Purchasing advice...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Boycy070974

Purchasing advice...

Post by Boycy070974 »

Hi everyone, quite new to CW already own a C60 Trident pro 600, and am looking at buying my second CW, I'm leaning towards a C65 Super Compressor and I have a few questions..
1. When I look on the website there is only Ocean Blue and Deep blue does this mean they have sold out of the other Colours?
2. I have seen a few different variants Deep blue with a white outer are these still available..?
3. This is going to be a gift for my Birthday in September is there a chance it will be sold out and discontinued if I wait till then...

Thanks in advance for any advice....
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Purchasing advice...

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

1. There was a Black Sand version, but it didn’t sell well and was put up as a sale item. Probably sold out now at the lower price.
2. Sorry, I don’t know but someone else might.
3. Always a chance, but I wouldn’t expect anyone on the forum to be able to predict that with any degree of certainty. You always run that risk if you wait.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Edit: Steve beat me to it while I was typing!

1. The only other color was black sand, which CW discontinued at the end of 2020 and sold remaining stock in the January sale. Might pop up again in the summer sale? Who knows.
2. There are only 2 variants, deep blue which has the matching bezel, and ocean blue with the white bezel. The dial hue varies greatly in different lighting conditions, so what you’ve likely seen is an ocean blue in low lighting.
3. They seem to be one of CWs more popular offerings, and were initially released only in August 2020, so it’s unlikely they’ll be discontinued soon. You never know though. There’s always eBay if so.

Great choice btw, the super compressor is a stunner in any color! Now the hard part, which color?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

1. There was only one other colour - Black sand. This was one of the launch colours. It didn't sell well and all of the remaining inventory was sold in the Q1 sale. They won't be coming back. I doubt that CW will release another colourway but could be wrong.
2 - I have only seen the teal (ocean) blue and black sand with the white bezel. I'm not sure where you got the dark blue with white bezel from as IIRC it has a colour matched blue bezel.
3 - The SC has sold well (well, except the Black Sand) so it should still be in production as it was launched in October 2020. Popular watches last longer than 12 months with CW.
Welcome to the forum.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Boycy070974

Post by Boycy070974 »

Hi thanks for replys just been looking back through gallery and it was a ocean blue with a white bezel whic I thought was deep blue.. Would I be better waiting for Summer sale to see if any come available and if so when is the sale?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

If you wait for the Summer Sale: firstly, there is no guarantee that the actual watch you want will be in the sale; secondly you will be competing against all the people who lie in wait to snap up the bargains and then put them on sale at a massive mark up on eBay or other sites.

If you really really really want it, take the hit and buy it while you know it is available.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Boycy070974

Post by Boycy070974 »

Ok great advice, back to the gallery to see which colour deep blue or ocean blue why is these decisions so hard lol....
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Boycy070974 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:34 pm Ok great advice, back to the gallery to see which colour deep blue or ocean blue why is these decisions so hard lol....
There are discount codes currently available! If you inquire here, you can easily get the code for your market.

US code: 125LOUPE21 for $125 off $625 or more
Drew
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I love my black sand but can't keep the ocean blue off my wrist now. It is a **** to match the blue face with a blue strap although the CW tibor strap is a perfect match. I absolutely adore it with a bright orange strap. I have 13 CW watches but this week the ocean blue SC is the watch I love
Boycy070974

Post by Boycy070974 »

Wow 13 I guess it becomes a bit of a passion then...
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Boycy070974 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:39 am Wow 13 I guess it becomes a bit of a passion then...
I think I got a bit carried away :-). I've run out of money now so am buying cheapish watch straps at the moment as I love how different straps change an existing watch completely :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Passion, obsession... it’s a very thin line that we dance all around! lol.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Boycy070974 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:03 pm Hi everyone, quite new to CW already own a C60 Trident pro 600, and am looking at buying my second CW, I'm leaning towards a C65 Super Compressor and I have a few questions..
1. When I look on the website there is only Ocean Blue and Deep blue does this mean they have sold out of the other Colours?
2. I have seen a few different variants Deep blue with a white outer are these still available..?
3. This is going to be a gift for my Birthday in September is there a chance it will be sold out and discontinued if I wait till then...

Thanks in advance for any advice....
Full details of the C65 Super Compressor range may be found in the CWArchive

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I say passion others say problem, I say collection others say obsession..😆
As long as it makes you happy and you can do it..

The Super Compressor is a great watch in both colours 👍 as is the C60 in all its iterations!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I forgot to add, the SC looks absolutely amazing in the flesh. Its one of the few watches that look so much better than any photo :-). I still have the ocean blue on my wrist with the Barton orange canvas strap at the moment