Received my 14th CW watch this morning!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Received my 14th CW watch this morning!

Post by Deks »

I'm beginning to think I may have an silly impulsive side to my personality! I know I'm going through a lot mentally with my back problem and watch therapy is really helping my mood and state of mind.

Lol 6 months ago I owned one cheap plastic Timex Marathon watch and the plastic strap finally gave up the ghost when one of the many cracks in the strap snapped so I treated myself to my first CW watch. Roll forward to today and I took delivery of my 14th CW watch :-).

I'm wearing it as I type this and will reveal shortly which one it is. It's not a current watch but I was inspired to get this watch after reading a recent post on these forums. I'm always late to the party but I'm really enjoying wearing this watch after finally prizing the SC off my wrist. But what watch is it ......

Ps if Richard is reading this I hinted to you about it on our phone call yesterday :-). After our call I bought the watch and it arrived today. It wasn't the C65 bronze ombre tho as I cant find one of those:-(
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Received my 14th CW watch this morning!

Post by ajax87 »

Hmmmmm..... my guess is a C8 power reserve. It’s been mentioned around the forum quite a bit lately!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

So many good old models, and I'm not sure what the 13(!) you already had are to cross them off. What has been mentioned recently ... the C20 Lido was in CW of the day so could be one of them?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Deks wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:19 pmPs if Richard is reading this I hinted to you about it on our phone call yesterday :-). After our call I bought the watch and it arrived today. It wasn't the C65 bronze ombre tho as I cant find one of those:-(
I’m delighted for you, without doubt it’s a fabulous watch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

ajax87 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 pm Hmmmmm..... my guess is a C8 power reserve. It’s been mentioned around the forum quite a bit lately!
Grrr, me and my big mouth I knew I shouldn't have given so many clues so early!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I love the watch tho!
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Gar787 »

Great choice Deks...now for number 15? Cheers mate, Phil 👍
PHIL
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Deks wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:54 pm
ajax87 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 pm Hmmmmm..... my guess is a C8 power reserve. It’s been mentioned around the forum quite a bit lately!
Grrr, me and my big mouth I knew I shouldn't have given so many clues so early!
Haha, sorry to spoil! The C8 PR is a spectacular watch. I probably couldn’t pull it off with my 6” wrist so I have to enjoy it from afar. Looking forward to your pics!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Pics please Deks!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Thanks for the replies. The post was a bit of fun so no worries for spoiling the fun I was going to have :-)

In seriousness it is a lovely watch and a lot different to the love I have for the C65 series of watches. Im rubbish with pictures so Im going to wear her and have a couple of days of personal time together and then I will share her with the world. Lol all my watches are girls and yes im sad but I wont change and thats the way I am :-). Im just thinking it is a big watch but so what there are big girls and I love big girls.

Peace all and thanks for reading and helping me by being nice while im a mental basket case :-)

Mikey
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Good move! CW's finest (IMHO).
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

A hearty congrats and well done. Now THAT is what I call Getting With The Programme!
+1 on the "rubbish with pictures" thing here too, but look forward to seeing her when you are ready for that.

I'd been thinking I was reasonably Collection Settled but thought I should get a couple more CWs, there's so many really good ones.
You - are - not - helping. :)
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hehe Chris, you know you want to do it and resistance is futile! 😁

I'm praying now the private surgeon is still willing to do the back surgery on the 21st after the NHS surgeon made a U-turn on Friday saying the disc is so bad now if its hard there is no operation that can sort it. What a nightmare. If I do manage to get the private surgery and the nerve isn't calcified to the disc and it works out (lots of if's) I'm going to get a bronze watch as my 15th and watch the patina develop hopefully as I try to get better.

Anyway the first step is to see what the private surgeon says after seeing my latest scan on Tuesday.

I'm babbling again :-)

Mike
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

The C8PR is one I’ve been eyeballing for too long. I like it, but know it’s too large for me. Were it in a 38-41 size, I’d love to own one. Enjoy yours!

Sorry about the back/surgery issues. Terribly debilitating when the back goes out. Best wishes for positive progress on the medical front.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Thomcat and thankyou :-)

I love the size of the C8, I really love it. Lol you will soon realise i'm a bit mental (in a nice way). It is laying on the pillow next me along with my C65 Trident Gmt as I type this. They are the chosen ones that I have picked to sleep with me tonight hehe :-)