Speculation on C60 Mk4 release

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Speculation on C60 Mk4 release

Post by timor54 »

Surely the mooted Sealander is the next evolution of the C60; albeit sans bezel?
Tim
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I think we might see a mid-model refresh at some point with some light changes and new colors. I certainly wouldn’t mind it! Maybe it’ll come this year along with the teased Aero and Sealander variations?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Good discussion but far too early for a mk4. They should continue to capitalise on the success of the mk3 and investment that went into its case design etc. I agree with the evolution of the mk3 with some variants/new models as discussed above.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Rice & Gravy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:19 am My guesses are these: applied/visible flags logo at 12 o'clock, half links for the bracelet and screws instead of pins. And a new colorway or two.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Would be great if they did upgrade the bracelet and make it compatible so we can get one for our existing mk3s
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
OliviaParcker

Post by OliviaParcker »

The big names that CW wants to be aren't constantly releasing brand new cases. I would like the bracelet to be upgraded to fit. I think the bevel on the outside of the polished links like the Monta will go a long way in giving it a more upscale look and also in harmony with the case design. How do you see him?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

OliviaParcker wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:10 pm The big names that CW wants to be aren't constantly releasing brand new cases. I would like the bracelet to be upgraded to fit. I think the bevel on the outside of the polished links like the Monta will go a long way in giving it a more upscale look and also in harmony with the case design. How do you see him?
I’m not sure that CW are “constantly” releasing different cases anymore than the “big” brands or even that they want to be totally like these brands.

Granted during the first years of CW there were a number of different cases although even then many of them were alike being straight sided probably for ease of design for a young watch company.

Some years ago (about 6years?) CW made the decision to reduce the number of styles of their cases for economic reasons and release new cases built around 1 basic design – the lightcatcher.

Obviously this base design has to be slightly changed for different watches – the C60 is different to the C65, the SC is different because it has to support compressor technology, the Chronographs are thicker - but then so are the cases of, for example, Omega watches across their range.

If you look at the CW web-site there is a brief write up under the heading “Light fantastic” that explains the journey to the present case.
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

The Mk4 will see a return to the 12 O'clock logo. Guaranteed.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Just keep telling yourself that ...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

exHowfener wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 pm
Just keep telling yourself that ...
I also believe that. Them moving the logos on "certain" models to 12 is just covering themselves for when it goes fully back and they "admit" they made a mistake. I expect the Twin Flags to be on top of the name like every other company out there. They could even use the excuse of Christopher Ward himself leaving as the reason for a fresh-up. I think they're slowly progressing to it as Mike France takes the company in a higher direction. The majority of the people like the center logo better.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Some bold statements above re. the logo returning solely to 12o'clock.

Even as 1 of the most ardent supporters of it returning to 12 and being centre justified, I wouldn't bet even a small amount of money that this will happen for all the future CW releases.
Those watches that have it at 12 in general require it to be there as the 9o'clock position is taken with sub-dials or similar.
It wouldn't be a freshen-up using Chris Ward's departure as an excuse - that would have to be a total re-brand.
Nor have I seen any evidence to confirm nor deny that "The majority of the people like the center logo better" and IIRC CW believe that it has increased sales of their watches as younger people like the font, left justification and 9o'clock positioning.

Let's move on to speculating about designs, new models and colours - even I'm fed up discussing the logo.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Good to see some logic and critical thinking applied to the logo conversation ^^^
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
OliviaParcker

Post by OliviaParcker »

Even as one of the most ardent supporters of this 12 return and justifiable focus, I wouldn't bet even a small amount of money that this will happen for all future CW releases. There is no evidence that a larger audience likes this particular logo, I don't even know what to talk about here.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:48 pmNor have I seen any evidence to confirm nor deny that "The majority of the people like the center logo better" and IIRC CW believe that it has increased sales of their watches as younger people like the font, left justification and 9o'clock positioning.
Perhaps the increased sales could be more related to better quality, word of mouth, and stronger advertising? Myself, I've got one non-chrono with the new logo and it's definitely a keeper but I can't say I love the logo. It just is what it is. Whenever I look at any social media involving CW the branding discussion is always there, but it seems much less harsh when it's centered. Random Rob, a popular YouTube reviewer, also believes a change will come. I guess we'll just see because with the company growing it's now or never.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Well as any scientist or statistician will tell you correlation is not causation. :)
C1F2E5C0-B9AA-45E2-B62D-8D4C6C7FB4D0.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Well, I heard mention of a nod to "heritage" so I'm thinking suncatcher case, mk 1 dial and handset. Auto movement, you know I'd even like a hand-wind movement.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands