Moonglow World glow Superluminova questions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
danielboone72
CW-watches: 1

Moonglow World glow Superluminova questions

Post by danielboone72 »

Hi,

Well am contemplating the C1 Moon glow. I was thinking and perhaps may still end up with the old C1 Grand Malvern but the Lume is very tempting and makes it more useful in more situations theatres, blacked out concerts, even some dinners with after dinner shows.

Am sure the lume is perfectly long lasting after an afternoon under summer skies.
Though I do wonder how long it lasts? 6pm to pub closing time and drive home midnight say? Am thinking of an Autumn evening

What do you folks do in winter? Cloudy days raining wet and sunset by 3:30pm.

If charging by a UV lamp or torch I think that is the way it's done for the nice shots.
Say how long before charged and then how long does it last say charge at 6pm good till midnight?

I have a UV disinfector for mobile phones and watches too. I will try with my old 600 GMT and see how long I can get the old style lume to last.

I'd probably be using it as a dress watch mostly, leaving it on a winder by day with a light on. I guess most watch winders you can charge the lume while they are inside or is the glass in the way a problem.

Cheers for any thoughts.
Garmin Forerunner 745 - Sports
C600 GMT Black ChrWard - Travel
Junghans Max Bill Mega Atomic - Business
Linjer Mimalist Swiss Quartz (Kickstarter) - Dress
Bulova Luna Moon 262Khz
GrandDads watch restored
Pulsar Lithium 10 First watch fixed
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Moonglow World glow Superluminova questions

Post by ajax87 »

I can speak to the Moonglow, having owned one since January.

If you haven’t already, check out the reference gallery and gallery for some good shots. Also, the CWL of the day thread today featured lume shots of both the Moonglow and Worldglow.

The lume charges up faster and brighter than any of my other watches. I can be much help on the longevity, since I’ve never paid attention to or tested it.

Although I just took it in a dark closet after wearing it all day mostly in a windowless basement, having charged it with a UV torch and taking it out in the sun around noon. It’s 7:30pm and still has a muted glow in the darkness.

For what it’s worth, I love the watch. A perfect size and it wears great. I can dress it up or down. I like the date wheel concept and the whole star and moon aesthetic. It’s just a pleasure to look at.

Happy hunting!

48DF2E5A-5695-4C48-B36D-4DEF7E4C63F4.jpeg
0CCB3521-A147-4B4A-B954-A7F9254D3E48.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925