Loupe thread

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Loupe thread

Post by ajax87 »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm Loupe issues used to be available to download but I can't find them on the site. Has online access been removed, or can anyone provide a link to it? TIA
They’re all available in the archives:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#p ... 481_page=5
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well, I reregistered, and received my loupe in the post this morning, together with a separate letter with a discount code.
As the discount code was on a personalised letter (auto-personalised, I presume), I won't quote it here.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I got mine too today.

The voucher code for £100 off over £500 and valid to 31/10/21 is 100LOUPE22.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Looking forward to getting my copy, I always enjoy the read.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

scooter wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am I got mine too today.

scooter
Haven't received my copy yet, but just verified the new US code is 125LOUPE22 for $125 off. 8)
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Loupe thread

Post by nowttolose »

audio.bill wrote:
scooter wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am I got mine too today.

scooter
Haven't received my copy yet, but just verified the new US code is 125LOUPE22 for $125 off. 8)
Not quite as good as the U.K. given £1 = $1.38.

But console yourself by not having to pay 20% U.K. value added tax.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm Loupe issues used to be available to download but I can't find them on the site. Has online access been removed, or can anyone provide a link to it? TIA
Having a permanently open link to CW's website (it's all in the interests of self-control and keeping my hands in my pockets) I can say that it is at the website and appears readable online with no immediately visible "click to download" type features. Following the link to "WATCHES" doesn't lead to the current batch of new releases so maybe we are awaiting the new edition? :?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Once the paper copies have been posted and people are starting to receive them, a copy is always uploaded to the CW Archive.

Issue 22 is now available to view and download
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Yes, my copy of Loupe arrived with today's post. No sign of the voucher though. Not that I'm spending at the moment - well, I am but it's all going on roof repairs, new gates etc. A bit boring really but in a good way, walking under those roof tiles hanging off was definitely getting "interesting".
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
BJH
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Post by BJH »

Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm
BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

audio.bill wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:09 am
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
I read your response last night and worried all night (LOL). This morning I received the dispatch email so I guess it went through. Maybe I just got lucky.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

I don't think the Super Compressor was in the summer specials so everything should be fine.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

rkovars wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:35 pm

I don't think the Super Compressor was in the summer specials so everything should be fine.
He was referring to the C60 Elite I purchased that was on clearance. I used the promo code and it appears it shipped.