CW 8 watch collectors case

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Whilst I have been still tempted by the CW leather or the Aevitas Rosewood boxes , I have however found what looks to be a very good value one on Amazon, for just £22.99 in a really nice deep red colour.
The sections are a little narrower than my 2 Fossil leather boxes, but seem to be able to accommodate watches up to 46mm, they also sit slightly higher up so the crown does not touch the side sections, which appear also to be removable. If you put 2 larger watches side by side there may be some slight contact between them so may have to use a little care. Anything up to to 44mm will fit with ease.

Cushions nice and soft, it's quite lightweight so whether than means it's perhaps not as solid and well made as others I am not sure, colour looks amazing, how the metal fixtures will wear over time again it's hard to say, but for me it's a bargain, hence I have just ordered a second one.

I am not saying it will be as nice as the Aevitas. but price wise it's amazing value for money.

Photos make it appear a little darker than it actually is, a Rosewood colour would be a better indication.

So it probably isn't the quality of others discussed in the thread but for the price I am very pleased with it - just have to decide once the second one arrives whether I use them both, or get my 2nd Fossil back from my wife so she can have one of the new one's.

The colour in the Amazon link at the bottom is maybe a better indication of the shade, the final picture on the Amazon site is a bit deceptive as the cushions on mine sit higher up compared to the partition height.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Johnny
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I've had my CW watch box for 6 years and it's been fantastic.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Viognier wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm I've had my CW watch box for 6 years and it's been fantastic.
I ordered one earlier today, as much as I like the cheap Rosewood one's I have from Amazon, and the Fossil I already had there is more space in the CW one and it looks a touch of class.

I suppose I could have made do with what I have, but there is a little extra space in the CW one and I think it will be a better fit for my CW watches.
They are a little close together in the Amazon one's hence I have put some of my cheaper watches in there just in case so most of my other brands will be fine in the existing boxes I already have.

I recently had some improvements made to my loft which will make storing the original individual watch boxes easier, it's a bit daft keeping them all in their own box because they take up so much room in my cabinets/chest of drawers.
Johnny
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^^ Well done! Congratulations
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Viognier wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 pm ^^ Well done! Congratulations
Cheers. :D
Johnny
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

My CW watch box is due to arrive today.

Edit - seconds after typing that is arrived, blimey....

First impressions, really nice though the black box it came in has a 1 inch scuff mark on one of the corners, warch box 10 out 10 but outer box they need to do better for that price.
Johnny
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Hi Johnny
Good to hear your collectors case arrived on time.
Was the scuffed black box that it came in, the outer packaging box? I can't remember how mine was packaged, but for me any marks on the outer packaging would not have mattered, as it would have been disposed of, as long as the collectors case itself was unmarked.

If you are willing to, it would be great to see a photo of your case with some of your watches in. :thumbup:
Regards
Craig
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Craig64 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 pm Hi Johnny
Good to hear your collectors case arrived on time.
Was the scuffed black box that it came in, the outer packaging box? I can't remember how mine was packaged, but for me any marks on the outer packaging would not have mattered, as it would have been disposed of, as long as the collectors case itself was unmarked.

If you are willing to, it would be great to see a photo of your case with some of your watches in. :thumbup:
Hi Craig,

No the actual case itself is fine, it had an additional black cardboard box and within that there was a black CW bag with the watch case in..
It was the outer black cardboard box that was scuffed, I guess it's no big deal just I have heard others say they have watch boxes arrive that have scuff marks on them.
I ordered a cheap Rosewood one from Amazon that was only £23 and the outer packaging perfect, I am probably being picky but for £140 I didn't really want to see a damaged, albeit slightly marked, box.

Anyway here is a photo. Ideally there be an 8th but my other brands boxes are also bursting.

Johnny
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Hi Johnny
That is absolutely superb, and you've got a great and varied collection there!
Thank you very much indeed for taking time out to share the photo.
I've got two things in common with you, the collectors case and the orange dial C60 Trident :thumbup: :thumbup:
Regards
Craig
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Craig64 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm Hi Johnny
That is absolutely superb, and you've got a great and varied collection there!
Thank you very much indeed for taking time out to share the photo.
I've got two things in common with you, the collectors case and the orange dial C60 Trident :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks, the C60 Orange is really nice.
Johnny
No date window

Post by No date window »

Apologies for raking up a 2 year old thread, but can any owners of the CW 8 watch collectors case confirm that the lid doesn’t stay open and the pillows rattle around the case please? I’m delighted with the case itself but these 2 issues are a little frustrating to me, although I’m the first to appreciate I’m a PPP (part-time professional pedant)!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I have several and have used them for many years.

These are storage cases and not display cases so the lid does not stay open. The cushions are a bit on the smallish side, but offer good protection when a watch is mounted on them. Never had an issue with a damaged watch on the couple of occasions I have dropped a box.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I bought this from Amazon. I love the case but wish the watch cushions were longer which is my big critism. Im still happy with it and my beloved watches stay comfy and safe at night:-)

Screenshot_20210608-233153_Samsung Internet.jpg