Coronavirus Vaccine.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by JAFO »

I had my first dose on Tuesday along with Mrs JAFO. Had a quite unpleasant first night, with a few side effects, Last night was rather better for me. Mrs J also had some side effects, and remains a little bit less well than me, but hopefully recovering over the next couple of days.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by nbg »

Mrs nbg and myself are looking forward to getting ours. Still haven’t officially got to our age group yet, although I have heard that friends in the same category elsewhere in the country have had theirs.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

My wife and I have had the AstraZeneca injection. Neither of us experienced anything apart from a soreness in our arms the following day.

Sorry you have had some problems.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

My wife had the jab two weeks ago. She said she was a bit nauseous on the night but fine afterwards. Her brother said the same thing. My Dad (90) said he was fine with no side effects at all. All three had the Pfizer jab.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I got the Pfizer on Feb. 03. No side effects other than a sore arm where I got the shot.

Just scheduled my 2nd for this coming Monday. I’ve heard the second can be a doozy, so I’m a little nervous. My mid-70s parents got their second dose (Moderna) and felt fine.
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

JAFO wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 pm I had my first dose on Tuesday along with Mrs JAFO. Had a quite unpleasant first night, with a few side effects, Last night was rather better for me. Mrs J also had some side effects, and remains a little bit less well than me, but hopefully recovering over the next couple of days.
I hope you and your wife are feeling better now.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

I had my first dose on Feb 17th, I'm not in the age group to receive it yet but I was told I was eligible because I'm classed as clinically vulnerable, I don't even know why but hey who am I to argue, I wasn't about to turn down the chance to get vaccinated. I had the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine.
No real side effects for me, slight headache for around an hour and a bit of a sore arm around the injection site ( it's still a bit sore today ) but that's all.
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

My wife is in healthcare and had both Moderna shots. She said she was tired the next day after the second, but nothing other than that. She’s 38.

I’ll be getting mine as soon as they let me at age 48.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I'm early 50s and just been invited to book mine, apparently I'm clinically moderate risk but as per Malvern Man I'm unsure why... i haven't however jumped to book it. No im not a conspiracy theorist or very significantly worried about safety in general but I have a 'mixed' history with medication long term impacts so a bit cautious.. probably being silly and should just get it done!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Soporsche wrote:I'm early 50s and just been invited to book mine, apparently I'm clinically moderate risk but as per Malvern Man I'm unsure why... i haven't however jumped to book it. No im not a conspiracy theorist or very significantly worried about safety in general but I have a 'mixed' history with medication long term impacts so a bit cautious.. probably being silly and should just get it done!
What got me at 48 really concerned and determined to get it ASAP was an article I saw about lung damage even with asymptomatic cases. I’m not playing with possible permanent lung damage. I’m being careful and getting the shots as soon as they let me.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I received an NHS letter on Monday that I'm in the age group to get.

There was an option to book online or my GP's Surgery will be calling me. I've chosen to support my GP's Surgery and give them the opportunity to do the job they've been given.

I'm hoping they'll call me in the next week or so.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:29 am I received an NHS letter on Monday that I'm in the age group to get.

There was an option to book online or my GP's Surgery will be calling me. I've chosen to support my GP's Surgery and give them the opportunity to do the job they've been given.

Guy

My wife volunteers in a Vaccine Centre and the organisation is excellent.

Although supporting your local GP surgery sounds admirable, perhaps getting it done at a vaccine centre will alleviate the tremendous workload they are enduring at the moment.

Also, get it done as soon as you can Guy.

Tomorrow is 2 weeks for us, so we can enjoy our first drink. I’m looking forward to a rather nice Dalmore to celebrate.

Mine was over 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t want to have a drink until we could both imbibe.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TheBeatles wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:29 am I received an NHS letter on Monday that I'm in the age group to get.

Guy

My wife volunteers in a Vaccine Centre and the organisation is excellent.

Although supporting your local GP surgery sounds admirable, perhaps getting it done at a vaccine centre will alleviate the tremendous workload they are enduring at the moment.

Also, get it done as soon as you can Guy.

Tomorrow is 2 weeks for us, so we can enjoy our first drink. I’m looking forward to a rather nice Dalmore to celebrate.

Mine was over 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t want to have a drink until we could both imbibe.
I appreciate the point Brian, and will consider it.

What's with the 2 weeks / no drink bit?

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I'm a long way down the list, but my Wife had her Pfizer jab in December with no ill effects.
She's booked in for her 2nd dose next week.
Ryan
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It sounds like the vaccine programme is progressing very well (in England).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way