Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: New limited edition releases

Post by Gripper »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:40 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote:Have they sold out or what they tactically removed to avoid the discount code?
Most likely sold out, as the T&Cs for the current 15% off excluded 'Special Editions' i.e. the C65 AM VEVs.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
C65 AM 1 VEV showing back in stock on bracelet & strap. Just bagged one on the bracelet using £100 off 100LOUPE20 code :thumbup:
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

These LEs are great looking watches and I’m glad for the company that they’ve generated so much interest, and sales.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I bought the AM1 VEV last week. Its a beautiful watch. I've been checking its accuracy and it hasn't deviated at all yet. Unbelievable accuracy.
bonecrusher
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by bonecrusher »

1 VEV back on website, looks like available on both strap and bracelet.
James

CW Trident mk3
CW AMGT 2VEV
Sinn 103 a sa b
Too many Seikos
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I haven't taken the AM1 off my wrist since I bought it. I even forgot and had a bath with it on its so comfy altho the tan strap is not happy with me!. I love the SS bezel on this version goes wonderfully with tan and vintage black. Makes the watch so different :-). Its so sad they won't be doing quartz movement again.......until the next offerings lol!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We still need photos of the C65 AM 1 VEV and C65 AM 2 VEV Special Editions in the Reference Gallery.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Kip wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 pm We still need photos of the C65 AM 1 VEV and C65 AM 2 VEV Special Editions in the Reference Gallery.
I put a couple of my C65 AM 2 VEV in there a few days ago, as a start :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Saw that. Thank you. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gfwatch24

Post by gfwatch24 »

I just received my C65 AM 1 VEV and I am confused as to which movement this watch has. I've seen it advertised as having a thermo-compensated ETA 251.274 and could've sworn that's what was advertised on the website. The website now lists a thermo-compensated ETA 251.272, which to my knowledge doesn't exist. The specs listed in the owners manual also show an ETA 251.272. All in all I'm impressed with the watch, especially that it's a chronograph in a 41mm case. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy? I know in all reality this won't make a difference in day to day, but one of the selling points for me was that it had a HAQ movement.

Thanks
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Not certain as to why the listing was changed on the website. I must investigate.

To my knowledge the ETA 251.722 has been discontinued and was replaced by the ETA 251.274. My information was that the 251.272 was initially to be used but they would be switching to the 251.274 to complete the run.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

gfwatch24 wrote:I just received my C65 AM 1 VEV and I am confused as to which movement this watch has. I've seen it advertised as having a thermo-compensated ETA 251.274 and could've sworn that's what was advertised on the website. The website now lists a thermo-compensated ETA 251.272, which to my knowledge doesn't exist. The specs listed in the owners manual also show an ETA 251.272. All in all I'm impressed with the watch, especially that it's a chronograph in a 41mm case. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy? I know in all reality this won't make a difference in day to day, but one of the selling points for me was that it had a HAQ movement.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. Is this your first CW watch?

As to the movement in the C65 AM 1 VEV you're correct in thinking you saw it listed with an ETA 251.274 as that is the original information stated upon which I wrote the following post #19 in this thread.

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:They are using different movements, although both are thermo compensated.

The 27-jewel ETA 251.233/1 in the black bezel 2VEV boasts a tolerance of just -15/+15 seconds per year, with 12 hour chrono whereas . . . .
. . .the ETA’s 251.274 in the steel bezel 1 VEV is a 22-jewel, 30mm movement boasting a tolerance of just -10/+10 seconds per year, with (by the look of it) a 30 minutes chrono and a 'Time-Zone Mechanism' (Independent hour hand).

Also the ETA 251.274 CF calibre is a 13¼’’’ multi-function chronograph movement displaying hours, minutes, seconds, date and incorporating PowerDrive and PreciDrive technologies.

The ETA 251.233/1 does not come up on a search on ETA's website. Retired movement perhaps?

The earlier C65 AM GT, gets an ETA 251.264 COSC rated (as we know).

Although the movements in the 1VEV and 2VEV are not, it would appear, COSC certified they are nevertheless PowerDrive and PreciDrive, so ultra accurate (even though not tested as such).

Yes; I will agree there are some muddy waters on the earlier qualification of the C65 AM GT being 'the last quartz watch'.

However, I will ask if there are enough similarities between the GT, 1VEV & 2VEV for them all to be considered part of the C65 AM . . . family; being the last CW Quartz watches.

Guy
Where the ETA 251.272 details have come from I don't know.

Investigation is required.

Guy

PS> Kip has put a succinct response in whilst I was tapping out mine.

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
gfwatch24

Post by gfwatch24 »

Thanks for the quick replies. This is my first CW watch, I've looked at them for years and figured this would be a good watch to check out what the overall quality was like. I'd like to get to the bottom of the movement issue and really find out what's going on with the discrepancies before I commit to keeping it.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

^ Keep it.

Apparently CW had some of both movements (251.272 and 251.274) remaining. Not sure how many of each but the website did a running change so the manuals may not agree exactly. I suspect that the ETA 251.274 were used up in the first batch and then the change for the rest.

In terms of dimension, function and operation they are the same. Only the reset of the counters differ slightly.

This is much the same as CW used to treat the ETA 2824 and Sellita SW200. We will make appropriate changes to the CWArchives to clarify.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

gfwatch24

Post by gfwatch24 »

Thanks for getting the info. It's a bit disappointing because these two movements have drastically different accuracy specs. The 251.272 is not a bad movement at all, but it really isn't anything special in the accuracy department. I find it odd that they still refer to it as being thermo compensated when it's not. I was hoping it was just an error on the webpage or manual.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Kip wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:32 am

In terms of dimension, function and operation they are the same. Only the reset of the counters differ slightly.
In what way, and can you tell by the reset which movement you have?

I have the 1 VEV, and reading these recent comments it would suggest the 251.274 is the superior one.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain