The Golf Topic

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: The Golf Topic

Post by village »

Managed to get out this morning before work and play 18 holes. My lessons seem to be kicking in and my index is stabilising...35 points today and a missed putt from a foot so I’m happy. (Shouldn’t have missed it but then that’s what you get when you assume it’s a sure thing and just take a lazy swing at it). Almost had a hole in one as well.....ball looked in all the way...stopped dead on line a foot from the hole. Yes,it was the same hole as the stupid missed putt 🙄🤬
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Congrats Andy. Glad to hear that the lessons are kicking in. Too bad you missed that hole in one. That would have been great!

Managed to goof off a bit today myself and get in a another round. struggle a bit chipping as the greens were really quick, but my putting saved me. Shot an 83 that could have been better except for 1 blowup hole. Just couldn't get myself in sync on that hole for some reason. tee to green was a mess. Okay before and okay after...go figure.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Anyone had a wager on the Open ?
Pre cut, I've gone for Finau and Garcia.
I don't think the weather will affect the players as much today, as it looks like the winds are easing and the sun's out all day.
But saying that the players in the top 40 who are already out are net -6 between them.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

magicman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am Anyone had a wager on the Open ?
I don't think the weather will affect the players as much today, as it looks like the winds are easing and the sun's out all day.
But saying that the players in the top 40 who are already out are net -6 between them.

Regards Steve
I’ve took a price boost on SKY Bet this morning for round 2 - Speith, Rose and Johnson all to hit 68 or less. I think it’s stretching it a bit but at 8/1 it’s worth a few quid
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:04 am

Regards Steve
Good luck

Regards Steve

I’ve took a price boost on SKY Bet this morning for round 2 - Speith, Rose and Johnson all to hit 68 or less. I think it’s stretching it a bit but at 8/1 it’s worth a few quid
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Good luck. I'm never sure on prop bets like that. I suppose it's like taking evens on each of the 3 individually (that would be 7/1)

I'm just watching yesterday's highlights as I don't have sky, and then getting ready to watch Cav break the record. If not day, definitely on Sunday I would think.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Arghhhhh! Rose let me down!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

He let you down in the first 10 minutes, then he nearly got it back. I went out in the afternoon and he was level par with a few to play.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 pm He let you down in the first 10 minutes, then he nearly got it back. I went out in the afternoon and he was level par with a few to play.
I thought he was gonna drag it back and win me my spending money for Wembley tomorrow - oh well, you win some you lose some
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Regards Steve
Unlucky.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Golf is a stupid and frustrating game.

18 holes Thursday - struck the ball well throughout apart from my driver which was the ‘club to avoid’ for the round....things generally went swimmingly (bounces were the right way,puts dropped etc etc)...scored and played to handicap.

18 holes Friday - driver working a treat,striking the ball well most of the time with the irons. Putting abysmal 🤬. Every bounce went the ‘wrong’ way...if a ball could end up in trouble despite a nice shot then it would. Kept leaving putts far to short and it was one of those days where the ball decided to lip out rather than drop.

Golf is a stupid and frustrating game.

And I can’t wait until Monday when I’m off on a three day golf trip with a bunch of mates. :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Are you wondering which game you are taking with you? Your A, B or C or F game?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Kip wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:55 am Are you wondering which game you are taking with you? Your A, B or C or F game?
Monday......standard stableford competition between us. Hopefully A or B but seeing as I’m still rebuilding my swing I will settle for enjoying the round without a real expectation of winning.

Tuesday..... first day of a two day Ryder Cup style team comp. Quite a few beers will be consumed the night before but tee time isn’t until 1330 so time to recover. Hopefully A or B game!

Wednesday..... early tee after another night of lots of beer. I arrange a couple of these trips a year and have done for a while. History tells us that there will be a bunch of tired and hungover blokes hacking their way around a golf course with sporadic outbreaks of golf. :lol: The standard improves as the round progresses. This is where the match play component works well :thumbup:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just checked the open leaderboard. What happened to Jordan Spieth? Is he blowing another opportunity for a major?
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I just started listening to a really interesting podcast from Ben Clymer from HODINKEE and Adam Scott. In the podcast Scott is preparing for the 2021 Masters. It is a very interesting look at how a tour professional approaches the game and approaches getting ready for a major tournament. The podcast is Fairgame. Might need to start listening with a notebook handy!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London