C63 GMT Black dial vs White dial.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C63 GMT Black dial vs White dial.

Post by jkbarnes »

magicman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:39 pm looking forward to seeing your usual great photos Ferg.
Me too! If anyone is going to capture these watches at their best, it will be Ferg!
Drew
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

First virtual Showroom tour for me today. Declan was very accommodating in my various requests to compare the GMT v Auto v Black Sapphire. I placed the order and Declan was also very helpful in rushing to get the watch out for delivery tomorrow.

Black C63 GMT on its way.... can’t wait!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm Black C63 GMT on its way.... can’t wait!
Very good choice, KCM! Looking forward to some good pictures when it lands. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

^^^Thanks AVO. Pictures will follow :)
richtea
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by richtea »

Well done Ferg :thumbup: :D

I'm right on the edge with one of these GMT 's as you know

Having looked and re-looked many times at the White dial and Black dial variant photos posted its very close but think the Black just wins the day as it has that slight extra visual dynamic
Never easy to explain but certain watches just hit the eye with that additional impact

And funnily enough ...although todays world allows us all to examine dials and images online to extreme detail....... i often return to the quick glance check method in the end
That first second on the eye without multi image comparisons is usually ultimately telling and the most instinctive

Still a bit unsure ref the 39mm as we've discussed but the GMT bezel seems to help on the wrist presence
Anyhow youve been brave and gone for it :clap:

Enjoy
Best regards
Rich
6 x C Ward
Assorted Swiss and
Japanese Quartz/Autos etc ...

Open the pod doors Hal !! :lol:
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I think my choice would be a black GMT to complement a white auto.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Appreciative thanks from Thailand.

Mostly sunny here. Hence, my eyes will be healthier when looking at the time on black dial.

MiniMpi wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:18 pm I have tried to decide between the two colourways of this lovely watch.

Even though I was 90% decided, to help with my decision I contacted the ever helpful Declan, CW's Showroom Manager.

As always he was so so helpful and along with a long email reply he also was very kind in taking 21 photos of each colorway in various lighting conditions including outside the showroom !!

It fully endorsed my original choice and I can't wait to order it soon.

He also was very kind in allowing me to use his photos to show people the two colourways and help them decide also.

Enjoy the photos :)
Korn Saksakorn S.
Boycy070974

Post by Boycy070974 »

Black🥰
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Both look great, however it would be a white dial for me. Love the look and adds a different dial colour to my modest sized collection
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Firstly, Kudos to Declan. I had the last virtual tour booking yesterday afternoon and he quickly processed my payment, caught the postman and my watch was delivered at 7.30 this morning- less than 14 hours after we hung up the phone. The virtual tour and buying experience have been as good as any I've had in buying a CW.

The watch itself is fabulous- really nice design and finish. The contrast on the face is excellent and the black/ orange GMT hand is quite discrete, much more so than the black/orange GMT on my Anthropocene. There is a hesitation though, and I can't quite put my finger on it. That said, having taken time with it this evening, I'm increasingly keen on the watch.

The main thing for me is the size, but I don't understand why. I have 7in wrists and have been schooled in CW 42mm watches. Perhaps I'm just used to larger watches. I'd also go as far as to say that the C65 case is the ultimate design and size for me. Despite only 2mm difference the C65 and C63 wear differently. The flip side of the coin is that i have no issue at all with the size my 40mm Tissot, one of my favourites.

I attach a few photos with side by side placements for comparison. I'd be interested in your thoughts.....

20210508_190606.jpg
20210508_205401.jpg
20210508_190828.jpg
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

It's an absolute Goldilocks this one. That slim steel bezel makes it look larger on-wrist than the 40mm Tissot, to my eyes anyway.
You are not helping me with my conundrum: white or black or maybe Elite. 3 cracking good models from CW.
Enjoy!!
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm Firstly, Kudos to Declan. I had the last virtual tour booking yesterday afternoon and he quickly processed my payment, caught the postman and my watch was delivered at 7.30 this morning- less than 14 hours after we hung up the phone. The virtual tour and buying experience have been as good as any I've had in buying a CW.

The watch itself is fabulous- really nice design and finish. The contrast on the face is excellent and the black/ orange GMT hand is quite discrete, much more so than the black/orange GMT on my Anthropocene. There is a hesitation though, and I can't quite put my finger on it. That said, having taken time with it this evening, I'm increasingly keen on the watch.

The main thing for me is the size, but I don't understand why. I have 7in wrists and have been schooled in CW 42mm watches. Perhaps I'm just used to larger watches. I'd also go as far as to say that the C65 case is the ultimate design and size for me. Despite only 2mm difference the C65 and C63 wear differently. The flip side of the coin is that i have no issue at all with the size my 40mm Tissot, one of my favourites.

I attach a few photos with side by side placements for comparison. I'd be interested in your thoughts.....
Looks amazing to me mate :clap: 8)
Yes the size is my main concern also but looking at it next to the C65 there I feel it will be fine.
I hope you bond with it soon.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

MiniMpi wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:19 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm Firstly, Kudos to Declan. I had the last virtual tour booking yesterday afternoon and he quickly processed my payment, caught the postman and my watch was delivered at 7.30 this morning- less than 14 hours after we hung up the phone. The virtual tour and buying experience have been as good as any I've had in buying a CW.

Looks amazing to me mate :clap: 8)
Yes the size is my main concern also but looking at it next to the C65 there I feel it will be fine.
I hope you bond with it soon.
Thanks Ferg . It’ll be interesting to see what you think of the size when yours arrives
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

Noush wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:16 pm It's an absolute Goldilocks this one. That slim steel bezel makes it look larger on-wrist than the 40mm Tissot, to my eyes anyway.
You are not helping me with my conundrum: white or black or maybe Elite. 3 cracking good models from CW.
Enjoy!!
My first thought was regarding the bezels as well. Also not helping me as I'm tempted to add a white dial to the collection.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

I think it looks fantastic on you. I find whenever I get a watch that is at first either too large or too small looking, after a few days of wearing it the size seems to somehow "normalize." Afterward, when I put on a watch that is bigger or smaller, that watch looks larger or more dimunitive than what I previously remember. I know it's just my mind playing tricks, so I enjoy the variety of sizes in my collection. If anything, I somewhat prefer a slightly larger dial like the C63 (due to its thinner bezel) as my 50 something year old eyes keep getting worse near vision.
Best regards,
John