Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

C60 Trident GMT 600 - The devil is in the detail

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I remember reading on here sometime last week, a post bemoaning the disappearance of the C60 Trident GMT 600 from CW's website, tinged with potential excitement of a possible appearance in the eagerly expected Summer Sale.

Well?

Its back, relisted on CW's website but the devil is in the detail as it now has the, much requested, Bidirectional 24 hour Bezel.

However, it still has the 42 hours Power Reserve SW330 movement. It would be good if, at some stage, CW upgraded this to the 56 hours Power Reserve SW330-2 movement, as used in the C63 Sealander GMT.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 Trident GMT 600 - The devil is in the detail

Post by Toph »

That’s great!!
It’s been my only minor gripe about what is otherwise an outstanding watch. My first CW and a wonderful watch .. now how do I get a new bezel hahah
92C34A23-08D0-45CC-B836-549851C4F8A0.jpeg
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks for that Guy, I hadn't spotted the bi-directional bezel update.
I did notice that the Reb bezel version has now sadly gone as CW said it would eventually because it was dearer to produce compared to the other colours.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

This was my main criticism of the GMTs across the board. Especially after I took apart and modded my C65 GMT. So this is great news. As far as the movement goes, I would think that Sellita would phase out the 330 at some point and have the 330-2 all that is available. They may be burning through a pile of the 330s before that happens. Does anyone know if the dimensions of the movements are identical?
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:05 pm I remember reading on here sometime last week, a post bemoaning the disappearance of the C60 Trident GMT 600 from CW's website, tinged with potential excitement of a possible appearance in the eagerly expected Summer Sale.

Well?

Its back, relisted on CW's website but the devil is in the detail as it now has the, much requested, Bidirectional 24 hour Bezel.

However, it still has the 42 hours Power Reserve SW330 movement. It would be good if, at some stage, CW upgraded this to the 56 hours Power Reserve SW330-2 movement, as used in the C63 Sealander GMT.

Guy
What versions of the C60 600 GMT have been changed to bi-directonal ? I don't think it's all of them yet, blue 40mm for example is still stating uni.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:05 pm I remember reading on here sometime last week, a post bemoaning the disappearance of the C60 Trident GMT 600 from CW's website, tinged with potential excitement of a possible appearance in the eagerly expected Summer Sale.

Well?

Guy
What versions of the C60 600 GMT have been changed to bi-directonal ? I don't think it's all of them yet, blue 40mm for example is still stating uni.
The only C60 GMT models that I currently find via search are 42mm with the new bidirectional bezel. Maybe other sizes are being similarly reworked?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ The 42mm; if you follow the link in my opening post.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England