Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: Lets play guess the date

Post by CW257 »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:47 pm
CW257 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:29 pm Some great stuff on there, but nothing to tempt me. To be honest I think the only things that could’ve lured me in would’ve been a Sealander (obviously too early to feature in the sale) or a raw Trident Bronze (no sign of those)
There was a Trident Bronze on black hybrid strap - £655 I think?
Sorry I meant the version with the blue dial
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

I was really close to pulling the trigger on that blue dial C7 Rapide quartz. Hard to say no for $200 and change. Cool watch but I just couldn't come up with a reason to add it other than the low price.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

I bought a 20mm oak strap. I ummed and arhhed over a 40mm blue GMT, but in the end decided I would be only buying it becuase if the cheap price, and not because I wanted the watch.

At this discount, I assume this model will be updated with a new model shortly.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

I managed to pick a few up. I was quick on the draw to grab the C60 Trident Elite GMT 1000 in blue on bracelet. I figured that one was going to sell out quick.

I then got worried about the 42mm size perhaps being too big for me so I hedged my bets and picked up a 40mm C60 Trident GMT 600 in black. Unfortunately the bracelet version had sold out so I had to grab it on the rubber strap.

I figure worst case I can send one back. Although return shipping to the UK will suck for me.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Vicious49 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:32 pm I figure worst case I can send one back. Although return shipping to the UK will suck for me.
If you decide to return one CW covers the return shipping cost and even arranges for its pickup. :thumbup:
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

audio.bill wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:50 pm
Vicious49 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:32 pm I figure worst case I can send one back. Although return shipping to the UK will suck for me.
If you decide to return one CW covers the return shipping cost and even arranges for its pickup. :thumbup:
In the past they would reimburse for return shipping. That was when Vera was still around. I'm not sure how it is now. I'm probably just being skeptical but their CS isn't what it used to be.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

In my experience, their CS is among the best I’ve had from any brand.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Vicious49 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:32 pmI figure worst case I can send one back. Although return shipping to the UK will suck for me.
If it's a popular model (the Elite surely is) you could always sell it on here for the price you paid plus postage - I've done this in the past and it was greatly appreciated by someone who missed the official sale.
bearcatrunner

Post by bearcatrunner »

I grabbed a C60 Elite 1000 Black/Red. I've been looking at this one for a long time and almost pulled the trigger using the coupon code but decided to get in line for a Omega SM 300 Tokyo with a dealer. It is a super super great deal as well. Problem is I didn't have proper authorization for this purchase with the wife so she might beat me for this one. It is totally out of my character to do this but I couldn't help myself. I just love the look and value of this watch. I may have to cancel the Tokyo if I like this one but I did put down a deposit so wondering if I will get that back.

I keep telling myself I deserve it and if I need to I could sell either of them and make a profit. That is reasonable thinking right?
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

bearcatrunner wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:31 pm I grabbed a C60 Elite 1000 Black/Red. I've been looking at this one for a long time and almost pulled the trigger using the coupon code but decided to get in line for a Omega SM 300 Tokyo with a dealer. It is a super super great deal as well. Problem is I didn't have proper authorization for this purchase with the wife so she might beat me for this one. It is totally out of my character to do this but I couldn't help myself. I just love the look and value of this watch. I may have to cancel the Tokyo if I like this one but I did put down a deposit so wondering if I will get that back.

I keep telling myself I deserve it and if I need to I could sell either of them and make a profit. That is reasonable thinking right?
Perfectly reasonable ;)
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Vicious49 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:32 pm I managed to pick a few up. I was quick on the draw to grab the C60 Trident Elite GMT 1000 in blue on bracelet. I figured that one was going to sell out quick.

I then got worried about the 42mm size perhaps being too big...
I've had mine for six months and wear it a lot... it doesn't seem big when you wear it, possibly due to the supremely light weight titanium. It is however quite tall, so not ideal for wearing under shirt cuffs (if tight fitting), but it's a gorgeous watch and has the most satisfying bezel action :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:56 am I'll guess July 6 at 7am
I think I was off by about 22 hours.

I managed to get a NN Black 40mm C60 Trident Pro 600.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

CW257 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 pm
TigerChris wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:47 pm
CW257 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:29 pm Some great stuff on there, but nothing to tempt me. To be honest I think the only things that could’ve lured me in would’ve been a Sealander (obviously too early to feature in the sale) or a raw Trident Bronze (no sign of those)
There was a Trident Bronze on black hybrid strap - £655 I think?
Sorry I meant the version with the blue dial
There’s a 43mm blue dial GMT Bronze there now, although not raw. Got the proper Trident hands on it too!
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

suicidal_orange wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:51 am I'll guess the 7th, probably at 3PM so I get home from work to see the leftovers having been at work when the announcement e-mail went out :lol:
Only 1.5 hours out, what do I win :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:12 pm
There’s a 43mm blue dial GMT Bronze there now, although not raw. Got the proper Trident hands on it too!
I saw that around 17:50 hrs when the bulk of today's new additions were added. Nowt wrong with the Trident Mk3 hands BUT I do like the Mk2's onion hands. :D :D

There was one yesterday afternoon but it got sold pretty quickly, and I wasn't able to do anything then or early this evening.

It was still there around 21:30hrs though, but not for long. :wink: :wink:

I'm not sure whether to treat it as an addition, or instead of, my regular C60 Bronze. Sensible head says I should sell that but Man Math's head says I can afford it. Dilemma. :-k :-k

Guy

PS> Not being raw is not an issue; Bicarbonate of Soda (or is it baking powder) and lemon juice will sort that.
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England