cost???

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Re: SH21 servicing cost???

Post by NeWard »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 pm ^^^^ Yes; its quite a rare piece and worth keeping if you can.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you.

Guy
Thank you, fingers crossed :oops:
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Ok so the final verdict from CW is that since I can't provide warranty booklet or ordering number to them they will not honor any services on this watch. Its a shame because of how limited this watch is and even though I knew its less than 5 years old but since I have nothing to show it CW will not cover it.

My only option is to return it to the seller who sold me this watch, or if anyone in the forum is interested in it I can sell it to them. :(
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

NeWard wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:45 pm Ok so the final verdict from CW is that since I can't provide warranty booklet or ordering number to them they will not honor any services on this watch. Its a shame because of how limited this watch is and even though I knew its less than 5 years old but since I have nothing to show it CW will not cover it.

My only option is to return it to the seller who sold me this watch, or if anyone in the forum is interested in it I can sell it to them. :(
If it were me I'd take the hit and get it straightened out with CW. You're almost out of warranty anyway and the black/red SH21s are the most desirable as well as rarest.

You could also ask a local watchmaker (a proper technician) to take a look, if no parts are necessary he could probably sort it. After all you don't have to worry about invalidating the warranty!

Your call of course, best of luck.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:45 pm
NeWard wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:45 pm Ok so the final verdict from CW is that since I can't provide warranty booklet or ordering number to them they will not honor any services on this watch. Its a shame because of how limited this watch is and even though I knew its less than 5 years old but since I have nothing to show it CW will not cover it.

If it were me I'd take the hit and get it straightened out with CW. You're almost out of warranty anyway and the black/red SH21s are the most desirable as well as rarest.

You could also ask a local watchmaker (a proper technician) to take a look, if no parts are necessary he could probably sort it. After all you don't have to worry about invalidating the warranty!

Your call of course, best of luck.
I really wanted to fix this watch but the repair cost on this watch is a bit steep to me and I don't know if I wanted to pay it out.

I'm also furious that the seller sold me a faulty/defective watch. I'm either going to return the watch to seller or ask him for partial $ back because prior to the deal he have stated the watch is in great condition and keeping good time meanwhile it stopped on me not even 2-3 days after receiving it. :? :? :?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

@neward

I think I would have gone straight back to the seller. Before assuming the watch was sent to you in poor condition, maybe there was no problem, and the watch has been disturbed in transit. You said it ran for a couple of days on receipt.

In general I would note that I don't like to buy watches without box and papers.

Maybe it's just a rotor issue, and easily fixed.

Just a thought with regard to servicing. Is there a difference between sending in a watch that's running for service, compared with sending in a watch with known faults?
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

NeWard wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:26 am
I really wanted to fix this watch but the repair cost on this watch is a bit steep to me and I don't know if I wanted to pay it out.

I'm also furious that the seller sold me a faulty/defective watch. I'm either going to return the watch to seller or ask him for partial $ back because prior to the deal he have stated the watch is in great condition and keeping good time meanwhile it stopped on me not even 2-3 days after receiving it. :? :? :?
Yep, it is a PITA. You have to discuss with the seller anyway but don't delay and you'll have ebay/paypal on your side. The seller will have no choice but to refund if you are unhappy.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

In all fairness I think your beef is with the seller not CW.

CW can not be held responsible for a watch if it is now in 2nd or 3rd hand. The watch may well have been "tampered" with, so go back to the seller first. It is not fair on the CW brand to air a grief on here when you don't have the correct documentation. Maybe the seller was not being honest with you in the first place?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

If you really want the watch, I'd keep it and send it straight to CW and eat the cost. Go through the service you bought jt through and explain ghe situation. You might get a partial refund for costs related to fixing s watch advertised in "good working condition."

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

An update for my sh21 c60 diver, I reached out to CW again in regards to my issue and this time they decided to ship my watch over to take a look, fingers crossed on they will honor the 60/60 and help me fix the watch.
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

Hope you get the result you want. The SH21 has the reputation of being a tractor movement. So CW maybe interested in finding out what happened themselves.
These users thanked the author Stuart1 for the post:
NeWard
ArtfulRoger
Senior
Senior

Post by ArtfulRoger »

NeWard wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 pm An update for my sh21 c60 diver, I reached out to CW again in regards to my issue and this time they decided to ship my watch over to take a look, fingers crossed on they will honor the 60/60 and help me fix the watch.
That's a good result.

If I bought a car as the third owner and it was still under manufacturers warranty I'd not accept the manufacturer to deny it a repair just because I was not the original owner. Surely the same would apply for watches even without paperwork to that effect?

Fingers crossed CW do the trick.
These users thanked the author ArtfulRoger for the post:
NeWard
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I don't know why there is this quibbling over paperwork. I may be being a bit stupid here (neither the first nor last time) but surely the watch has a serial number? It's not exactly rocket science is it for a manufacturer/retailer to identify the exact date it was originally sold?
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post (total 2):
ArtfulRogerNeWard
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
ArtfulRoger
Senior
Senior

Post by ArtfulRoger »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:19 pm I don't know why there is this quibbling over paperwork. I may be being a bit stupid here (neither the first nor last time) but surely the watch has a serial number? It's not exactly rocket science is it for a manufacturer/retailer to identify the exact date it was originally sold?
That's on the assumption the said manufacturer does indeed keep an audit trail or register? You'd guess or at least hope so.
These users thanked the author ArtfulRoger for the post:
NeWard
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:19 pm I don't know why there is this quibbling over paperwork. I may be being a bit stupid here (neither the first nor last time) but surely the watch has a serial number? It's not exactly rocket science is it for a manufacturer/retailer to identify the exact date it was originally sold?
that was actually my reasoning too for cw to take a look at my watch and see if its still under the 60/60 warranty :oops:
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

ArtfulRoger wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 pm
NeWard wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 pm An update for my sh21 c60 diver, I reached out to CW again in regards to my issue and this time they decided to ship my watch over to take a look, fingers crossed on they will honor the 60/60 and help me fix the watch.
That's a good result.

If I bought a car as the third owner and it was still under manufacturers warranty I'd not accept the manufacturer to deny it a repair just because I was not the original owner. Surely the same would apply for watches even without paperwork to that effect?

Fingers crossed CW do the trick.
hopefully they can help me :oops: