C60 - Khaki Bezel - Value

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 - Khaki Bezel - Value

Post by peter160866 »

I can take the same picture ! Love my Explorer 2. Love my CWs too especially 2015 LE and jump hour 👍😀
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Richard D wrote: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am I know that people come and go on the forum, I’ve disappeared a few times myself. However, I was genuinely surprised to see his website inactive. He was so enthusiastic about CW. He was very generous to me, taught me a lot about watch collecting.
I recall he came and went in a flash. He made a big contribution across various threads inc Watchroll and built a decent collection quickly. Then it all pretty quickly tailed off
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:42 pm
Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 pm
kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:26 pmCheck out SC posts IF it’s the same watch the previous owner said they changed the bezel from the original black one....not having a go here just wondered if that would effect the value :D
Would be interested myself if the price is right :thumbup:
I don’t know how they managed that, CW never have provided bezels that differ from the original.
I have no idea but here’s a bit of their sales post

Although this C60 has a khaki bezel, it started life as a black bezel C60. I replaced the black bezel with a khaki one. Please note that the original black bezel is not available for sale with the watch.
I found the the sales post, sold for £250: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32700&sid=dc1de306 ... d7625f1bae Still can’t understand how the original owner managed to change the bezel colour. There have been countless posts on the subject over the years.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Maybe a bit of cannibalistic parts swapping?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:42 am ^^^^ Maybe a bit of cannibalistic parts swapping?

Guy

Maybe but that would not make any sense. As said, it’s a subject that has been discussed many times here and on other social media groups. I do remember the sale being listed at the time and thinking how? The MK1 is notorious for losing its pip something I talked about with Chris Ward. There was no quick fix, watches had to be sent back to No:1. I would love to hear from the original owner how he managed to do it.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Richard the original owner is well known for messing around with and modding a few of his Omega, Seiko and CW watches. :)

As to what he did on this occasion, if he notices the thread he will probably put up some pics of what went where.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

However its all come about, I love it!!!
Id buy it...!
:anmachen:
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

nbg wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:01 pm ^^^ Richard the original owner is well known for messing around with and modding a few of his Omega, Seiko and CW watches. :)

As to what he did on this occasion, if he notices the thread he will probably put up some pics of what went where.

Neil
I wonder if he YouTubes his modding, love to see where he sources his parts and how he goes about it. I’ve a C60 MK1 which I’ve thought might make an interesting project.
Richard

thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

The khaki bezel is a neat variant that I had not know of in the CW line. If the original owner swapped bezels, perhaps it was from a nonfunctional donor? I have neither the skills nor the depth of collection to engage in that level of watch modding though there are many who apparently do. I only get into it in my head.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Richard D wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:08 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:42 am ^^^^ Maybe a bit of cannibalistic parts swapping?

Guy

Maybe but that would not make any sense. As said, it’s a subject that has been discussed many times here and on other social media groups. I do remember the sale being listed at the time and thinking how? The MK1 is notorious for losing its pip something I talked about with Chris Ward. There was no quick fix, watches had to be sent back to No:1. I would love to hear from the original owner how he managed to do it.
You question my first post....then proved wrong you all of a sudden can remember the original sales post from 6 years ago and remember it at the time and thinking...how... :?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

kiter65 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Richard D wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:08 am

Guy

You question my first post....then proved wrong you all of a sudden can remember the original sales post from 6 years ago and remember it at the time and thinking...how... :?
I didn’t question you, I was surprised by how someone had changed the colour of the bezel given how difficult or near impossible it was to get an insert. The thread prompted me to look back, in particular posts about bezel inserts etc. In doing so, I stumbled across the sales post from 2015. It was then I was reminded of reading it.

I hope you can appreciate there have been thousands of posts made since I read that sales post. I simply can’t remember all the threads, individual posts or indeed sentences that people have written. Maybe there are members that can, you might be one of them. Sorry if I have upset you, I was genuinely interested in how the watch came about being fitted with a khaki bezel.
Richard

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Richard D wrote:
kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:42 pm
Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 pm I don’t know how they managed that, CW never have provided bezels that differ from the original.
I have no idea but here’s a bit of their sales post

Although this C60 has a khaki bezel, it started life as a black bezel C60. I replaced the black bezel with a khaki one. Please note that the original black bezel is not available for sale with the watch.
I found the the sales post, sold for £250: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32700&sid=dc1de306 ... d7625f1bae Still can’t understand how the original owner managed to change the bezel colour. There have been countless posts on the subject over the years.
nbg wrote:^^^ Richard the original owner is well known for messing around with and modding a few of his Omega, Seiko and CW watches. :)

Neil
Well, I eventually noticed it, though I’m pretty sure I have no additional photos. I can however share that I bought a C60 Khaki case (no movement, no bracelet) and simply swapped the bezel onto the black case. Although, IIRC the bezel swap wasn’t the simplest one I’ve ever done… getting them off was easy, but I think I ended up using a crystal press with a large and deep recessed polyurethane fitting to press it back on.

At some later time, I installed a yellow C6 dial and movement into the spare case now fitted with the black bezel, which is why I didn’t sell it with the watch. That particular mod has been superseded by my MkII Vintage case fitted with a yellow dialled C600 Elite tritium dialled automatic.

It’s been the only “spare part” case I’ve ever seen for sale; of course there could have been dozens I didn’t see. I had earlier tried to buy a spare bezel, even a spare case from CW, but experienced the same polite but firm NO that others had received.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

^^^^ that certainly explains it, thank you. All credit to you to be able to mod a watch.
Richard

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Richard D wrote:^^^^ that certainly explains it, thank you. All credit to you to be able to mod a watch.
Thanks Richard. I’ve done quite a few now, but they’re generally pretty straightforward and are things that most people could do with a little bit of preparation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

I still own it. This was explained to me at time of sale. Was it really as long ago as 2015 ?

I have been very happy with the watch it has been faultless and gets lots of positive comments.

I am however seriously thinking about selling….. too many watches !
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage