New Arrival - The difference a bezel makes

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: New Arrival - The difference a bezel makes

Post by Thegreyman »

A nice choice for a birthday watch Stephen. The C65 is a versatile watch that can look equally at home on most wrist sizes. The red does give a nice splash of colour. I always found it quite difficult to match straps to red dialled/bezelled watches in the past, the bracelet is a safe option if in doubt.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Thanks, its on the bracelet still as I've not yet found a better look. Tried the camel and browns and they don't have quite the right impact though the camel suede does suit it. At least with the QR bracelet its easy to experiment. 👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

JAFO wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:22 pm CW do the black and red hybrid strap that might work well with that.

https://www.christopherward.com/straps/ ... DC-ST.html
I did consider a hybrid but found the CW wasn't to my taste at all when I received the C7 Rosso on it. I think it was the shade of red for me but appreciate its a personal taste thing and others seem to really like it.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm Thanks, its on the bracelet still as I've not yet found a better look. Tried the camel and browns and they don't have quite the right impact though the camel suede does suit it. At least with the QR bracelet its easy to experiment. 👍
When I was thinking of buying this version, the bracelet was the number one choice but the Black vintage oak strap looks amazing on it also.
The 'poor cousin' of the camel as it is forgotten about a lot but is an epic strap.
I think it works so well with the Red bezel version.
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

I purchased the black bezel version just before the red went on sale. I would certainly have gone for the red if it had been available. The Watchgecko black sailcloth strap with silver stitching works very well with mine. I would advise anyone with the red bezel version to check out the black sailcloth strap with red stitching.
Gordon
SammyD

Post by SammyD »

Sailcloth for comparison
sail.jpg
Cheers,

Sam

C60 (300, Atoll, Graphite), C63 GMT, C65 SC, C65 manual; C7 Rapide
Doogie
CW-watches: 2

Post by Doogie »

That matt black dial helps the red stand out! This model is on my wish list . . .
Rob

2012 C70 DBR1 COSC (184/300)
2015 C11MSL Mk1 Automatic
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

That looks a lot better than the stock photos show. I actually think the vintage lume works real well with the lighter red bezel. It looks best on the bracelet IMO. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.