What would your dream CW watch look like? - Photoshop fun

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Re: What would your dream CW watch look like? - Photoshop fun

Post by J0EMI »

welshlad wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 pm I know we are dreaming in this thread, but it might be worth keeping some realism. For example, CW have said that 40mm is the smallest case that the SH21 can fit into, so the current C63 Auto case is not viable for it.

Also, in the picture above what is the point of chronograph pushers if there are no sub-dials or other chronograph functionality on the dial? What are the pushers controlling?
Touché :lol: Completely distracted while watching the football to add the sub dials before submitting it. Fixed :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

welshlad wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 pm I know we are dreaming in this thread, but it might be worth keeping some realism. For example, CW have said that 40mm is the smallest case that the SH21 can fit into, so the current C63 Auto case is not viable for it.

Also, in the picture above what is the point of chronograph pushers if there are no sub-dials or other chronograph functionality on the dial? What are the pushers controlling?
I see what you’re saying, but that’s not the point of a dream! This is a pure dream. Of course if I wanted to submit for something more reality based, maybe using the C63 elite case could fit the SH21, using a dial like the C63 auto as imagined above.

I liked your mock ups, J0EMI. Thanks!

Not sure about the realities of a chronograph, as of course the SH21 is not a chronograph movement, and a chronograph movement might be too thick for the existing cases.

But a guy can dream
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

J0EMI wrote:Touché Image Completely distracted while watching the football to add the sub dials before submitting it. Fixed Image
No worries. I thought you'd probably been distracted. :)

Back on the topic of realism though, what chronograph movement has its sub-dials in those positions, just below centre? With any design you have to think about what movement you're using, as this gives the constraints you have to work with, eg sub-dial placement, minimum case size, how far from the centre the date window needs to be, how many hands you've got, any other complications like power reserves etc. I'm not trying to be awkward, I'm just trying to ensure that any cracking designs that people come up with are at least viable. Image

EDIT: Sorry, Alex, I hadn't seen your post before posting mine. I understand what you're saying, but I've seen too many threads like this when we've done FLEs in the past, with designs being unviable and people then being disappointed. Personally, I find it more constructive to try to come up with imaginative ideas that are workable. But each to their own. Also, the SH21 can be a chronograph, its just that CW haven't got around to it yet. :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I have often wondered what the C60 trident blue dial,
(See pic below) would look like with the bronze ombre dial. As far as I know it has never been offered, please forgive if it has. As long as were at it, can you remove the date, put the black debossed logo at 12, and remove the name from the 9 o'clock position? Thanks, I have no photo shop skills. :oops:
20210622_224151.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:22 pm Sort of a C60 GMT Anthropocine?

Nice.
How about a Sealander Anthropocene but with a ceramic bezel? And with the blackened hands and dial markers (not shown in this image). Make it a 41mm. Instant sales hit.

I like the steel bezel on the black Sealander but makes the white one look a bit bland.

A black version would be cool as well.

watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:51 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:22 pm Sort of a C60 GMT Anthropocine?

Nice.
How about a Sealander Anthropocene but with a ceramic bezel? And with the blackened hands and dial markers (not shown in this image). Make it a 41mm. Instant sales hit.

A black version would be cool as well.

Agreed...Instant hit, and very doable. No GMT in the box yet, but that just might be the one. :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Nordwulf's white dial GMT with blue ceramic bezel and red accents on the dial instead of the orange.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Great mock ups. I've said it before but it must be really tough for CW deciding from all of the variations of watches which one(s) makes it to production. So many choices, sizes, fine details, colours which could make the difference between a commercial success and a slow moving millstone
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

I've put the idea of a Sapphire Black with an SH21 (so, twin-barrel movement seen from both sides) into the Suggestions Box at CW. Apparently it will fit in 40mm, so that is one simple idea.

If a 40mm version of the C60 Trident Bronze Ombre was released, I would grab one in a trice - small wrist syndrome, you see....

Blend the two together with the black bezel/bronze coin-edge and gosh!
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Noush wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 am I've put the idea of a Sapphire Black with an SH21 (so, twin-barrel movement seen from both sides) into the Suggestions Box at CW.
How does one go about suggesting ideas to CW :o
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:52 pm 1 of the recent photos of the white C63 (which I can't find now) picked up a colour from somewhere that made the dial look a pale blue a little softer than the sky blue colour Halios released a couple of years ago (and much much lighter than the new Rolex OP).

So interested to see what it would look like - pale blue dial with existing white baton markers and hands, dark blue or black minute numerals and pips and WR and second hand tip, on the blue tide strap.
sketch-1624452073573.png
Hope this is close to what you described :thumbup:
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

J0EMI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:54 am

How does one go about suggesting ideas to CW :o
You send them an email and say this is for the Suggestions Box and they say OK, that's a good idea!
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

J0EMI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am
Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:52 pm 1 of the recent photos of the white C63 (which I can't find now) picked up a colour from somewhere that made the dial look a pale blue a little softer than the sky blue colour Halios released a couple of years ago (and much much lighter than the new Rolex OP).

So interested to see what it would look like - pale blue dial with existing white baton markers and hands, dark blue or black minute numerals and pips and WR and second hand tip, on the blue tide strap.
sketch-1624442721586.png

Hope this is close to what you described :thumbup:
Perfect and done so quickly - thanks for taking the time to do that.

I like it and I'd be happy to buy that as it'd be a great summer watch. :thumbup:
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

watchaholic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:48 am I have often wondered what the C60 trident blue dial,
(See pic below) would look like with the bronze ombre dial. As far as I know it has never been offered, please forgive if it has. As long as were at it, can you remove the date, put the black debossed logo at 12, and remove the name from the 9 o'clock position? Thanks, I have no photo shop skills. :oops:
sketch-1624452481561.png
:thumbup:
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

J0EMI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 am
watchaholic wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:48 am I have often wondered what the C60 trident blue dial,
(See pic below) would look like with the bronze ombre dial. As far as I know it has never been offered, please forgive if it has. As long as were at it, can you remove the date, put the black debossed logo at 12, and remove the name from the 9 o'clock position? Thanks, I have no photo shop skills. :oops
sketch-1624452481561.png

:thumbup:
Thanks for that, I think I like that very much. Most would want a date (you don't need to bother), but I reckon one could be added at 6 without mucking up the looks much. :thumbup:
Dwight