Free limited edition AM GT 1VEV CW watch up for grabs

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Free limited edition AM GT 1VEV CW watch up for grabs

Post by iain »

Deks wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:04 pm How horrendous It will be if the nerve and disc have calcifued and cant be operated on as mentioned by the NHS guy.
Focus on the positives. Doctors have to give you all the facts in order for you to give informed consent before they undertake any procedure. This means they have to give the negatives as well as the positives but doesn’t mean that it will necessarily come to that.

Spinal surgery is a complex medical procedure and not without risk, but the fact they are prepared to operate means the medical experts obviously think its worth doing.

Easy for me to say this but remain positive and think of that light at the end of the tunnel which is starting to shine brighter,
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

iain wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Deks wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:04 pm How horrendous It will be if the nerve and disc have calcifued and cant be operated on as mentioned by the NHS guy.
Focus on the positives. Doctors have to give you all the facts in order for you to give informed consent before they undertake any procedure. This means they have to give the negatives as well as the positives but doesn’t mean that it will necessarily come to that.

Spinal surgery is a complex medical procedure and not without risk, but the fact they are prepared to operate means the medical experts obviously think its worth doing.

Easy for me to say this but remain positive and think of that light at the end of the tunnel which is starting to shine brighter,
iain is absolutely right ^^^^
The positive is what iain said above (highlighted in bold) :thumbup:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Good luck! Any kind of surgery is a scary endeavor. You have a bunch of people pulling for you!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I'm a member of a watch forums and the people here are amazing! I've never known anything like it. I spent nearly one and three quarter hours last week on the phone with Richard from these forums who was amazing. If things do work out I might even throw in my beloved cat with the watch.... i'm joking! No-one gets my cat, she's a once in a lifetime fluffy ball of happyness. Haha
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

Good luck with surgery mate.

As it comes to pain and paranoia, have you tried CBD oil?

While I was on chemo and radiation therapy, CBD was illegal. Weed helped a lot to supress nausea and pain but most of all crippling fear and anxiety
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

sinner777 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:46 am Good luck with surgery mate.

As it comes to pain and paranoia, have you tried CBD oil?

While I was on chemo and radiation therapy, CBD was illegal. Weed helped a lot to supress nausea and pain but most of all crippling fear and anxiety
Someone else mentioned CBD oil. I had forgotten to look that up. I will have a look into that sinners thankyou for the mention :-)

I've had a roller coaster few days. Unbearable nerve grinding. Unable to stand straight, back spasms, etc etc. Im lying here high as as a kite on my painkillers and another 2 bottles of wine and feel pain free :-)

I will miss this watch now but I think It will be the last watch I wear before the surgery and if if if if if it is successful I hope whoever wins it realises what a special watch it is due the history behind it :-).

Once again take all and sorry if you are getting sick of me now :-)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Not too long to go now Mike, keep the faith mate.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 am Not too long to go now Mike, keep the faith mate.
Hi Ferg good to hear from you :') im absolutelg out of my tree on the painkillers and alcohol. One week on monday and yhd resl pain starts! Speaking to Richard on these forums has given me a massively improve attitude. Ivd got a date for thd operation, it might not work, but ehy am I being an idiot and tryinb to plan my end,.

Im good im strong. My work will prob to get rid of me. I dont care i just want to be right again and if HR want to be as they are then so be it. If im mended i will smile and say thankyou for my time :-)

On a positive im waering the am gt 1vev and its a great watch. If if if my op is a success this watch will havd such a history and I hope the winner will waer it with pride :-)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Only two Mondays away now Mike ;) :thumbup:
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 am Only two Mondays away now Mike ;) :thumbup:
I walked out of my drive for the first time today in months. If was late after midnight. It was really hard work. Im back in bed now at approx 1am and im waiting for the pain to settle down. On a positive I managed to walk to see my 88 year old paralysed mum and I kissed her at least 50 times and her smile was worth every single second of the pain. Im crying my eyes out now in a good way I will never forget how I love my beautiful mum xx
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I hope you keep the watch and wear it in your coming good health. Be well and get better.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Deks wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:20 am
MiniMpi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 am Only two Mondays away now Mike ;) :thumbup:
I walked out of my drive for the first time today in months. If was late after midnight. It was really hard work. Im back in bed now at approx 1am and im waiting for the pain to settle down. On a positive I managed to walk to see my 88 year old paralysed mum and I kissed her at least 50 times and her smile was worth every single second of the pain. Im crying my eyes out now in a good way I will never forget how I love my beautiful mum xx
Well done mate :clap:
My Mum passed away just before Christmas so I can totally understand that Mike.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I'm poised with my guess, but should I win it will only be to send it back to you with a different (additional) strap, as @iain suggested some time ago.

In fact if there's a way of making your home address available to the forum members, I am sure you would be inundated with straps. What width do you want for preference?

Good luck for tomorrow from us all.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

JAFO wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:16 am Good luck for tomorrow from us all.
I'll second that.

I won't be guessing. Not that I don't appreciate the gesture, but your watch belongs with you.

All the best.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Whole bunch of people rooting for you Mike. All the best.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."