The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by trsullivan »

Rule #1 obtains. I cannot say that which I so greatly desire to say.
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

An everyday conundrum:

You have a cat, your neighbour does not have a cat. Your neighbours front lawn is covered in cat poo. Your approach is:

1) Their garden = their problem
2) Probably another cat from another street
3) Yeah, it's my cat but cats are free spirits (just like me! :) ) so what can you do?
4) Sorry about that, I'll sort it out.

Of course I made answer No.4 up, you will never hear those words.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

We do not have a cat. I have waged a war against the furry gits for years. At its worst I could be removing 5 or 6 new piles of poo every couple of days from the front lawn. It was so bad that when the kids were little we couldn’t let them play on the front lawn due to the amount of cat poo.
Over the years I have tried everything you can suggest to dissuade the poo-ninjas apart from rigging automatic shotguns to motion sensors.
I realise that cats just do what they want but hearing cat owners trot out the usual comments is irritating. I was chatting to one of the neighbours who’s cat definitely used our lawn as a litter tray and they had the same view..”they just go where they like so on that basis you can’t really complain”. I mentioned then that based on that I would come over and drop one on their front lawn when I felt like it...surely they couldn’t complain? 8)
The situation has improved over the last 6 months or so to the point where I might only have to clean up one or two poos a fortnight. I heard on the street grapevine that a couple of cats had died about 6 months ago. You’ll have to forgive the celebrations.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Perfectly good YouTube watch reviews ruined by presenters/reviewers/influencers with whining voices, who haven’t bothered to learn to pronounce the names of the watches they are reviewing properly. :explode:

“You-liss Nardeen”…I’m looking at you! :evil:

PS. Do please remember this is a no-reply thread. If you want to talk about the quality of YouTube reviews and reviewers I’m perfectly happy to start another thread.

PPS. Just doing it now! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

"Modern" EBay. I accept that I'm a tight old git but big fees AND two clear days before payment is passed to my bank account? Grr.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Ebay sellers....who state ‘any questions feel free to asked’ then don’t reply to your messages, you are selling a valuable watch, surely you expect potential buyers to ask questions, just bloody reply to their questions or do you have something to hide ](*,)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Wow I’m popular today, call from HMRC, National Insurance and the Royal Mail all advising me of fraudulent activity. It’s lovely that all these lovely people care so much about me. Unfortunately, me being a nasty person, I’ve hung up on them. 
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Right. I just got over a 12 day migraine. It was ****, but blissful when it ended. Today I caught up with a friend and we sat in the sun and blethered and caught up. It was fab. Then, about an hour ago, I got neck pain, head pain, and the nausea turned itself on like a light switch. I got myself home, swallowed some meds, and I’m back in the dark with a screaming head hoping it’ll all go away.... Last week in the middle of the 12 day migraine my GP spoke to a neurologist. What I’m looking at now is something called Chronic Daily Migraine. Apparently intermittent migraine can sometimes go rogue, and end up with chronic migraine more days than not. I’m flippin furious! I wish I could swear properly on this thread!!

:grumble:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

To the person, who parked out from the kerb, with there wheels turned out, adjacent to the traffic Island.
Worse drivers than me may Clip that wheel and write off your car, you plum ! And you deserve it.

Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Why the f*** does my ex ask me to split the cost of EVERY. SINGLE. DIME she spends on my son?! Isolated expenses, like let’s say braces, I could understand. But a haircut?! You want $15 from me to cover half the cost of a haircut?! OFFS!
Drew
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Night shift.
Bed.
Lovely.

Git of a neighbour who knew I was up all night working and then proceeds to switch on every power tool he owns,and in particular an incredibly noisy saw, at 930am.

(I use earplugs as I don’t expect the world to stop just because I’m trying to get some sleep but no earplug in the world was going to cope with this.)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Haven’t seen my parents since Dec 2019 as they live 150 miles away and…well, you know, there’s been a pandemic thing going on.

I’ve now got 4 days off and we’ve decided to go up and visit them. Unfortunately, due to my wife’s schedule, Tues is the only day she can do.

She suggested that she creates an afternoon tea to take up for us all to enjoy as being as my folks are 80 and not in the best of health, going out isn’t something they’d be happy doing.

I just phoned them and made the suggestion.

Yes, Tues is okay but a neighbor is taken them to ‘have their feet done” so can we make it after 1pm? Yep, fine!

My sister will be home from work at 5:30 and has to wash her prison uniform and freshen up before coming into contact with my folks. Yep, fine!

Mum will be cooking a dinner for them all because said sister, will only have had a sandwich at work. Owing to my mum having suffered a stroke in 2018, deviating from this regular routine, will stress her out too much so dad suggested perhaps we just have a coffee with them and maybe we could bring a cake? Yep, fine!

“Your not upset are you?” says dad. No, it’s fine says I. See you on Tues.

Ten mins later, dad rings back and says that he told Mum & Sis our plans about an afternoon tea and they said it would be lovely thanks? He then put mum on, who promptly said “it’d be lovely but none of us would have had much for lunch so a dinner would be better, especially for Sis who’s been at work all day”. “ I haven’t got anything to give you though as we don’t do our shopping until Thursday” (They don’t have transport and rely on Sis)

“Okay” says I. “How about a compromise?” I’ll get us all fish & chips”.

Apparently, Sis can’t eat fish & chips, Indian or Chinese because of IBS and she doesn’t like pizza. Ok, fine!

Coffee & a cake it is then. I’m sure the 300 mile round trip will ensure it’s the best coffee & cake I’ve eaten since, well, the last time we visited them!
Steve.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

As today temperatures reached 32C, why do some idiots think it’s smart to take their dogs out in the midday sun? Don’t they realise the harm they are causing? Clearly not because when I challenged one such idiot today, all I got back was #*@+ off.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Another parking point that does my pickle in completely is people who double park on a narrow terraced street like mine and refuse to put their car up the kerb. (Usually the same turds who leave their wheel turned out).

Today was karma x1000. Small fire at the end of the street. No biggy, but it began to catch at one of the garden fences, then the washing went up, then spread to the house.

Fire plod turned up and couldnt get through due to mr or mrs turd and having no joy quickly knocking on a few houses, proceeded to ram said turd mobile out the way to get to the fire.

Had our differences with them lot when I was in the cops but by christ they dont muck about!
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

8A120B9C-54A2-4C2B-A9D1-2A3C28489204.jpeg