LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: USA Showroom Now Closed

Post by Kip »

watchquest wrote:Kip, you were a pleasure to deal with during my visit to the showroom and subsequent purchase. I've bought two watches through you, once in person and once over the phone, both times the experience was fantastic. I hope you will still come to Red Bar events down in Boston when you can. Thanks for everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.thewatchquest.com
No worries. I will still be attending Red Bar. Besides, I still owe you a drink. :)

Thanks for your support.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Viognier wrote:Hi Kip,
I have somehow missed this announcement and post until now. Very unfortunate that the Nashua showroom had to close early. I had hoped business would get me to the Boston area and I could have dropped by. Thrilled you will still be here with us on the forum.

On a personal note, thank you for your watch advice you have shared with me.

Enjoy every second with your family!!
If you get into my neighborhood,give me a call. We can still get together.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Boydesian
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Boydesian »

Hi Kip. I have only now seen this and join my gratitude for your kind assistance to the chorus. I am thankful to have been able to visit the showroom soon after its opening and especially pleased to have bought a watch from you in person. I regret that I couldn't make it to the last GTG due to travel, but hopefully we will see each other in person soon. Best wishes and, as the wise old sage of the Possum Lodge once said, "Keep yer stick on the ice". :D
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Whare hae ye been sae brankie, O?
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Came ye by Killiecrankie, O?
italy7
Junior
Junior

Post by italy7 »

Been away from the forum for a while and am disappointed to see the showroom closed. I never got a chance to visit...
snookssec
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Post by snookssec »

Kip wrote:I must state that the past couple years of my life have been quite exciting. First the purchase of the Forum by CWL, then the announcement that I was to be a Grandfather in the spring. My impending retirement in the fall followed by the announcement of the USA showroom to be opened. My life has been full of surprises. Follow this up with the announcement of a second grandchild on the way and things just look almost perfect.

On Oct 23rd 2014 I announced to you that I was entering into a venture with CWL to operate the USA showroom. We opened on Dec. 8 of 2014. The initial reception showed a lot of promise as we headed into 2015. Existing and potential customers were thrilled to have a USA contact and a place to come view CWL watches. Although the showroom business continued to move forward we noticed that many would contact me and still buy from the website. They were not coming to the showroom to make that buying decision.

People have always been able to contact me about CWL and still can, but this has led us to review how much of a necessity the showroom is. After discussions and review, we have reached a decision to close the USA showroom, effective immediately. For the business and our customers this is the right decision.

I will still be available for the forum, available to the Call Center and available for questions. On a personal level, I am sad to no longer have the showroom, however I understand its absolutely the right decision for CWL at this time and we will still have full web availability. You, of course, still have the 60/60 to try out watches.

Many thanks to all who have supported the USA showroom. Please feel free to contact me via the forum.
Kip:

Wow. There have been several life changes myself and as this is the first time seeing this post (shows you just how busy I have been) I am truly saddened to read this message. First off, congrats on the grandchildren! Having bought several watches from you at the Showroom (who could have asked for a better gift than the only US CW showroom 20 min from my house), you will be missed. I was JUST about to contact you about the new C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve. Guess I will have to wait patiently now like everyone else as future purchases will no longer provide instant gratification! :-) It was a pleasure getting to know you a little (we did have plenty of time to chat while waiting for me to confirm (multiple times) that it really was me making a legit purchase! LOL.

Mike
Spartiate
CW-watches: 1

Post by Spartiate »

Kip wrote:I must state that the past couple years of my life have been quite exciting. First the purchase of the Forum by CWL, then the announcement that I was to be a Grandfather in the spring. My impending retirement in the fall followed by the announcement of the USA showroom to be opened. My life has been full of surprises. Follow this up with the announcement of a second grandchild on the way and things just look almost perfect.

On Oct 23rd 2014 I announced to you that I was entering into a venture with CWL to operate the USA showroom. We opened on Dec. 8 of 2014. The initial reception showed a lot of promise as we headed into 2015. Existing and potential customers were thrilled to have a USA contact and a place to come view CWL watches. Although the showroom business continued to move forward we noticed that many would contact me and still buy from the website. They were not coming to the showroom to make that buying decision.

People have always been able to contact me about CWL and still can, but this has led us to review how much of a necessity the showroom is. After discussions and review, we have reached a decision to close the USA showroom, effective immediately. For the business and our customers this is the right decision.

I will still be available for the forum, available to the Call Center and available for questions. On a personal level, I am sad to no longer have the showroom, however I understand its absolutely the right decision for CWL at this time and we will still have full web availability. You, of course, still have the 60/60 to try out watches.

Many thanks to all who have supported the USA showroom. Please feel free to contact me via the forum.

There was a USA showroom at some point? Wow... I'm sorry I missed it! I discovered the Christopher Ward brand somewhat recently and bought a Trident GMT with the red bezel, one of the sharpest watches I have encountered. I bought the 38 because 43 is generally a little large for my wrist, but it would've been great to handle them both and make the decision. Oh well... if there is one in the UK, I will have to make a point of visiting!
BBStapes

Post by BBStapes »

I was just reading there was a showroom in Nashua and got all excited being I live in Boston. Must have been an older article. Too bad I was looking forward to seeing the Titanium C60 in person.
raserion

Post by raserion »

BBStapes wrote:I was just reading there was a showroom in Nashua and got all excited being I live in Boston. Must have been an older article. Too bad I was looking forward to seeing the Titanium C60 in person.
Me too! Found out a year too late I guess :( I probably would've traveled to NY even, if they opened the showroom there.