New limited edition releases

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: New limited edition releases

Post by stefs »

It seems ironic that this 2 VEV which represents cw waving cheerio to quartz must have been one of their quickest sold out special editions they have ever had!
I get why... I bought one and there is a lot to like.
Cheers now, Paul
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

stefs wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:07 pm It seems ironic that this 2 VEV which represents cw waving cheerio to quartz must have been one of their quickest sold out special editions they have ever had!
I get why... I bought one and there is a lot to like.
I think the whole C65 AM series, to include the GT and the VEV models, is all upside with no downside. If they’re going to end quartz production, this is the way to do it!

(I just wish my AM GT LE was the actual last quartz watch, as they initially advertised.)
Drew
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

Mine OOTB

I wish it came in PVD flavor... Love that entire line but 42 is too big for my puny wrists. Also got 100/150 so not a bad number... 8)
Attachments
20210311_172615.jpg
bonecrusher
Senior
Senior

Post by bonecrusher »

I can't see either version on the website now
James

CW Trident mk3
CW AMGT 2VEV
Sinn 103 a sa b
Too many Seikos
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

bonecrusher wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:36 pm I can't see either version on the website now
few - temptation has been removed.... for now at least...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

bonecrusher wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:36 pm I can't see either version on the website now
Crikey, just over a week to sell out then ?
I wonder if this shows that perhaps it's too soon to scrap quartz - or (more likely) the fact that they were limited edition and supposedly the last quartz models (again..) to ever be released, made people jump on these.
Either way, it's good going for CW.
And either way again, I love mine and so glad I got one :thumbup:
Neil
bonecrusher
Senior
Senior

Post by bonecrusher »

nburgess wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:47 pm
I wonder if this shows that perhaps it's too soon to scrap quartz - or (more likely) the fact that they were limited edition and supposedly the last quartz models (again..) to ever be released, made people jump on these.
I wonder if any were picked up by the usual suspects who buy up the sales and try to turn a few £££ on ebay over the following weeks?
James

CW Trident mk3
CW AMGT 2VEV
Sinn 103 a sa b
Too many Seikos
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

nburgess wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Or alternatively, they sold out quickly because of the design and look of them. The dial and case really made for a beautiful watch - motorsport inspired without being over the top.

I wonder if the speed with which they sold out might lead to new C7s based around this design (or something similar) and a mechanical movement?
Drew
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:40 am (I just wish my AM GT LE was the actual last quartz watch, as they initially advertised.)
The previous one was advertised as 'one of the last quartz' and so was this one. There may be more 'one of the last' in the future.

Most of the quartz CW watches in the past were also lesser versions of the originals. For the C60, it was 300m vs 600m and aluminum vs ceramic bezel. Put a HAQ movement in the current C60 Mk3 and I would be very interested. Love my C60 Mk2 quartz.

There is probably a higher profit margin on automatic models, simply because people want to pay more for them so they are more expensive. Why sell 10 quartz watches when you can make the same money with 1 automatic?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I have to echo some of the above comments about the design of 1 VEV and 2 VEV. They are the nicest motorsport range designs to have come from CW. I've never been a fan of the motorsport range even though I do like motorsport. I generally find the links to specific cars and races to be tenuous at best. This goes for other brands as well as CW. It's a pity that this sort of design didn't come along earlier as the range might have survived longer. I also think that these might look good with a Valjoux inside them although the case and cost would be much higher too.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

albionphoto wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:34 pm I have to echo some of the above comments about the design of 1 VEV and 2 VEV. They are the nicest motorsport range designs to have come from CW. I've never been a fan of the motorsport range even though I do like motorsport. I generally find the links to specific cars and races to be tenuous at best. This goes for other brands as well as CW. It's a pity that this sort of design didn't come along earlier as the range might have survived longer. I also think that these might look good with a Valjoux inside them although the case and cost would be much higher too.
That is exactly how I feel. I bought the 2VEV cuz it looked nice for a quartz and motorsports themed watch, neither of which is my usual cup of tea. :lol:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I like the splash of colour and the handset, but they’re not a million miles from this:
15967773-D025-4DD5-8092-4BCE16A06F12.jpeg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Have they sold out or what they tactically removed to avoid the discount code?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Kansas City Milkman wrote:Have they sold out or what they tactically removed to avoid the discount code?
Most likely sold out, as the T&Cs for the current 15% off excluded 'Special Editions' i.e. the C65 AM VEVs.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

^fair point!