C8 Disaster-Resolved

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: C8 Disaster.

Post by Thunder1 »

watchaholic wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:19 pm :party: More communication from headquarters today. My C8 has been inspected and WILL be repaired under warranty. The usual 8-10 week timeframe was expected. I inquired about warranty and they responded the repairs would be guaranteed for 1 year. So far so good. :thumbup:
Many a Watch God stand in your corner!!.. 8)
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Thanks, at this point I am thinking the title of the thread may have been a little harsh. :lol: I was mistaken in my initial post. I have actually had the watch for almost 4 1/2 years not 2 1/2. How time flies. Does anyone know when the SH21 was first released?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

watchaholic wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 pm Thanks, at this point I am thinking the title of the thread may have been a little harsh. :lol: I was mistaken in my initial post. I have actually had the watch for almost 4 1/2 years not 2 1/2. How time flies. Does anyone know when the SH21 was first released?
The SH21 appeared in 2014.

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-ch ... e-changer/

https://www.christopherward.com/sh21.html
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

SH21 was announced July 2014.

Did CW offer a diagnosis of actual problem? Curious minds would like to know......
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

^^^^I am curious as well and want to know exactly what failed. I had the impression that the initial inspection consisted of confirmation of sale and "Yep it's wound, and yep, it's not running. Guessing it won't actually be opened and inspected until it gets to Switzerland and is ready to be repaired. I will press for actualitys as time goes on.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

I'm with you. I would have very much wanted to get to the bottom of what happened to mine, if DHL had not removed that possibility completely!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C8 Disaster (Resolved)

Post by watchaholic »

Forgive me forumites for my tardines in reporting the return of my C8PR . Received it in the mail a week ago, but the work schedule has been brutal. Approx 8 weeks after CW received my watch, it was returned and is on my wrist as I am typing this. After checking both the movement number against the original COSC cert, and the serial number on the case, I wound it to 4 days power, hacked it against my Omega AT, and am happy to report it is once again in perfect running order. Great service CW! :clap:
I did inquire as to what specifically was repaired , but customer service said all they could tell, by the code they received was that the "movement" was repaired. I would really like to know exactly what went wrong, but just don't know if wasting my and their time chasing down that rabbit hole is worth it. Overall, huge disappointment that the watch had to go in, but well pleased with the warranty service.
Dwight
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Great that you have it back and up to snuff, disappointing that we can't have the drains up on the diagnosis though.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Delighted it's back and running perfectly for you Dwight :thumbup:
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

I got scared when I saw this thread title on the front page - "oh no, not another one!" Great to hear it's not and it's quickly back working, with a warranty extension no less :clap:

If you edit the first post you can change the thread title to something a little less harsh, if you wish.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C8 Disaster-Resolved

Post by watchaholic »

^^^^Thanks for the tip, I fiddled with that, but,not realizing it needs to be done on the first post it didn’t seem to work. An update on the watch, after a week on and off the wrist it is still running perfectly. Wound tight, it gains a sec or two per day. Below a day and a half starts to lose a bit. Still happy. :D
Dwight