Discuss Christopher Ward watches
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Next Sale

Post by suicidal_orange »

Surf609nj wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:13 pm Image
I bought this too. It’ll be my first watch worth more than $50. I hope I will like it.
That's a big step up, I'm sure you'll love it :thumbup:
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Got an email this time. Was always on the list, then off it for about 6 months and now back on again :-? :-D !
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It's funny that the main website is not showing a link to the sale pages. I assume either there wasn't enough left to open it to the world, or it will still happen at some point, with another release of sale watches.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 pm It's funny that the main website is not showing a link to the sale pages. I assume either there wasn't enough left to open it to the world, or it will still happen at some point, with another release of sale watches.

Great observation. Usually it’s the last item and called “SALE” but it’s missing from the main index now.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ If you take out the 'New Lower Price' watches there are only seven Clearance & Nearly New pieces (at the time of writing) available.

Questionable that it would be worth running a full public sale for that number of watches.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:23 pm ^^^^ If you take out the 'New Lower Price' watches there are only seven Clearance & Nearly New pieces (at the time of writing) available.

Questionable that it would be worth running a full public sale for that number of watches.

Guy
You don't think that they'll add more stock to the public sale?.. :-k :-k
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ If they do, it won't be until Monday now.

There were a few extra pieces added today but . . .??? Your guess is as good as mine.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Delivery scheduled for Monday via DPD
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Well ok yea, I know I said no more watches for a while, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time, have been watching them on eBay but couldn’t find any for under $800. So how could I say no to this at this price?

3CA31112-A3E2-4EB4-8139-EA7E5DB8BD42.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JoeTheUndecided
CW-watches: 1

Post by JoeTheUndecided »

There's at least half a dozen "sale" watches on eBay already, people trying to make a quick buck.
In awe of the knowledge on this forum.

Joe
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 am
gr4z wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:34 am I managed to bag the Elite 1000, payment has been made according to my bank but CW now tell me there is a problem with payment and the order cannot be fulfilled. Still reports 'being dispatched' however. I assume this means they actually sold me a non existing watch as it had already sold out...?
I have heard many reports of payment issues but apparently the payment issues are not correct and that all is well.
Best to send and email or ring CW to confirm though.
I had the same on my order, the payment had in fact gone through, so I advised them and received dispatch email this morning :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

I know people in here talk a lot about scalpers and resellers buying out stock during these sales but . . . .how or why? Looking at watchrecon for prices, if anything you may break even if you list the CW sales watches on the forums. I haven't checked Ebay but even if you get a little more there, after paying all their fees you may end up in the same boat. So how would a scalper make enough money to make it worthwhile for them to raid these sales?
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

This turned up today, very impressed, seems a bit better designed than my old MK2 C60 GMT.
Very quick turnaround as I only ordered it at 17.15 Wed afternoon.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

ajax87 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 pm Well ok yea, I know I said no more watches for a while, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time, have been watching them on eBay but couldn’t find any for under $800. So how could I say no to this at this price?

I saw another US post quoting what seems a very inexpensive price, and I just realized that you get prices with no sales tax. UK get prices priced in sterling, but then plus 20% sales tax so your $463 would correspond to about $555 in the UK. That's a great extra discount from list.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

ajax87 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 pm Well ok yea, I know I said no more watches for a while, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time, have been watching them on eBay but couldn’t find any for under $800. So how could I say no to this at this price?

Great catch! I tried putting it in my cart several times, but the buy it button was always light blue :(
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi