Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: QC issue with Worldglow - opinions requested

Post by StrapMeister »

Great result and I bet it's nice to have it back :thumbup:

One thing I would say is, in order to manage other peoples expectations, this was a relatively minor problem that, in fairness, was able to be fixed in-house in Maidenhead in a relatively short space of time (a day 3/7/21).
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

RichM wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:59 pm That's a great outcome.

I've a problem with a C65 SH21 and been told by customer services to wait until UK lockdown ends next month. That is stated on the website too at least.

Did you manage to get fix done despite this or was it between lockdowns?

I hope I get the same level of customer service you've had once it's with them.

Enjoy your watch.
Hi Rich. Not sure on lockdowns, but this was a brand new watch only a few weeks old. It came to me brand new with the dust/debris inside the crystal. This was a simple fix on their part of just opening the watch and cleaning out the dirt. So given all that I was able to avoid the extended wait times that other more significant repairs might be taking. So I think it really depends on what the issue is with you C65 and how extensive the repairs are.
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Thanks for the comments guys. Definitely nice to have it back

As an aside, it passed the "movie theater test" yesterday. The glow held up for 2 hours and I was still able to read the time at the end of the movie. Good sign!
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

MichaelMD wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 pm
RichM wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:59 pm That's a great outcome.

I've a problem with a C65 SH21 and been told by customer services to wait until UK lockdown ends next month. That is stated on the website too at least.

Did you manage to get fix done despite this or was it between lockdowns?

I hope I get the same level of customer service you've had once it's with them.

Enjoy your watch.
Hi Rich. Not sure on lockdowns, but this was a brand new watch only a few weeks old. It came to me brand new with the dust/debris inside the crystal. This was a simple fix on their part of just opening the watch and cleaning out the dirt. So given all that I was able to avoid the extended wait times that other more significant repairs might be taking. So I think it really depends on what the issue is with you C65 and how extensive the repairs are.
Thanks. My 4 month old C65 with the in house movement suddenly stopped working the other night. The website, and separate response from customer services, say they're are not accepting repairs or servicing so you did well to get yours in. Indeed presumably mine is a more complicated fix.

It's not a big deal just frustrating that it's stopped working after 4 months. I do at least have other watches to wear in the meantime.

I'm glad yours is back and glowing with health.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Now that's it's back and all has been resolved I can attempt to crack wise and say it looks like a prototype 1 of 1 showing the location of the lost city of Atlantis...
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300