LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Chat with Chris - 2015 - New Date

Post by Kip »

The bad news is that we have postponed our annual "Chat with Chris-2015".

The good news is we have rescheduled this for September 9th at 19:00 GMT.

The reason for the change has little to do with scheduling but will allow us to have some additional special guests. In addition to Christopher Ward, we will be joined by another founder of CWL, Mike France, Jörg Bader, CEO of Synergies Horlogeres, inventor of the "Bader Buckle"and Johannes Jahnke (JJ), father of the SH21 movement.

Our guests will be joining us live from Biel Switzerland, the HQ of Synergies Horlogeres.

This provides us with a whole new opportunity for questions. The timing is such that the new magazine should be out as well as new model announcements and you will also be able to give some important feedback.
The "Chat with Chris 2015" will now be held on Wednesday September 9th.

The chat will start at GMT 19:00 and will last for approximately 1 hour (we usually go longer).

Last year we tried 10 preselected questions, but found this ran to long before opening up the chat. This year I will ask only 5. We will now start the Chat with the 5 questions. I will ask the questions and Chris, or our guests, can answer without interruption. We will then go to an open chat where you can ask anything of any of our guests you wish. We feel that you may actually be able to get more questions and answers with this format.

I have started a thread here to post your questions. The top 5 questions and/or the ones of most interest to everyone are the ones that I will ask Chris or our other guests. Please have your questions posted by September 6th. I will post the list of 5 questions that will be asked so you can have any others you may have, ready to go.

If you are unable to attend and have a specific or general question that you do wish to post, please send me a pm and I will make every effort to get your question in if time permits. No guarantees, but I will try.

As in the past, we are anticipating some talk about CWs trip to Basel, the upcoming new models (perhaps some revelations), as well as CWLs future plans. This time we are also looking forward to your feedback on, what will then be, some newly introduced models.

All our prior chats have been very enjoyable, most informative and very well attended. This one should be extra special!!

GMT = 19:00
Biel = GMT+2 = 9:00pm
London = GMT+1 = 8:00pm
EDT = GMT-4 = 3:00pm

For anyone that may be confused about the time zone...try this link.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

We realize that the time will not suit everyone, but it really is the best we can do for the majority of time zones we cover as well as coordinating with the busy schedule of the boss and our special guests.

I hope we see you all there.

The chat will be available via the "Mini-chat" link on the forum index page.

A transcript of the chat will be available and posted within a few days of the chat.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
koimaster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Chat with Chris - 2015 - New Date

Post by koimaster »

Look forward to it Kip.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Simon57 »

This should be good,com hoping and praying that the Moonphase is official by then so we have information to discuss!
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Sounds great but I will be in France with a coachload of children and very much on duty at that time, so Ian's transcript and digest would be wonderful! :)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I would like to remind everyone that the time/date for the "Chat with Chris-2015" is rapidly approaching.

Please remember that we have arranged to have some very special guests on this chat. In addition to Christopher Ward, we will be joined by another founder of CWL, Mike France. Jörg Bader, CEO of Synergies Horlogeres, inventor of the "Bader Buckle"and Johannes Jahnke (JJ), father of the SH21 movement will also be online. All will be taking time from their busy schedules to join us from Biel Switzerland at the HQ of Synergies Horlogeres.

While trying to dig up as much info as we can regarding new releases etc., having this esteemed group together provides us with a tremendous opportunity for some in depth questions that we might not otherwise be able to ask. Lets take advantage of this and get those questions posted!

Please continue to use this area for your questions.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Proco2020
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Proco2020 »

Where do we log on to listen to the chat? I've missed the link somewhere.
downer

Post by downer »

Proco2020 wrote:Where do we log on to listen to the chat? I've missed the link somewhere.
It is hosted on this forum - at the top of the page you will see "Mini-Chat"...
Richard
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Thanks again Kip for setting this up and to Chris, JJ, Mike, Jorg and Peter for their time and insights. I enjoy it each year!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Bugger, I completely missed it!!!
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

smegwina wrote:Bugger, I completely missed it!!!
Me too, but there's the transcript.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Viognier wrote:Thanks again Kip for setting this up and to Chris, JJ, Mike, Jorg and Peter for their time and insights. I enjoy it each year!!
I echo Lance's thanks, highly appreciated.
blackydog
Junior
Junior

Post by blackydog »

I missed it to