C63 Sealander Collection

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by CW257 »

I feel like it’s a trend thing. Almost the same with mobile phones. For a long while as the technology improved, it was a status symbol to have the smallest phone on the market. Then smartphones came along and all of a sudden the trend was reversed.

As a 6ft tall, quite broad shouldered guy but with shockingly slim wrists, I do appreciate the swing back towards sub-40mm watches. Also (and perhaps this is my own bias) I rarely see a watch on another guy’s wrist and think it looks too small for them, whereas in contrast I often see blokes sporting 44mm monsters which I think look far too big. I suppose it’s each to their own, and so long as brands cater across the board there should be something for everyone.
veseyan6

Post by veseyan6 »

Have been tracking CW watches for a while, not a great watch tecchie but would like something sporty / bracelet. I was considering the Omega Speedmaster 57 but in reality , at £7k I keep thinking why, which stops me going ahead, and I will never use the chronograph function, nor the tachymeter calculation. Son has the C65 Pro which in blue looks fab and gets comments. I am now considering the C63 Sealander Elite with bracelet as its my 30th wedding anniversary in June, I get watch, wife gets eternity ring. Ideally I would have liked to see a choice of colours and feel if i buy now, sure as eggs are eggs a range of colours will be launched soon after. So whats the general story with CW products? I have looked at TAG and was advised by a watch repair service technician to strongly consider Tissot as they have all Omega parts and developments etc. Question is, why CW?
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

exHowfener wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:43 pm Alfred Wainwright walked all over the Lake District in a suit and tie, wearing shoes, although as Borough Treasurer of Kendal he could, by then, be described as middle-class (and rather eccentric).
I love this image, particularly as a mountain enthusiast. I think we can all agree, times and tastes have changed. So many people wear tool watches now, they're probably the most popular genre of watch. Wearing and operating the bezel on a 36mm dive watch (when being worn for its intended purpose) would hardly be possible, much less legible in anything less than gin visibility. Now that I'm getting a little older and the beard has turned grey, the eyes aren't what they were, 41mm seems to be the sweet spot for me now.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
E_Pev63

Post by E_Pev63 »

Black automatic on one of my favorite rubber straps 👍

rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

That looks really good. Which strap? I just picked up the black on bracelet for my Dad's birthday coming up. I like the real world photo you just posted better than the website photos. Thanks!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

^^ wow - I know we keep saying this, but that looks miles better in real life than the website pics!
Congratulations - that looks really fine :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
E_Pev63

Post by E_Pev63 »

rkovars wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm That looks really good. Which strap? I just picked up the black on bracelet for my Dad's birthday coming up. I like the real world photo you just posted better than the website photos. Thanks!
Thanks! It’s the B&R Bands Aqua-vent strap linked below. High quality FKM rubber and extremely comfortable

The bracelet is awesome as well but decided to switch it up. I’m sure your dad will enjoy it!

https://www.bandrbands.com/black-aqua-v ... -band.aspx
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

E_Pev63 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:49 pm Black automatic on one of my favorite rubber straps 👍

That to me looks like a watch that just did it right! Simple, easy to read, hands and indicies are the perfect size, dial not cluttered up with writing or anything unnecessary. Nice pick up, and strap looks real good too! :thumbup:
iyr31

Post by iyr31 »

Just found this unboxing video of the GMT

https://youtu.be/8mS4ydGKLGA

And the clasp is shown, yas!
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

missF wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 pm ^^ wow - I know we keep saying this, but that looks miles better in real life than the website pics!
Congratulations - that looks really fine :thumbup:
Absolutely correct. That looks great and has got me thinking hard about getting one. I wasn’t sold on the website pics by put that looks great on the wrist. Many thanks...👍
PHIL
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

That to me looks like a watch that just did it right! Simple, easy to read, hands and indicies are the perfect size, dial not cluttered up with writing or anything unnecessary
There was a thread last year about model longevity, and the more I look at the C63 Auto I wonder - "could this be the one that stays in the range for a long time?". I appreciate that some would prefer a larger watch, so not the perfect size for everyone, though I'm sure that could be accommodated.

Then again, I'm rubbish at predictions so probably best to buy one while it's still available! :lol:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I’m getting close to screwing my sensible head on with this release. The white auto and GMT really stood out for me (and still do) but I’m not a big fan of GMTs generally (I’ll excuse my Anthropocene). I did consider buying a white Auto but I do also have my Anthropocene, so I really think I can’t accommodate both.

Thinking it through, my actual requirement is for a black faced watch and the black auto picture in this thread is very nice indeed. So, I think that the choice is now between the Black Auto or the Black Sapphire. Does anyone have both of these beauties?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A positive article on WatchPro from yesterday Christopher Ward perfects everyday automatic watch

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
E_Pev63

Post by E_Pev63 »

Here’s a picture from the other day in case some were wondering how the black automatic looked on the bracelet irl. Wrist is about 7in/17.8cm for reference

Father Goose
CW-watches: 0

Post by Father Goose »

Pulled the trigger on my first CW - the white GMT :D
Watchbox: Hamilton, Christopher Ward*, Seiko, Dan Henry
History: Jaeger-LeCoultre, Girard-Perregaux, Rolex, Omega, Tudor, NOMOS, Longines, Oris, Frederique Constant, Glycine, Tissot, Orient