Sealander Name at 12

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Sealander Name at 12

Post by StrappedUp »

JAFO wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm Just one of those things. The house style is still 9 o'clock I imagine. [-X
I'm not so sure. There was no reason the auto and GMT models couldn't have followed the C60/C65 range and kept to logo @ 9, date @ 3.

I think they're listening you know!
Ryan
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 pm Brynge backe ye most worthy CHR. WARD, say I!
Aye, that wer reet posh that wer!!!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm
JAFO wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm Just one of those things. The house style is still 9 o'clock I imagine. [-X
I'm not so sure. There was no reason the auto and GMT models couldn't have followed the C60/C65 range and kept to logo @ 9, date @ 3.

Yes, I know. I'm sure they noticed so many comments on WUS as well. And yet the C65 which is the April photo of the month, and coincidentally on my own wrist just now is surely no worse for the offset name. It's been one of my favourite watches since I got it. I love winding it up every time I put it on.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Brynge backe ye most worthy CHR. WARD, say I!
Just ... No!
Now let's see if all those moaners about the 9 o'clock positioning actually buy one ...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 pm
Now let's see if all those moaners about the 9 o'clock positioning actually buy one ...
This x1000. Though it’s unlikely, as it seems like there’s always something to complain about.

FWIW I like the 12 o’clock position, and had no issue with 9 o’clock. It makes the watch look a tad more generic than the 9 o’clock position, but does have a bit better symmetry and balance I guess.

A sealander will definitely make its way into my collection, hopefully soon!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 pm
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Brynge backe ye most worthy CHR. WARD, say I!
Just ... No!
So anybody that stated they didn't like the 9o'clock logo are "moaners". Silly me, I thought that personal opinions were being stated.
It's also apparent from other Sealander threads that some people won't buy any of the models for design reasons other than where the name is located so not sure why the "moaners" are expected now to buy one.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I own 10 CW's now and have a mix of both. I've never "moaned" at the 9 o'clock position but personally my preference is at 12 or better still just have the debossed English/Swiss logo at 12. Again just my own preference
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Good points. I am not ever so keen on the black/orange hand, and would prefer a completely orange one, but that detail would not prevent a purchase on its own. The same with a fixed bezel as opposed to a rotating one. It's just part and parcel of the package. I've bought watches without a display back, although it's always with, for preference. I wouldn't pay Rolex money for a watch without a display back though.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just looking at my C65 GMT which has been my daily wear for the last couple of days Jafo. This is the same with orange and then turning to black. I dont mind it to be fair and trying to imagine it all orange. I think my personal prefecence is that I like the way this one is currently designed.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just to add it works on the c65 as the black face hides the blackm n the hand so looks like there's just the orange arrrow shape but on the new c63 with white face I would have thought they would do the same and do it white to match the face
graemeharrison

Post by graemeharrison »

I still prefer the text at 9 with the logo at 12. I know that it's different to other brands, but I kind of like that. I also like the logo aligned left rather than centred
These users thanked the author graemeharrison for the post:
Jkpa
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

So anybody that stated they didn't like the 9o'clock logo are "moaners"

If anyone has genuinely not bought a CW solely because of the positioning, the I respect their decision, and opinion. It's their money and they can spend it (or not) how they like. There are however a lot of people, on YouTube for example, making comments along the lines of "the logo kills it for me" and it's my view that many of these were never prospective purchasers anyway.
Silly me, I thought that personal opinions were being stated.
Exactly. That's MY personal opinion!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

jtc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:03 pm Now they just need to replace text with the motif...
Correct!
PHIL
icet512

Post by icet512 »

Personally, I’m a fan of the 12. The 9 was a miss for me. Symmetry is important to me, it adds to the watch feeling solid on my wrist and well thought out. I always thought the 9 was different just for the sake of being different and it always drew my eye off center.
There is no best or wrong, unless of course you disagree with me. Than , of course, I know best and you’re wrong ;)
I will put my money where my opinion is , however, and buy one. It will be my 4th CW but my first in 5 years. Nice to be reengaged in the brand that started it for me. And nice to be back on the forum.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

icet512 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:27 am And nice to be back on the forum.
I suppose one ought to say welcome. But perhaps welcome back will have to do. As a member of eight years standing, you certainly took your time to make a first post! Well done: don’t leave it so long next time. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)