How Much Adjustment in a CW Bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: How Much Adjustment in a CW Bracelet?

Post by rkovars »

Pile of new half links. Now to get to work!
20210708_135503622_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

How did you get them?

In addition, does the half link cover the four micro adjustments positions? at this time, my C65 is adjusted at the max and would love to get the half link so I can expand it when my wrist expands....
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Lu.. wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:30 pm How did you get them?

In addition, does the half link cover the four micro adjustments positions? at this time, my C65 is adjusted at the max and would love to get the half link so I can expand it when my wrist expands....
The half-link is actually a two-thirds link and the previous posts in this thread/topic will provide your answers.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:33 pm
Lu.. wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:30 pm How did you get them?

The half-link is actually a two-thirds link and the previous posts in this thread/topic will provide your answers.

Guy
Thanks did a search and only saw the pic...thought it was a thread starter post...then I refreshed and read the entire thread....sent an email to customer service....
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

The bracelet is so easy to size and manipulate pieces of, it should be a piece of cake to center if it's not.

Seriously speaking, this pin and collar bracelet is one of the easiest bracelets I've ever adjusted.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

Are all CW watches on bracelets coming with half-links now? Or is it by request only?
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

The C63s do. It would be reasonable to think that they will transition the rest over too. I sent an email to CS to see what they say.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Just sent an email inquiring about half links for the bracelet for my C65 AM GT LE.

I seem to remember someone saying something about an adaptor to retrofit newer bracelets to older watches so as to take advantage of the half links? I’m I correct about that?
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:06 pm Just sent an email inquiring about half links for the bracelet for my C65 AM GT LE.

I seem to remember someone saying something about an adaptor to retrofit newer bracelets to older watches so as to take advantage of the half links? I’m I correct about that?
I think they were making end links for MKII watches so that the MKIII bracelets could be converted. As long as you have the latest MKIII bracelets the end links will work.
Jack London
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

rkovars wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:20 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:06 pm Just sent an email inquiring about half links for the bracelet for my C65 AM GT LE.

I think they were making end links for MKII watches so that the MKIII bracelets could be converted. As long as you have the latest MKIII bracelets the end links will work.
... and I think (though would nice to have confirmation) that the majority of recent bracelets share the same components inboard of the end-links and taper-links, so the half-links should be common across most watches.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

richtel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:54 pm
rkovars wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:20 pm

... and I think (though would nice to have confirmation) that the majority of recent bracelets share the same components inboard of the end-links and taper-links, so the half-links should be common across most watches.
That is absolutely true. Same end links went on my C60 and C65 bracelets. I have a 20 mm C65 bracelet too and it has the same width of link at the clasp so it would work there too.

An interesting aside, my Super Compressor as C65-SC engraved on the inside of the end links (something they just started doing which is very helpful!). I just noticed that the 20 mm C65 bracelet has 10 engraved on the end links. Not sure what this would refer to. It is for the Sandhurst.
Jack London
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

got a reply from CW customer service......they will be sending me 2 half links for my C65 at no charge.....got the DHL email and it's on its way.....awesome CS from CW!!!!!