Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Bracelet half links are coming !!!

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^^
@hgercek

What is amazing is that an omega alligator strap costs £535 I think, which they split as £320 for the leather and £215 for the clasp. (From memory -
Something like that anyway). I find those prices ridiculously high. It's amazing that a CW Cordovan strap on a Bader/omega clasp costs just £115. Half the price of what omega charge for just the clasp. I know Stella Artois is reassuringly expensive, but come on.
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:42 pm I'm in the fortunate position that the standard links and ratchet adjustable clasp suit my 7.5" wrist down to a T, in all the CW watches I own, or have owned, regardless of lug-2-lug length or depth of the case back.

I can appreciate however that if my wrist was, say, a quarter of an inch larger or smaller it might be a very different matter.

Its therefore great that CW will be offering half links soon. I just hope they don't change the standard length, 170mm, of a bracelet (6 + 6 links) other than perhaps to add an additional half link.

It has been reported on here the the C63 Sealander bracelet has half links. Is someone able to confirm this and give details of the length of bracelet and number of links?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I don't remember the link sizes but do recall someone saying that the 'half links' are 2/3 links- as they should be. That's great and I certainly applaud CW for getting them to market.

I can understand those who don't understand the need- I might be the same. But having gone from the C60mk2 which fitted perfectly to the C60mk3 which now doesn't (caught between links), I'm hoping I can fit out my three C60s with half links to finally be able to wear properly.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

I am excited by this in that I may get a 40mm Trident again. I waited on the 40mm Trident for a while and ultimately returned it when they came out because of the fitment of the bracelet due to no half-links. I pestered them about adding them someday, but was told probably not until Mk4. Great news they are doing this now!!

This may also be relevant to this thread and of interest to some. My wife has a 38mm Mk2 Trident quartz that has an issue with the clasp, so I reached out to see if I could get a replacement clasp or an older bracelet that would fit the MK2.

I was told a few weeks ago that "shoulders" (I take that to mean enlinks?) that will fit the older cases would be available such that the new style bracelets (sold separately) could be fitted to CWs with older cases (mk2 for example).
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:42 pm
It has been reported on here the the C63 Sealander bracelet has half links. Is someone able to confirm this and give details of the length of bracelet and number of links?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
It does have half links (2). I don't have the watch to count the links and measure the length unfortunately. It was a gift for my Dad which has been already given! He was over the moon BTW :thumbup:

For me it is welcome news. I have a mix of bracelets and they are all a little different. My C65 GMT fits great with the micro adjust somewhere in the middle most days. This is the MK1 bracelet for the C65 range. Can go up or down as needed. My Super Compressor is the same way. My Dartmouth with a MKII C65 bracelet and my C60 Ombré both need half links. I am all the way closed on the adjustment and sometimes it is a tad loose. All of them have 5 links on both sides of the clasp. I just think it is case differences that make the difference in fit.

EDIT: Another difference is the length of the links that attach the clasp on the older bracelets.

Here are some of my bracelets side by side. Order top to bottom - C60, C65 Super Compressor, C65 MK1.

You can see that the SC has shorter flatter end links that makes up some of the difference and the MK1 has shorter connections from the clasp to the bracelet.

All three are essentially the same length end to end.

20210527_151810786_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Yes, I think the case makes quite a difference. My C60mk3 Elite wears a bit tighter than my C60mk3 and wouldn’t need a half-link. On the C60mk2 GMT the case back was a tiny bit thicker and needed an additional micro-adjustment notch than the standard C60mk2 , but that doesn’t seem to be the case with the mk3- they seem to be the same.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

richtel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:22 pm Yes, I think the case makes quite a difference. My C60mk3 Elite wears a bit tighter than my C60mk3 and wouldn’t need a half-link. On the C60mk2 GMT the case back was a tiny bit thicker and needed an additional micro-adjustment notch than the standard C60mk2 , but that doesn’t seem to be the case with the mk3- they seem to be the same.
Good call on case height or rather lug hole to case height. Another variable.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London