Has THE SALE now levelled off?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Has THE SALE now levelled off?

Post by ajax87 »

This sale was respectable yes, but I was paying close attention to this sale and the January sale, and this one was definitely not as good. Go back and check out the thread here for the January sale, there’s a screenshot of the initial offering which was massive, including many really interesting prototypes. In addition, CW added big dumps of more watches several times in the roughly 7 days after it started. That happened I think once this time.

I still picked up what I wanted in this sale, but overall not up to snuff compared with this past January.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

There were some interesting and unexpected item available in the first few minutes of the sale and I picked up a C1 Moonphase at 55% off. I really didn’t expect to see these again and at a shade over £600 I jumped on it immediately. Its twin, on black rather than blue cordovan, was for some reason only discounted at 50% and disappeared within minutes of me buying mine.

I always wonder where these old models come from? Mine is basically new as far as I can see with not a blemish to be found on it. It’s also keeping very good time, having lost 2 secs over three days. So, I’ve now got myself a very nice dress watch and am really pleased with the unexpected outcome.
Tim
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:35 pm
I have some screenshots here. they are too big to inline post on the forum: https://photos.app.goo.gl/o8cLExESD7V2pA2TA

You may have to view on a computer and zoom in.
Thanks for those.
The $950 C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve and the $850 Mk2 C60 SH21 on the last page stand out as great wins for whoever got those.
timor54 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 pm There were some interesting and unexpected item available in the first few minutes of the sale and I picked up a C1 Moonphase at 55% off. I really didn’t expect to see these again and at a shade over £600 I jumped on it immediately. Its twin, on black rather than blue cordovan, was for some reason only discounted at 50% and disappeared within minutes of me buying mine.

I always wonder where these old models come from? Mine is basically new as far as I can see with not a blemish to be found on it. It’s also keeping very good time, having lost 2 secs over three days. So, I’ve now got myself a very nice dress watch and am really pleased with the unexpected outcome.
That Moonphase was a great buy :clap:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:45 pm This sale was respectable yes, but I was paying close attention to this sale and the January sale, and this one was definitely not as good. Go back and check out the thread here for the January sale, there’s a screenshot of the initial offering which was massive, including many really interesting prototypes. In addition, CW added big dumps of more watches several times in the roughly 7 days after it started. That happened I think once this time.

I still picked up what I wanted in this sale, but overall not up to snuff compared with this past January.
Agreed, January was a sizzler!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)