C65 Bracelet Sizing

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

C65 Bracelet Sizing

Post by JAFO »

My C65 bracelet has the extension slider fully closed. If anything, it's very slightly large. I would prefer to ear it a little tighter, but it will probably tighten up when my wrist is warm,

The extension seems to be slightly less than the size of a link, so I think taking a link out will not help, as I would then have to wear it with the slider fully out.

Has anyone else had a similar sizing problem?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C65 Bracelet Sizing

Post by ajax87 »

Yes. Only on my super compressor though. I can either take a link out and wear it with it fully ratcheted out and be slightly too tight, or add the link back and wear it fully ratcheted in and it is slightly too loose. My 3 C60s I can get a perfect fit in the middle of the ratchet and have some wiggle room for summer/winter.

I decided to wear the SC slightly too tight. In the meantime I increased my eating hoping to beef up and add the link :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Fat wrists, eh? Good luck with the diet! :D

I took one link out in the first place. I wouldn't mind taking another out to see, but I hate messing with collars and pins, so I will leave it as it is for a while.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ajax87 wrote:Yes. Only on my super compressor though. I can either take a link out and wear it with it fully ratcheted out and be slightly too tight, or add the link back and wear it fully ratcheted in and it is slightly too loose. My 3 C60s I can get a perfect fit in the middle of the ratchet and have some wiggle room for summer/winter.

I decided to wear the SC slightly too tight. In the meantime I increased my eating hoping to beef up and add the link Image
It will likely be the slightly shorter lug-2-lug distance of C65 Super Compressor, compared to the C60, that is giving you this issue.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:30 pm My C65 bracelet has the extension slider fully closed. If anything, it's very slightly large. I would prefer to ear it a little tighter, but it will probably tighten up when my wrist is warm,

The extension seems to be slightly less than the size of a link, so I think taking a link out will not help, as I would then have to wear it with the slider fully out.

Has anyone else had a similar sizing problem?
Same, although I've found that by moving a link from the "6 o'clock" side to the "12 o'clock" has moved the clasp into a better position (flatter on my wrist) and means I can now wear it just comfortably for around the house/office and then tighten it when my wrist shrinks in the cold :thumbup:

Would still be excellent if these bracelets had a half link or slightly longer range on the extension :?
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

+1 for half links. Ideally you would want to be in the center of the extension so you could go both directions as needed. I'm a 7.5 and the only one I can get to this state is my C65 GMT on the non-quick release older style bracelet. Otherwise I am in the same boat either fully retracted or fully extended on the newer quick release bracelets on my Dartmouth, Ombre LE and Super Compressor.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Oh, but to have a half link! In general, I’ve been able to size both my bracelets (for a MK1 C65 Trident Vintage and for a C65 AM GT LE) so that fully extended is perfect to a bit a loose, depending on the temperatures. I can tighten up as necessary. There’s the rare occasion where my wrist swells a bit and things get tight, and I just deal with that as it occurs.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

rkovars wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:29 pm +1 for half links. Ideally you would want to be in the center of the extension so you could go both directions as needed. I'm a 7.5 and the only one I can get to this state is my C65 GMT on the non-quick release older style bracelet. Otherwise I am in the same boat either fully retracted or fully extended on the newer quick release bracelets on my Dartmouth, Ombre LE and Super Compressor.
I tend to have mine fully open (wears bit loose but nice for hot days) or one notch closed on the Cranwell and this allows me to click it closed when I go out into the cold, as I find my wrist reacts very quickly and otherwise the watch becomes way too loose without the adjustment.

On the C60 Elite, it's fully open (no extra expansion) but fine. I think this is because it sits a bit taller and therefore uses up that tiny bit of leeway.

Both are very comfortable, but I do wish they would allow for extension adjustment either side of centre (i.e. a half link) :?
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:29 pm Oh, but to have a half link! In general, I’ve been able to size both my bracelets (for a MK1 C65 Trident Vintage and for a C65 AM GT LE) so that fully extended is perfect to a bit a loose, depending on the temperatures. I can tighten up as necessary. There’s the rare occasion where my wrist swells a bit and things get tight, and I just deal with that as it occurs.
Exactly same for me... it's rarer for my wrist to swell so it's too tight and if it does it's ok for an hour or so, but go out into the cold and almost instantly becomes loose, so the ratchet extension works well there for me.

But yes, a half link would be lovely all round and really doesn't seem that hard for CW to do :problem:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JasperCat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm Same, although I've found that by moving a link from the "6 o'clock" side to the "12 o'clock" has moved the clasp into a better position (flatter on my wrist) and means I can now wear it just comfortably for around the house/office and then tighten it when my wrist shrinks in the cold :thumbup:
That’s a good point! I’ve “done the dance,” so to speak, moving individual links back and forth from one side to the other to find the sweet spot for the clasp on the underside of my wrist. That can make a huge difference in the overall fit of the bracelet.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:36 pm
JasperCat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm Same, although I've found that by moving a link from the "6 o'clock" side to the "12 o'clock" has moved the clasp into a better position (flatter on my wrist) and means I can now wear it just comfortably for around the house/office and then tighten it when my wrist shrinks in the cold :thumbup:
That’s a good point! I’ve “done the dance,” so to speak, moving individual links back and forth from one side to the other to find the sweet spot for the clasp on the underside of my wrist. That can make a huge difference in the overall fit of the bracelet.
Works well for me and also means that it just looks better too centralised on the underside of my wrist, where there is a natural flat area.

I know we're all fans of "proper" watches here, but I will say that by far the most comfortable and adjustable bracelet I have, is the Milanese Loop for my Apple Watch... just put it on and through the day you can just adjust it infinitely with the magnetic clasp. The Sport Loop is the same but less elegant (velcro). However, I now only wear that for exercise and long walks plus overnight for sleep and resting heart rate tracking. I think both can co-exist nicely :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

So after using search and reading this thread...my guess is CW does not have half links for the C65 bracelet. I actually paid to have CW size the bracelet for me when I ordered my red bezel C65. The bracelet was a tad too loose with the extension tucked completely in...so I could not adjust it tighter.

After removing a link....I adjusted the extension fully open and it is perfect.....but wished the extension was slotted in the middle.....that way I could tighten it or loosen it depending on the situation.

Maybe I'll send an email to CW just to make sure a half link is offered or not.
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Lu.. wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 am
Maybe I'll send an email to CW just to make sure a half link is offered or not.
Sadly there are no half link options from CW
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Lu.. wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 am I actually paid to have CW size the bracelet for me when I ordered my red bezel C65.
After dealing with sizing, and resizing, numerous bracelets, I don’t know that I’d ever order one sized now.* It’s been my experience that proper sizing is as much about where the links are removed as it is about how many links. Proper placement of the clasp on the underside of the wrist is just as important as overall sizing.

The addition of a half link would allow as much flexibility with clasp placement as it would with sizing!

*it helps that I have the proper tools for sizing a bracelet
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I got lucky with mine. I can go one notch tighter and two looser. However, I couldn't get the fit quite right on the bracelet of my C60 300 Chrono, so I completely understand any frustration.

I learned that I'm better off paying the $10 to my watch maker than to CW for resizing.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi