A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
nordwulf

Re: A Lasting Legacy - Important News from Christopher Ward

Post by nordwulf »

jtc wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:39 pm There's another comment on that post from someone who's a Facebook friend of Chris Ward's son. So all looking like a family venture - maybe how Chris would avoid personally competing with CW.

There's already an enthusiasts group too.
And an aficionados group as well. :)

Really curious to see what Chris and family will come up with for this new brand and company.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

First time I have heard of this, and that was only because the latest post appeared at the top of the latest posts lists.

So, I found it strange that the website contains no biographical information about the company at all, which seems quite unusual for new watch companies. Not necessarily hiding, but not overtly advertising the venture either.

Interesting. You would have thought all the Chris Ward directors/owners would have been tied down with non competition clauses in their contracts.
DEV1ST8R
CW-watches: 5

Post by DEV1ST8R »

I have to say I am impressed by the detective skills of the forum members here!

I also now appreciate the predicament Mr. Ward was put into and I think that "recusing" himself was probably the best possible option for him. I'm still very much a big fan of the Christopher Ward line. And though I can't say the same about Tribus' initial offerings, I do wish them the best of luck in their endeavor!
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

Thanks to C.Ward brand I got hooked into watches. Wish Mr. Ward best of luck. Ad a whole story proves, that if you give your name into the business make sure u control it 100%.

As for Tribus - nothing interesting so far...
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

This is some news. I’ve been following the company for about two years, mostly window shopping. I finally got into the line last year with my first CW watch. In short order I found this forum in December and then a FB group of CW enthusiasts. There is a vast amount to peruse and learn here, news and history and all. I’m stepping in.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

A fair old rollercoaster of a thread!!!

Reading through this lot, theres clearly a lot going to be going on, on several fronts with this brand and maybe a couple of others in the near future.

I hope all this news was done by mutual decision and with best wishes by all involved and not for any other reasons.

I wish Chris luck but I doubt he'll need it!

Guess we will see how deep this CW hole goes this year....?!