C63 Sealander Collection

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by Tortoise »

I think it's already been suggested, but just wanted to lend my support to the idea of putting a subtle sunray dial into the C63 Auto like they have in the Super Compressor. I think it would be superb.
A small range of colours perhaps..?

The Deep Blue SC dial:
C65 SC Sunray Dial.jpg
cheers
Ian
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

MiniMpi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:32 pm A very good review of the kind of forgotten about Black Dial version of the C63 GMT.
It looks incredible in the photos in the article.

https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/04/chri ... r-gmt.html
Just read that review, Ferg. There are some stellar photos to accompany a very positive review. The more I look at this watch, the more I like it. I don't own a CW at all, even though I spend a lot of time drifting in and out of the forum. The C63 GMT has got me taking a serious look. Thanks for the link to the review.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ I agree, it’s stunning. I have no idea why people would get all twisty-knickered about the white one when you could have that.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Just reviewed the photos again, for the umpteenth time this morning. That polished chamfer that is on the outer edge of the fixed bezel, what a stunning touch that is. CW really is to be applauded on the light catcher case; and now their name is in the right place too, I see a big increase in sales volumes for this range. :clap:

Des
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:09 am ^^^ I agree, it’s stunning. I have no idea why people would get all twisty-knickered about the white one when you could have that.
I was 1 of those people until I read that review and saw the photos of the black dial version which I agree looks stunning and all the more so IMO for being on the black hybrid.

But I do still like the white GMT so there will be a delay in any ordering until I can sort out what I want to do plus I'd like to see if CW release a blue dial in the C63 range. If they do then TBH I'm hoping it would be a totally new blue shade not used previously in a CW range and a unique shade used only on the C63 range. Maybe a similar dark blue to that Rolex are using for their new OP and that it won't be the blue used in the SuperCompressor as that has looked a bit purple in some lighting situations in the photos I've seen or any blue used previously in the C60/C65 ranges, although the blue used in the C65 SH21 is attractive.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Some pictures of my white dial auto on various straps, some for me are just a no straight away, however Im really liking it on the khaki nato. Feels much better, as well as a bit smaller IMO on a strap rather than bracelet (if only CW had made the bracelet taper more, with a smaller clasp).

Looking forward to getting the black and orange tide strap when back in stock as looks like it will work great.
Attachments
143B7CE2-997E-416C-87B1-4585198F68A5.jpeg
692339F2-A617-46A3-96EE-1C9B3B9FF83E.jpeg
306C45D5-0296-4F89-B55E-2EF64D39B8A9.jpeg
D0DA6E3C-1660-4CCA-96F4-D35126F4E2A7.jpeg
99DB1251-23AB-4F23-B939-89DF5BF302E1.jpeg
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

I have owned the white Dial C60 MK3 for just over a year now and it is still one of my favourite watches. But when they released the new C63 auto in white it was an instant buy for me.

I've been looking for a watch like this (and in my price range) for ages, almost bought the Traska commuter in white, but it just didn't have that wow factor that the ward appears to have. Can't wait for it to arrive in a couple of days!

I also love the look of the GMT, and am seriously considering getting that in black. Does anyone know if the bracelet is interchangeable between the two (c63 auto and gmt)? It looks like they are, but wondered if anyone knows for sure?

I prefer my watches on a bracelet, but if they are interchangeable, I might as well get the GMT on rubber and save myself £100, as I can just switch the bracelet to whichever one I'm wearing - plus the rubber should look good on both too.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

^^ ^^
Wow...amazing photos, all of them. By far the best I've seen on the forum. You've managed to capture all of the great polishing on the case, as well as how raised the indices are. I wasn't that taken by this model, but you've made the case for it being a total strap monster. Can I ask what size your wrist is, my only concern with the C63's is the shorter L2L than I'm presently used to?

Des
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

Tortoise wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:41 am I think it's already been suggested, but just wanted to lend my support to the idea of putting a subtle sunray dial into the C63 Auto like they have in the Super Compressor. I think it would be superb.
A small range of colours perhaps..?

Second that! And maybe a green too? I wasnt sure if the red 5 minute markers and second-hand tip would look good with green but I'm pleased to say that it does....
Attachments
20210503_120929.jpg
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

strapline wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:54 am ^^ ^^
Wow...amazing photos, all of them. By far the best I've seen on the forum. You've managed to capture all of the great polishing on the case, as well as how raised the indices are. I wasn't that taken by this model, but you've made the case for it being a total strap monster. Can I ask what size your wrist is, my only concern with the C63's is the shorter L2L than I'm presently used to?

Des
Hiya, thanks very much, my wrist size is between 6.25” and 6.33”. It’s a great watch, it does wear for me a little smaller on a strap imo, however assume that’s due to the extending first link on CW’s bracelet as that pushes it to just over 50mm lug to lug. You can’t go wrong though with either strap or bracelet though
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

AlphaLimaGolf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:12 am I almost bought the Traska commuter in white, but it just didn't have that wow factor that the ward appears to have.
Welcome to the forum! I too was interested in the Traska commuter, but I'm really glad I waited.
Sorry I can\t help with your bracelet quesstion, but someone will be along who can tell you for definite.
I hope you enjoy yours when it arrives as much as I'm enjoying mine! :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

AlphaLimaGolf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:12 am
Does anyone know if the bracelet is interchangeable between the two (c63 auto and gmt)? It looks like they are, but wondered if anyone knows for sure?

I prefer my watches on a bracelet, but if they are interchangeable, I might as well get the GMT on rubber and save myself £100, as I can just switch the bracelet to whichever one I'm wearing - plus the rubber should look good on both too.
The C63 bracelet is interchangeable between the C63 Auto and GMT. See here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

missF wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm Welcome to the forum!
Thanks! :D
missF wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm I too was interested in the Traska commuter, but I'm really glad I waited.
Me too, with the import duty to the UK, plus £100 off the Ward, the price difference is about the same too. The CW looks twice the watch for the money.
missF wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm Sorry I can\t help with your bracelet quesstion, but someone will be along who can tell you for definite.
No worries, I have sent CW a message to ask them. Will update here once I hear back, unless someone beats me to it.
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

Kip wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm The C63 bracelet is interchangeable between the C63 Auto and GMT. See here.
Ah, great news. Thanks Kip.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:42 am But I do still like the white GMT so there will be a delay in any ordering until I can sort out what I want to do plus I'd like to see if CW release a blue dial in the C63 range.
I see that entirely. I've known people before ordering on launch, only to find out that more attractive (in their opinion) colour options were available within a few months. I'm a fan of blue dials myself and would be interested to know what a blue Elite might look like.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)