Archive Event

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: Archive Event

Post by smegwina »

I do wish they would get rid of that stupid tagline, especially on a advert for an in person sale and auction. (Did no one realise how stupid it looked)

Its like that "English Heart" tosh.

However ignoring the above, I suppose that this is a good opportunity to purchase some old models that have long been sold out.
I shan't be making the journey as I have no interest in early serial numbers, and as I have absolutely no idea what is going to be available, it is not worth the risk for me.

If they can't be arsed to create a sales catalogue, I can't be arsed to make the journey!
sean7seah

Post by sean7seah »

It's a pity I can't get to see the exclusive watches launched in the archive event, hope someone is able to capture what was being showcased?
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I imagine the auction might end up meaning bargains, given not many enthusiasts are going... :lol:

Unless CWL are popular with the loaded "money to burn" types?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
BobMunro
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by BobMunro »

As a relatively new forum member (2nd post!) I don't see an issue in not having this information available to the Forum rather than by email invitation.

I received the email and have replied saying I plan to be there - and it's quite a round trip for me. But I'm happy to make that trip blind for a number of reasons.

1. As others have said it gives an opportunity to network with other CW owners
2. I would be disappointed if I didn't go and missed a gem.
3. I like surprises!

In my opinion there seems to be a lot of unnecessary angst in this thread, especially about the use of the 'Exclusively Online' strap line - I don't recall seeing similar criticism about the showroom (although maybe there was).
Time flies whether you're having fun or not. The choice is yours.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

BobMunro wrote:As a relatively new forum member (2nd post!) I don't see an issue in not having this information available to the Forum rather than by email invitation.

I received the email and have replied saying I plan to be there - and it's quite a round trip for me. But I'm happy to make that trip blind for a number of reasons.

1. As others have said it gives an opportunity to network with other CW owners
2. I would be disappointed if I didn't go and missed a gem.
3. I like surprises!

In my opinion there seems to be a lot of unnecessary angst in this thread, especially about the use of the 'Exclusively Online' strap line - I don't recall seeing similar criticism about the showroom (although maybe there was).
And good luck to you Bob! I genuinely hope that you do pick up a bargain (I shall then also be slightly bitter for not going myself, but such is life! :) )

You should have a great evening, and Chris, Mike etc are fantastic people to meet.

As far as the tagline goes, the headquarters/showroom is one thing, but I thought that they had dropped it once the US showroom opened. It has subsequently made a rather bizarre re-appearance!

Oh and a warm welcome to the forum!
BobMunro
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by BobMunro »

smegwina wrote:
And good luck to you Bob! I genuinely hope that you do pick up a bargain (I shall then also be slightly bitter for not going myself, but such is life! :) )

You should have a great evening, and Chris, Mike etc are fantastic people to meet.

As far as the tagline goes, the headquarters/showroom is one thing, but I thought that they had dropped it once the US showroom opened. It has subsequently made a rather bizarre re-appearance!

Oh and a warm welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting Chris and if I can pick up something a bit special as well then that's all the better!

I only discovered CW just over a year ago and my wife bought me a C60 for my birthday. Three more CW's since then and I'm beginning to worry I may be developing a watch habit!
Time flies whether you're having fun or not. The choice is yours.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

BobMunro wrote:and it's quite a round trip for me. But I'm happy to make that trip blind for a number of reasons.
With a surname like Munro, I sure hope you're not based in somewhere like Aberdeen 'cos your statement above would warrant a free watch of your choice when you get there ! :lol:

Joking aside, best of luck Bob, I hope you get what you want :thumbup:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
hsukirk
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by hsukirk »

Received my RSVP reply & look forward to the event.

I don't see myself picking up anything but would love to meet the people as well as seeing some achieve pieces imo.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes

Post by scooter »

I have done a round trip of 188 miles before to go to a properly organised GTG at Marlow and thoroughly enjoyed it.

You wouldn't catch me travelling 180 miles to attend a blind auction in Maidenhead though.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

Got to agree with scooter on this one I'm afraid. Whilst it would be nice to meet up with other enthusiasts and some of the CWL team, such an investment in time, effort and money to attend an auction of unknown things wouldn't make sense to me. Hope those who do attend enjoy themselves though, and maybe even pick up something special if they can.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

I'm out of the country that week so I definitely can't go. Boo.

The venue is not *so* far away from me that it would have put me off; in fact, it's sufficiently close that, had I been at home, I would have gone just for the chance to meet people and find out a bit more, even if I had no plans to buy.

I agree that the use of the "only online" tag line seems a bit perverse but they could easily have deliberately subverted that in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way by adding "usually" or "except for tonight!" (or whatever) as a "hand-written" amendment.

The flyer doesn't specifically mention that there will be bargains to be had; in fact it studiously avoids saying this and I suspect that, if anything, these "rare" 100 early editions and prototypes are likely to be priced high rather than low.

As I said, if was able to go then it would be to hopefully meet some of you there, not necessarily with the expectation of getting an amazing deal on a watch (although a C6 Kingfisher might tempt me, especially if blue...).

To those who do go, please take what pics you can and report back!! :D
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Less than an hour and a half journey for me so have decided to attend. I may even book to visit the showroom beforehand to look at some of the new models.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes

Post by Clach77 »

The only 'archive' product is want is the old style C6 silicone strap, preferably with a PVD clasp. If anyone is going and picks one up for me I'll be delighted and pay the strap and postage. :D It's too far for me to go in the hope of a strap. :lol:

If I was still looking for Kingfisher autos I'd be a lot more disappointed at not being able to attend.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The Auction List is now available here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

suppose that's a bit better for those of us who cannot attend.