast one. I told them it was they who sent the wrong watch and I do not know if that watch was brand new since it was wrong to begin with. Two days later they called and said as a courtesy they would give me a full refund "this time" (so now I guess we are keeping track). I am grateful to get resolved but very annoyed about their attitude towards the situation. I really, really like this brand but conflicted about ordering again. New to watches this year I already ordered two watches from them which are awesome. This was my third and maybe my last. It seems through a couple of other posts that customer service needs some work. It does beg the question how good is the return policy. In addition, for us in the U.S., we pay a duty/fee for import so returning is not done lightly.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JAFO wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:26 pm 60/60 is quite a long period. There can't be many business that allow returns after 60 days (although ideal world seem to give you 100 days to try out a mattress, and some other stuff. They must be very confident of the product.)
Sixty days is long, indeed! I can’t help but think that adds to the vagueness of returning under 60/60. One could argue 60 days suggests the ability to not just try it on, but to “live with it,” so to speak, to see how one gets on with it. This, despite what the policy actually says. I mean, who reads the fine print?!

It makes me wonder if 60/60 was driven, in part, by how it looks in the marketing. I also wonder if the watch experienced some kind of failure during the first sixty days, could one insist on returning it for a full refund as opposed to having it repaired under warranty? I don’t know that I’d be pleased with a watch that required a repair so soon.

And don’t get me started on whether it’s truly 60 months if a service is required to get those last 12 months! That’s for another thread.
Drew
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I also wonder if the watch experienced some kind of failure during the first sixty days, could one insist on returning it for a full refund as opposed to having it repaired under warranty?
As CW is U.K. based. the Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies and it's always worth having a basic familiarity with that before a discussion with Customer Services (of any company). A warranty can improve on customer rights. but cannot take any away. Within 30 days a refund should be no problem for faulty goods and, if it is, the local Trading Standards will be helpful It does seem though that CW are usually pretty good about warranties.
It makes me wonder if 60/60 was driven, in part, by how it looks in the marketing
30/48 doesn't have quite the same appeal does it?
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post:
jkbarnes
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left