Has THE SALE now levelled off?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Has THE SALE now levelled off?

Post by tikkathree »

I keep a tab in my browser open at the sale page and, mostly, refresh it perhaps every hour through the day and then at either end of the waking day.

Right now the numbers list as 25 results:
  • Al Deere,
    C60 chrono
    C65 chrono
    C60 Elite GMT 1000
    C1 Morgan
    C1 Worldtimer
    C60 Abyss GMT
    C65 Trident Auto red bezel
multiples of some, strap options on some.

I think that nothing's changing very much or at all now. I'd say we had 26 results earlier this morning and overnight. No golden oldies as far as I can see.
Maybe I'm repeatedly missing something being added and bought straight away but I don't think so.
Is this it then, are we done?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Re: Has THE SALE now levelled off?

Post by J0EMI »

I've contacted Christopher Ward to ask them why a watch I have been looking to purchase which is discontinued (C60 Trident Chronograph 300) features in every sale despite being discontinued a long time ago yet they seem to find more brand new stock of it a year after year, am I missing something?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tikkathree wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:24 pm I keep a tab in my browser open at the sale page and, mostly, refresh it perhaps every hour through the day and then at either end of the waking day.

Right now the numbers list as 25 results:
  • Al Deere,
    C60 chrono
    C65 chrono
    C60 Elite GMT 1000
    C1 Morgan
    C1 Worldtimer
    C60 Abyss GMT
    C65 Trident Auto red bezel
multiples of some, strap options on some.

I think that nothing's changing very much or at all now. I'd say we had 26 results earlier this morning and overnight. No golden oldies as far as I can see.
Maybe I'm repeatedly missing something being added and bought straight away but I don't think so.
Is this it then, are we done?
It was 26 on Monday, went up to 27 with a NN 38mm, then back to 26 as that was sold. I expected to see more releases, as this sale was a sort of private sale, and wasn't offered as a link on the main website, but nothing has happened since. I keep checking back as you are.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think if you use the filters on the sale pages you will find your answers regarding sale items.

As I write..

Clearance shows only 1 item
Nearly New shows 3
New Lower Price shows 21

New Lower price is the key here. These models/variants would appear to be a price reduction rather than a sale based on the description. Permanent or temporary is the next question. Perhaps these models are just not selling as fast as CW would like.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

There are still 25 pieces in the sale.

If however you select Clearance and Nearly New as Active Filters, this reduces to 4 pieces; the other 21 pieces being the New Lower Price models, which presumably might be transferred into the main availability sometime soon.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Kip beat me to it, posting while I was typing my post. :wink: :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by CW257 »

Kip wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:14 pm Perhaps these models are just not selling as fast as CW would like.
With some models going within a minute of the sales page going live, and others sticking around for nearly a week without being sold, that must give CW some interesting insight into the popularity of models amongst their hardcore fanbase?

Accepting that it’s easier to sell a £350 model than a £1500 Al Deere, of course.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
The ones still on sale are priced a bit higher, and the reductions are a bit less, so they take longer to sell..
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

CW257 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Kip wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:14 pm Perhaps these models are just not selling as fast as CW would like.
With some models going within a minute of the sales page going live, and others sticking around for nearly a week without being sold, that must give CW some interesting insight into the popularity of models amongst their hardcore fanbase?

Accepting that it’s easier to sell a £350 model than a £1500 Al Deere, of course.
Let’s be honest here - a lot of people buy the deal and not the watch so the cheap models go quick, it doesn’t really matter what they are. So, no, I doubt it gives any insight into popularity of specific models in my opinion.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^
And I think buying the deal is no bad thing. Really there aren't any bad CW watches. Unless you desperately want a particular size or colour you won't be disappointed.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:44 pm ^^^^^
And I think buying the deal is no bad thing. Really there aren't any bad CW watches. Unless you desperately want a particular size or colour you won't be disappointed.
I can’t disagree, however I would say that it depends where abouts you are in your ‘watch journey’. I used to buy the deal on all sorts of CW’s - I’ve now sold every one of them. I now buy the watch, rather than the deal, whichever brand I’m buying as I now have a much clearer view as to what I will wear/won’t wear. Finding that out has cost me a small fortune though! :lol:

If you’re a ‘normal’ person looking for a good quality, good looking dive watch, as an example, then buy the deal on any Trident in the sale and you’ll be more than happy
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

first sale I remember with very few straps & no Bracelets !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Kip wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:14 pm I think if you use the filters on the sale pages you will find your answers regarding sale items.

As I write..

Clearance shows only 1 item
Nearly New shows 3
New Lower Price shows 21

New Lower price is the key here. These models/variants would appear to be a price reduction rather than a sale based on the description. Permanent or temporary is the next question. Perhaps these models are just not selling as fast as CW would like.
I get that Kip. :thumbup: :thumbup:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Sale is now up to 29 items, with, I think, the addition of the standard C60 Elite 1000.

The only option under Sales filters is now New lower price.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Just speculating... If the "New lower price" items are permanently reduced and become standard listings you'd then be able to use promo code discounts for further savings.