C60 - Khaki Bezel - Value

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

C60 - Khaki Bezel - Value

Post by peter160866 »

I have a C60 Khaki bezel that I purchased from a forum member a few years ago. I am thinking of selling but don't know value. I believe this to be a particularly rare model.

Any thoughts ?

D9803E27-B014-4F23-A020-5A833E28E845.jpeg
Khaki
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 - Khaki Bezel - Value

Post by StrapMeister »

Tough one really!
I found details about the model in the CW Archives (albeit a bit sketchy).
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6152/;
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6164/;
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6160/
but there's no pricing information.
I guess it's a case of pricing it at what you would like/hope to get for it.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I thought the link to watchroll could have been of help: https://www.watchroll.com/wiki.php Watchroll tracked the sales of Christopher Ward watches on ebay for a number of years. Unfortunately the site appears to be inactive. It was a great site to follow.

Anyone know what’s happened?
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by peter160866 »

Thanks both - interesting. I’ll have a good look at theses over weekend would be interesting to know how many khakis were made
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:52 pm I thought the link to watchroll could have been of help: https://www.watchroll.com/wiki.php Watchroll tracked the sales of Christopher Ward watches on ebay for a number of years. Unfortunately the site appears to be inactive. It was a great site to follow.

All I can tell you is that Alasdair, who ran/runs it, hasn’t logged in or posted for several years. That’s really all I know.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

StrapMeister wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:24 pm Tough one really!
I found details about the model in the CW Archives (albeit a bit sketchy).
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6152/;
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6164/;
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... 9b80b6160/
but there's no pricing information.
I guess it's a case of pricing it at what you would like/hope to get for it.
The pricing information is stored at the model level (in this case, the C60 Trident Automatic). See here for info..

Resale vales are not tracked at bezel colour level because - in the majority of cases - the resales are few and far between which makes any kind of reliable trend difficult to establish.

In the case of Khaki bezel C60 I'd imagine it would carry a fairly small premium over the other varieties, and therefore, the model level trend would be a good starting point.
Richard
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:17 pm
Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:52 pm I thought the link to watchroll could have been of help: https://www.watchroll.com/wiki.php Watchroll tracked the sales of Christopher Ward watches on ebay for a number of years. Unfortunately the site appears to be inactive. It was a great site to follow.

All I can tell you is that Alasdair, who ran/runs it, hasn’t logged in or posted for several years. That’s really all I know.
I know that people come and go on the forum, I’ve disappeared a few times myself. However, I was genuinely surprised to see his website inactive. He was so enthusiastic about CW. He was very generous to me, taught me a lot about watch collecting.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this watch started life with a black bezel and had a replacement khaki one fitted not sure if that effects the value :?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:10 pm Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this watch started life with a black bezel and had a replacement khaki one fitted not sure if that effects the value :?
The MK1 included a khaki bezel option, I bought one. CW have never provided replacement bezels that differ from the original.

66B1EC09-B184-4F45-B319-4615CFAD1118.jpeg
Richard

kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:19 pm
kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:10 pm Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this watch started life with a black bezel and had a replacement khaki one fitted not sure if that effects the value :?
The MK1 included a khaki bezel option, I bought one.

66B1EC09-B184-4F45-B319-4615CFAD1118.jpeg
Check out SC posts IF it’s the same watch the previous owner said they changed the bezel from the original black one....not having a go here just wondered if that would effect the value :D
Would be interested myself if the price is right :thumbup:
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:26 pmCheck out SC posts IF it’s the same watch the previous owner said they changed the bezel from the original black one....not having a go here just wondered if that would effect the value :D
I don’t know how they managed that, CW never have provided bezels that differ from the original.
Richard

willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

it is a good looking watch. i think i bid one a few years ago on eBay, I am sure it went for more than the regular colours, but could not recall by how much. Good luck with it.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 pm
kiter65 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:26 pmCheck out SC posts IF it’s the same watch the previous owner said they changed the bezel from the original black one....not having a go here just wondered if that would effect the value :D
I don’t know how they managed that, CW never have provided bezels that differ from the original.
I have no idea but here’s a bit of their sales post

Although this C60 has a khaki bezel, it started life as a black bezel C60. I replaced the black bezel with a khaki one. Please note that the original black bezel is not available for sale with the watch.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The average resale value of the C60 Trident Automatic with Khaki bezel is grouped together with all bezel colors here under the Resales tab in the CWArchives.

When we did this it was near impossible to set up a breakdown for each color variant for resales. You will note that the average resale for the C60 Trident Auto's is $474.00 based on 722 recorded sales. I can tell you that the Khaki average is lower at $454.00 based on only 33 recorded sales. I know this because I still track sales by color in a backup spreadsheet for the CWArchive.

Btw.... The Resales in the CWArchive are updated daily and is still the best place for this type information.

As far as Watchroll is concerned, the last I heard from akirk was that that he was doing work on the software/server, but that was almost a year ago. When it was active, the numbers we both had were very similar.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Khaki bezel insert, as original?

Very valuable I would say. :)

Looks like this one. The one on the right.
5579D7D3-D9FD-4ED8-8811-603093CF822E.jpeg
Pictured with another watch Richard - seeing as how the Rolex thread is going so well at the moment. :wink:

(No ADs were maligned in the purchase of these watches. :lol:)

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
Mr Rick
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK