C60 Sapphire

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
monty4legs

C60 Sapphire

Post by monty4legs »

Hi guys. I’ve just been introduced to this forum and the lovely CW watches and I fancy the looks of the C60 Sapphire but I’m torn which to buy. The Black one or the Blue one. I know it’s a personal choice but what do others like best? It’s hard to tell without actually holding one. Cheers! Dave.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Sapphire

Post by stefs »

The orange!
Cheers now, Paul
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I am not a fan of the watch itself but I think the blue looks best. I always do. What colour are sapphires?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I had the blue until recently Dave. Loved it.
Ive not seen the other 2 in the flesh, but they both look superb. The black is maybe a little more "understated" but very classy.

They wear a little small for my taste (i have a 7 1/2" wrist), but they feel comfy on. The bracelets are a must whatever choice you go got imo.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Why not set up a physical or virtual showroom visit? Excellent opportunity to have a look at both side by side
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I have the blue and love it. I read some reviews of the black that say it’s more of an “industrial mechanical” type look, in a good way. You didn’t mention the orange, so I’m assuming it isn’t your style.

The virtual showroom visit suggested above is a good idea. Also, check out the reference gallery here for real life pics of them. I believe it has all the variants.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=54080&p=873276#p873276
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I think there may be a white version coming soon.

Link to thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57478

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
monty4legs

Post by monty4legs »

I agree about the bracelet being the best choice. I did put the photos side by side. Most of you going for the blue. I think I like the blue better too. I’m not interested in the orange as I have an orange faced watch already. Thanks for all the suggestions and your input guys. Dave.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

monty4legs wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:17 pm Hi guys. I’ve just been introduced to this forum and the lovely CW watches and I fancy the looks of the C60 Sapphire but I’m torn which to buy. The Black one or the Blue one. I know it’s a personal choice but what do others like best? It’s hard to tell without actually holding one. Cheers! Dave.
We are speculating that there might be a white one issued this week. A new favourite?

@magicman mentioned this just above.
monty4legs

Post by monty4legs »

Don’t be giving me another option!! :shock: :D

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:47 pm Why not set up a physical or virtual showroom visit? Excellent opportunity to have a look at both side by side
I'm in Lancashire. a long way to Maidenhead!
magicman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm I think there may be a white version coming soon.

Link to thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57478

Regards Steve
Ah Jeez!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

monty4legs wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:44 pm Don’t be giving me another option!! :shock: :D

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:47 pm Why not set up a physical or virtual showroom visit? Excellent opportunity to have a look at both side by side
I'm in Lancashire. a long way to Maidenhead!
No problem, there is a virtual showroom option too. Not quite the handling you're looking for but it is a personal session and might help you make a choice. Backed by 60 day returns it helps minimise the risk of ending up with something you do not like. Good luck
Rnd3

Post by Rnd3 »

I have the blue sapphire, everybody thats seen it has commented how nice it looks and how impressed they are by it.
A friend who isn't into watches preferred my blue sapphire to his friends omega Seamaster.
gestalt
Junior
Junior

Post by gestalt »

I have the black with no regrets at all.

TBH, I would have chosen the blue as I think it looks better than the black. However, I already have enough blue watches and wanted to have the courage to try something different.

Having had it for about six weeks or so here are some opinions:

1) 40mm is perfect for my rather small 6.5 inch wrist.

2) It does wear a tad tall

3) The black is more translucent than I would like it to be.

4) To the above, it is definitely dependent on the brightness of the surrounding light and the angle at which it is perceived. In many conditions it can look dark as well. However, I have found that the darker the strap the

5) It does have an industrial look to it, which I like because I want to get away from traditional dive watches

6) Bracelet is a must

I'm posting some pics with a Barton Elite Silicone light grey strap. I think it works to bring-out the industrial look.
IMG_4564.JPEG
IMG_4563.JPEG
IMG_4562.JPEG
IMG_4561.JPEG
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

Go for the black!
The highest human act is to inspire.
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

gestalt wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:28 pm I have the black with no regrets at all.

TBH, I would have chosen the blue as I think it looks better than the black. However, I already have enough blue watches and wanted to have the courage to try something different.

Having had it for about six weeks or so here are some opinions:

1) 40mm is perfect for my rather small 6.5 inch wrist.

2) It does wear a tad tall

3) The black is more translucent than I would like it to be.

4) To the above, it is definitely dependent on the brightness of the surrounding light and the angle at which it is perceived. In many conditions it can look dark as well. However, I have found that the darker the strap the

5) It does have an industrial look to it, which I like because I want to get away from traditional dive watches

6) Bracelet is a must

I'm posting some pics with a Barton Elite Silicone light grey strap. I think it works to bring-out the industrial look.

IMG_4564.JPEG
IMG_4563.JPEG
IMG_4562.JPEG
IMG_4561.JPEG

Strap looks fantastic mate
The highest human act is to inspire.