2021 release wish list

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Re: 2021 release wish list

Post by thomcat00 »

I think it would be interesting to see the C60 Sapphire with a gold or red translucent dial. I like the blue but there are just so many blue-faced watches out there.

I’m more partial to dress-oriented watches over dive and sport models. My preference, though, seems against the tide.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

thomcat00 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:40 am I think it would be interesting to see the C60 Sapphire with a gold or red translucent dial. I like the blue but there are just so many blue-faced watches out there.
Noush wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:35 am
I liked the C60 40mm Sapphire but there's only so much room for blue watches in my life. 3 is enough :)
And yet I’m struggling to find a blue dialled watch that I like all aspects of and can justify the cost enough to buy as it wouldn't be my main wear but I'd like to have 1.

So maybe a C65 41mm case with a dark navy dial that doesn’t have round markers, isn’t as busy on the dial or bezel as the Dartmouth or recent blue Chrono, can be a 3 hander or 2 or 3 sub-dialled Chrono (but not with the big screw down crown and pushers), doesn’t use orange or a plethora of other colours and doesn’t have “vintage” lume. Oh, and of course for me the name at 12o’clock.

Alternatively a nice simple dark blue dialled version of the Sandhurst but with white hands and markers.
Mr_Finer_Things

Post by Mr_Finer_Things »

C60 Stainless bezel white or black dial GMT would be my dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Mr_Finer_Things wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:59 pm C60 Stainless bezel white or black dial GMT would be my dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could get on board with that with a white dial!
Drew
Unsquare_Dance

Post by Unsquare_Dance »

I'm with you on the color varieties for the C60 sapphire! I would love a yellow or orange dial one - could call it the "OJ" :D But more colors in general I think would be a big hit among enthusiasts and the general public.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Something like the Birkin's Blower that looks like it will fly off the shelf :lol: ( They really can't get rid of it)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Unsquare_Dance wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 pm I'm with you on the color varieties for the C60 sapphire! I would love a yellow or orange dial one - could call it the "OJ" :D But more colors in general I think would be a big hit among enthusiasts and the general public.
I’m not sure about this. A couple of C60/ C65 variants perhaps, but it would be good to see innovation and to extend the range beyond the diver focus
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I'd like to see a C65 in bronze with a blue face and blue bezel.

I'd also like to see a C60 in bronze with a blue face and blue bezel.

I think both these prototypes sold in the recent sale?

I'm a sucker for bronze/gold hue and blue & blue.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Lawrence wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:10 pm I'd like to see a C65 in bronze with a blue face and blue bezel.

I'd also like to see a C60 in bronze with a blue face and blue bezel.

I think both these prototypes sold in the recent sale?

I'm a sucker for bronze/gold hue and blue & blue.
Did someone say bronze and blue?

I came across this about 60 seconds after reading your post. Bronze and blue make for a beautiful combination!

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... -tourneau/
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 pm

I came across this about 60 seconds after reading your post. Bronze and blue make for a beautiful combination!

Sort of like the Achaean armour glinting in the sun as the fleet sails across the wine-dark sea to Ilion?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I agree about a red dial (well, a deep red). I think orient did well with the red Kamasu/Mako3, and I noticed Marc at Long Island is now doing a similar red. I think a deep green would do well also, Aquis green rather than Hulk green.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:50 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Sort of like the Achaean armour glinting in the sun as the fleet sails across the wine-dark sea to Ilion?
That might be the best single line I’ve read on this forum! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:21 am
I’d also like to see some new C7s
Put me on the waiting list, especially if there are any 3-handers.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

A mark 3 Trident with the brand name at 12 o'clock so I can finally bring myself to buy one?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

SlowLoris wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:01 pm A mark 3 Trident with the brand name at 12 o'clock so I can finally bring myself to buy one?
+1

I like everything about the Mk3, especially the fully lumed bezel, but won't/can't buy 1 due to the 9o'clock name logo.