What's your accuracy?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Re: What's your accuracy?

Post by johncolescarr »

ksl0902 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:07 pm Hi I have the C60 Trident-Pro 600 which is running at +10 seconds a day? I thought this was excessive and called customer services this morning who tell me that +/- 10 seconds is normal for a auto watch? Cannot say I am very happy with this!
The specs on an unregulated sellita SW200 is +/- 20spd. I think +10spd is totally reasonable. It’s luck of the draw with non chronometer watches to get less. My C60 is + 8spd and I’m thrilled with it.

I’ve owned probably 30 auto watches and +10spd is about par for the course. I’ve had a Seiko SKX that was about +30spd (still within specs)
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

My new C60 GMT is running about 2.5 secs a day over the last 8 days, which I am very pleased with.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

This C65 Trident Diver has been running for a few days now, and will probably be on my wrist all week if the weather stays nice. Seems to be running at around +2 s/d.

Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
PH68

Post by PH68 »

I've had my Trident Pro 38mm for about five or six years now.
It's always been running at about -10 seconds per day.
It's my only watch so gets worn every day for all activities.
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JeremyS »

I own a good number of automatic watches, some of them chronometers and some not. It’s really the luck of the draw. My Marathon GSAR keeps to around +2 seconds per day while the new C60 Sapphire dark hovers closer to +9—both of them feature the Sw200-1 movement. My certified chronometers are generally more accurate, though I have a number of non-chronometers that seem to keep accurate time, too.
couryj

Post by couryj »

+10 seconds a day seems pretty high. As a reference point, I've had near-perfect accuracy with my Rolex Datejust(+/-3 seconds) and very good accuracy with my automatic Cartier (+/-5 seconds).
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

couryj wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 am +10 seconds a day seems pretty high. As a reference point, I've had near-perfect accuracy with my Rolex Datejust(+/-3 seconds) and very good accuracy with my automatic Cartier (+/-5 seconds).
+10 seconds is well within tolerance on a non cosc movement. Your reference point is fine with similar luxury brands but to reference average affordable auto's against a Rolex and a Cartier is setting the expectation too high.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

couryj wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 am +10 seconds a day seems pretty high. As a reference point, I've had near-perfect accuracy with my Rolex Datejust(+/-3 seconds) and very good accuracy with my automatic Cartier (+/-5 seconds).
Always happy to welcome a fellow Cartier owner! :D

You should go to Member Introduction and tell us about yourself and your watches. As everyone will tell you, we like pictures.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

scooter wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:12 pm
ksl0902 wrote:Hi I have the C60 Trident-Pro 600 which is running at +10 seconds a day? I thought this was excessive and called customer services this morning who tell me that +/- 10 seconds is normal for a auto watch? Cannot say I am very happy with this!
There are 86400 seconds in a day and a watch running at +/- 10 seconds per day equates to an accuracy rate of:

86390/86400 x 100 = 99.98% accurate.

I'm struggling to see the problem here.

scooter
I used to get wrapped up in auto accuracy, often comparing them to quartz watches. They are not the same animal and, when you give it some serious thought, what does it matter if the watch gains or loses 60 or so seconds a week. Scooter's mathematical breakdown perfectly illustrates the point Once you start embracing all the other aspects of a mechanical watch 10s here or there is of little or no consequence, unless it's a chronometer we're talking about of course.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Surf609nj

Post by Surf609nj »

C60 gmt +8/day
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

My C65 Dartmouth has been +1s per day over the past few days that I’ve checked, not too shabby even though it is COSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Jamhill9

Post by Jamhill9 »

christopher Ward C9 5-day
+2.7 SPD

CW C60 Trident Pro bronze GMT
+3.1 SPD
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

C65 Trident Diver SH21 @ +1 secs/day
C8 Power Reserve @ -1 secs/day
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 @ +3 secs/day
C60 Elite 1000 GMT @ +3 secs/day
C65 Cranwell @ +3 secs/day

These are the only watches I’ve worn and checked recently, the rest are worn less frequently.
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I've given up trying to understand the accuracy of my CW automatic watches. They are creatures with a life of there own. One day they are within 5 secs of when set to then a day later they are 30 sec's slow as an example. I would say you need to wear them for the best way to get the best average accuracy
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Just to add has anyone else given up on time.is since they added adverts which makes the accuracy useless? For reference I use clock.zone now and will stick with that site due to no adverts