Pimping up my Tudor !

A place to discuss other watch-brands
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Pimping up my Tudor !

Post by footycrazy »

Cut a circle of 1mm/1.5mm leather/suede backed and double sided tape on case back.

:thumbup:
Graham
C2fle
C65 Chronograph
C65 Super Compressor
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 3

Post by magicman »

^ I want to avoid that route, as I like the slim profile on the wrist.
I've also ordered this to see if 1mm on the clasp will do the trick. Handy for steadying hanging pictures too.
Screenshot_20210321-225703.png
The temporary solution I've got on there now, is actually doing a very good job.

I've seen elsewhere, people getting extra holes drilled in the clasp and rivets filed down, a bit drastic I feel, but as this is a definite keeper, I'll probably keep looking for a permanent fix, like a 3rd party half link or sprung adaptor thingy.

Regards Steve
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Just a quick update, the foot pad arrived, it's a lovely squishy silicone pad, consistency like raw jelly.
So after cutting off a small pad, and fitting it to the clasp, the comfort and fit is perfect.
The only downside is the adhesive is not great, so it's already becoming unattached.

But a big thumbs up, for the actual material.

Regards Steve
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

BB58 (Black Bay 58) Retrofitted with a Rolex EasyLink - https://axelbrass.com/bb58-black-bay-58 ... -easylink/
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I've had similar issues and have the additional problem of swelling/contracting wrists in the Florida climate that makes getting the right bracelet fit almost impossible.

A possible solution is to fit a different clasp that offers more micro-adjustment options. Strapcode produces quite a few that might work.

https://www.strapcode.com/collections/divers-clasp

Strapcode also produces a ratcheting clasp. I fitted one to the bracelet on my Newmark 71 and it saved the day. While my major criticism is that the finishing could be quite a bit better - there are sharp corners that I had to have rounded off - you do get 12mm of continuous on-the-go adjustment.

https://www.strapcode.com/products/parts-nt-clasp-017b

I've come to realize that I prefer rubber or silicone straps, particularly the Hirsch Pure line - sturdy but comfortable straps that look great on dive watches.
WatchChat on Facebook - The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

PXL_20210322_190940256~2.jpg
I received the silicone tape today, so added a strip to each side of the bracelet. See photo.

It's worked a treat, so I think it's a decent solution.

I don't really want to remove the original bracelet or clasp, so I suppose, I'll just have to hope a half link is produced or a retrofit link with a spring slider gizmo.

Regards Steve
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 2

Post by missF »

Well done for pimping your tudor, rather than having it languish in your watch box. Good job! :thumbup:
'The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once'........Albert Einstein
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by StrapMeister »

Well done Xzibit Steve :thumbup:
Seems like a reasonable solution but will be interested to see how durable/long it lasts.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched ON as a beacon of hope for Deks!
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 pm Well done Xzibit Steve :thumbup:
Seems like a reasonable solution but will be interested to see how durable/long it lasts.
Update, to say the tape is still in place, and seems to be holding firm.

Regards Steve
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

magicman wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 pm Well done Xzibit Steve :thumbup:
Update, to say the tape is still in place, and seems to be holding firm.

Regards Steve
Just an update, 2 months later the tape is still in place, and not worn or worked loose.

Regards Steve