What's your accuracy?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: What's your accuracy?

Post by blowfish89 »

ksl0902 wrote:Hi I have the C60 Trident-Pro 600 which is running at +10 seconds a day? I thought this was excessive and called customer services this morning who tell me that +/- 10 seconds is normal for a auto watch? Cannot say I am very happy with this!
Yes it is normal, you need to either
1) Get over it, and get used to it
2) Regulate it
3) Experiment with positional variations and see if it helps
4) Only buy quartz
Jeremyd01
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Jeremyd01 »

I love the wrist presence of the C60 Trident and +10 would not put me off!
Jeremy

C60 Trident 600 GMT (pre-production)
Steinhart Ocean One Black Ceramic
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

ksl0902 wrote:Hi I have the C60 Trident-Pro 600 which is running at +10 seconds a day? I thought this was excessive and called customer services this morning who tell me that +/- 10 seconds is normal for a auto watch? Cannot say I am very happy with this!
There are 86400 seconds in a day and a watch running at +/- 10 seconds per day equates to an accuracy rate of:

86390/86400 x 100 = 99.98% accurate.

I'm struggling to see the problem here.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

What's your accuracy?

Post by gaf1958 »

^ Hear, hear...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Cristi

Post by Cristi »

After 2 weeks of checking my C60 Trident Pro 600 gains about +9 sec/day ... I'm really OK with it
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Never thought that I would chime in in this thread but credit where credit is due!

As you know, I could not give two hoots about accuracy, but I noticed this week that my DeepSea (which is worn virtually every day) is 1 minute out. It was last adjusted sometime in August!!!!!!!

Must admit that even I was impressed.

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk
Timinwales
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Timinwales »

scooter wrote:
There are 86400 seconds in a day and a watch running at +/- 10 seconds per day equates to an accuracy rate of:

scooter
Brilliant answer has me laughing at the end of a long,busy and somewhat emotional week (and that was just work) Scooter are you per-chance an engineer?
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
Solar~Citizen Nighthawk(Ti)~Seiko Solar Dive
Quartz~Sector Chrono~Rotary Sub~Luminox SEAL (Ti)
marko
Guru
Guru

Post by marko »

Guessing you missed this when you purchased it?
"Timing tolerance: +20/-20 seconds per day"
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I've been wearing my Pepsi GMT for the last week, after having it in the box for about six months or so. It gained and lost about 3 seconds in that time, so it's running dead on? Mind, I've only had it off my wrist for showers and washing up.
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

scooter wrote:

scooter
Did you remember to adjust for OCD? That must count for something... :lol:
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

scooter wrote:

scooter
Put like that, I agree .. however it could be assumed that ksl902, being a newbie, may not be familiar with automatic watches and tolerances etc, especially if perhaps he is used to quartz accuracy. ..I am just guessing. To many people, buying an expensive watch you'd think the accuracy improves, but, as many of us on here know, that isn't always the case, especially for watches with mechanical movements.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

My new C60 38mm is right at the edge of spec, -20 to -21 seconds per day. If it doesn't settle into something better, i'll have my watchmaker adjust it. I'm not accuracy obsessed, but I know it can do better than this, and I'd rather have it fast than slow.
On the other hand, after 3 1/2 years, my Speedy today timed at +2 seconds after 30 hours on the wrist, so I'm pretty happy there.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
TG3N
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by TG3N »

My CW Trident C60 (six weeks old) is +15 secs per day (even experimenting with overnight resting positions). It might, perhaps, settle a little as it beds in, but whilst within the movement spec of +/- 20 secs, that's a little disappointing, but ultimately not enough to really bother me to take further action - it's a terrific watch that just needs the crown pulled every few days to sync again.

A similarly aged ETA 2834-2 Elabore grade Hamilton Jazzmaster is running +12 secs, again not ideal but within spec and not enough to worry me - these aren't COSC Chronometers.

By contrast, my Stowa Marine (ETA 2824-2 Elabore) is a consistent +2 secs a day, and JS Watch Islandus (ETA 2824-2 Top) a scary -1 secs.

It could of course depend upon many outside factors, or just dumb luck, but this leads me to deduce that the smaller boutique brands like Stowa or JS Watch are understandably more 'hands-on' with their watches, and it shows in the timing outcome (and price, of course).

I do think many watch collectors are a bit obsessed with accuracy though, it has the potential to drive you a bit barmy & detract from the enjoyment of a piece. I admire & respect good timing, but provided nothing drastic is evident, I can live with a bit of inaccuracy, in the knowledge they can always be finely regulated if I could be bothered. Ultimately, my watches are rotated heavily and are rarely out of the box for more than five days at a time, so there's no real wear duration to be affected by any inaccuracy.
Marius in Africa

Post by Marius in Africa »

My C60 Trident Bronze Ombre COSC was delivered on the 5th of July. In general i like the watch, my initial reason for buying it was the bronze casing and it is pleasing to my eyes. I did take note of the COSC certification but it was not critical in my decision making, it was just something forming part of the package.

I have done accuracy checks on my two Seiko automatic watches before and was curious about the accuracy of this CW watch. So i carried out my standard (basic) seven day (168 hours) test. Nothing special, i wind the watch to 100%, set it against my reference, wear it to work and when i go out. The rest of the time it lies stationary in a horizontal position. This watch gained 65 seconds over the 168 hour test, thus 9.3 sec / day.

My reference is a time app on my mobile phone, Atomic Clock & Watch Accuracy Tool.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

While not the best method to verify accuracy, I left my Limes Endurance II on my watch winder for a month and its Selliita SW200 averaged about -7.5 spd.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi