Coronavirus Vaccine.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by Robotaz »

Five days later I just feel old and rickety after the shot. A cross between mild flu and a body hangover.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks guys ;)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Really pleased for your Dad and for you Ferg - great news and a great relief no doubt :thumbup:

Just as an update on my part...
My symptoms lasted 48 hours and then I was absolutely fine.
However,...
As your body/immune system is so busy fighting the vaccine, any underlying medical condition is vulnerable and thus can flare up - this is probably where the side effect data comes from in certain cases (albeit this is pure speculation on my part).
For me personally, I had a gout attack in my foot - haven't had one of those for years.
Extremely painful but managed it with paracetamol and apple cider vinegar tablets (2 x tablets of each every 4 hours) and 3 days later and all sorted - much to my relief.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

StrapMeister wrote:Really pleased for your Dad and for you Ferg - great news and a great relief no doubt :thumbup:

Just as an update on my part...
My symptoms lasted 48 hours and then I was absolutely fine.
However,...
As your body/immune system is so busy fighting the vaccine, any underlying medical condition is vulnerable and thus can flare up - this is probably where the side effect data comes from in certain cases (albeit this is pure speculation on my part).
For me personally, I had a gout attack in my foot - haven't had one of those for years.
Extremely painful but managed it with paracetamol and apple cider vinegar tablets (2 x tablets of each every 4 hours) and 3 days later and all sorted - much to my relief.
Yuck. I’ve heard gout is not fun.

My immune system is definitely on the move after the first shot. I was surprised to notice anything.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Today my allergies kicked in. It’s entirely possible the body aches and rickety feeling started the same day as my shot, but was actually my allergies coming on. I hope.
Templeton

Post by Templeton »

I just can't get into the mindset of people who don't want the vaccine, especially if they are in a higher risk group, and their decision is based on misinformation. There is so much evidence now on how safe and effective the vaccines are, compared to conspiracy theories (5G/microchips/blood clots) from random people on the Internet.

I saw this question on the BBC news website:
Why is it that of all the vaccines in use against Covid, the Oxford-AstroZeneca is the only one to suffer the adverse blood clot problem.
There is a basic assumption in this question what the A-Z vaccine caused the blood clots, whereas the overwhelming evidence is that there is no causal link, just a correlation, as explained in the posted answer:
A small number of people out of millions who received the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine have had a blood clot. That does not mean the vaccine caused the event.

Experts will be analysing data for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines too to see how many health events, such as blood clots, have occurred.

There is continuous safety monitoring of any drug, vaccine or other treatment in use. Experts look out for any serious events as well as mild side effects. Many millions of people have already received a first dose of Covid vaccine. All of the data so far suggests they are safe and common side effects are mild, such as some soreness where the injection was given.

When very large numbers of people are being vaccinated, some of them will still get sick with other things unrelated to the vaccine.
I think Oxford-AstraZeneca have been more open with their data, and have published early, which is why it seems that their vaccine is the only one with reported correlations to blood clots etc; if we could see the same data for the other vaccines, I am sure it would show similar correlated events.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Templeton wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:01 pm I just can't get into the mindset of people who don't want the vaccine,
My friend sent me some anti-virus aromatherapy oil, which coincidentally arrived the day I had my first jag! :lol:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Templeton

Post by Templeton »

missF wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:04 pm
Templeton wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:01 pm I just can't get into the mindset of people who don't want the vaccine,
My friend sent me some anti-virus aromatherapy oil, which coincidentally arrived the day I had my first jag! :lol:
I am not sure you should be running your jag on aromatherapy oil.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

:lol: :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Just got my first shot at a grocery store pharmacy in Virginia. 2nd shot should be on 4/20. Felt a tad woozy after getting it but feel pretty much fine now.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

All things covid

Post by Deks »

Pfziser Jab No 1 on 26.2.21
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Re: The covid jab thread

Post by Deks »

I got a text message today for my second jab which I have booked for next Saturday which is 9 weeks after the first jab.

I just hope its not a waste of time due to the new variants that could make this one minimally effective
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: All things covid

Post by jtc »

Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Mrs O had her second jag last Tuesday and my second one is on the 6th May. She did not react well to her first one but the second was a breeze. Reopening the hotel on Monday so it’s all good.
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

First jab this past Thursday. Pfizer. Slight soreness in arm for a day, but nothing else. Second one coming up early May!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925