Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: CW Survey

Post by Mikkei4 »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:52 pm
JAFO wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:40 pm Just to be clear, it wasn't a specific question about the logo. It was a question to do aspects of CW watches, rated 1 to 5, or something like that, one of which was logo if anyone else completes this, perhaps they could note the question.
I recall that question. It was buried among a bunch of other questions, but it was there. Just something simple like are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the logo.
I've completed the survey and I don't remember a "logo" question as described above, certainly not a satisfied/dis-satisfied option as I would have torn into that.
The only 1 that I remember was 1 that asked "how important" a number of factors were when considering (or maybe) buying a watch, 1 of them being "how important is the logo" and this was not specific to CW watches or the CW logo IIRC. The wording of the question was fairly meaningless as it was phrased poorly and too open for personal interpretation.

Either I didn't pay too much attention when completing it or the survey changed the next question(s) depending upon the answers to the previous question(s).
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

And why precisely do you think they are asking that question? Could it perhaps be because they are indeed acutely aware that the choice of font and particularly placement has divided opinion? Could it be that they want to gauge customer opinion in a wider context than a few people on the forum?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I’ve just completed survey.

The question about the logo was part of a section covering “How important is each of these features”, listing aspects of the watch design & features as well as the buying experience & after-sales.

I didn’t read into it anything particularly pointed about the logo itself, and where the logo has come up in the past couple of years, I don’t recall inferring that the company nor the management team recognise the divided reactions to the wordmark. On the contrary, comments by Mike F suggest they attribute much of the sales boom of the last 2 years to the wordmark, rather than the introduction of the crowd-pleasing C60 Mk3 & C65 ranges.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Templeton

Post by Templeton »

I am on the Christopher Ward mailing list, and I get marketing emails from them, but I have not received the survey email. Is this because I do not actually own any CW watches?
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I am supposed to be on the mailing list and have recent purchases but no email for me so I must have been deselected for feedback. :?
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

I swear it sounds like they sent out differently versions of the survey. I don't remember any questions on the logo at all. Lots of questions on the website, ease of ordering, smart watches...

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

In the past I have not been selected for surveys even though I receive most (if not all) emails. Hypothesize it selects folks via a random email pattern for surveys
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

MichaelMD wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm I swear it sounds like they sent out differently versions of the survey. I don't remember any questions on the logo at all. Lots of questions on the website, ease of ordering, smart watches...

Surely if there were differing versions of the survey the overall usefulness of the responses would be negligible?
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I would have thought that people could only be "selected for surveys" if the organisation concerned already has reasonably detailed demographic information about the people concerned. That's why, when you are asked to participate in a proper survey (e.g. MORI), they ask you all those questions first - to ensure a representative sample.
Otherwise, it's just a 'finger in the wind', and hard to come to valid conclusions. You aren't getting a representative sample, just a random sample of existing customers who have the time and inclination to respond. One thing you learn from doing any kind of survey work is that people who respond to surveys aren't typically representative!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:19 pm
MichaelMD wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm I swear it sounds like they sent out differently versions of the survey. I don't remember any questions on the logo at all. Lots of questions on the website, ease of ordering, smart watches...

Surely if there were differing versions of the survey the overall usefulness of the responses would be negligible?
Much more likely that the question was there for all, but some people simply don’t recall because they were speeding through it or it was buried among dozens of others or that it wasn’t a detailed question.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I swear it sounds like they sent out differently versions of the survey.
It's really not that difficult when constructing a survey to have different questions pop up depending om the response given e.g. "have you bought product x?" if yes, then you get some questions on the buying process etc., if no, the you get a different set of questions. so it can seem that different people get different surveys, but actually they, don't.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Doogie
CW-watches: 2

Post by Doogie »

Survey completed, fingers crossed for the £500!
Rob

2012 C70 DBR1 COSC (184/300)
2015 C11MSL Mk1 Automatic