C9 Single Pusher Chronograph (WRC2)

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
politel
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

C9 Single Pusher Chronograph (WRC2)

Post by politel »

Model: #C9-43-SP-SWK
Bought: 03.07.2017

After introducing my C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage PVD, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite watches in my CW collection.
For many years now, I only have mechanical watches and love simple, clear design solutions and sophisticated mechanical movements.
Watches with soul.

When I became aware of CW in the summer of 2017 and rummaged on the CW homepage, I discovered the C9 Single Pusher Chronograph at the summer sale.

I knew immediately that I must necessarily have the watch!
Fortunately, the purchase in the CW-shop is straightforward and very fast. Sign up and you can start your shopping tour :-)
It is very nice that there are very fast confirmation emails and status messages with tracking no. gives.
Nevertheless, after the purchase begins a fast endless time of waiting and impatient anticipation.

After a few days a small package was delivered. The tension was great.
But everybody knows that here in the forum.

So, unpack quickly. When I was finally able to hold the watch in my hands, the joy was huge.
All expectations were met.
Wow, what a watch!

Technical Specifications

Diameter: 43mm
Height: 15.9mm
Weight: 87g
Calibre: JJ02, hand-wound chronograph, highly modified from Unitas 6497
Vibrations: 18,000 vph
Case: 316L stainless steel
Water resistance: 5 ATM (50 metres)
Dial: Optic white
Lug to Lug: 51.5mm
Hand-finished, surgical grade, stainless steel case and crown
Museum-grade sapphire crystal with AR08 coating
Optic white one-piece 3-9 bi-compax dial
Screw-down transparent case back with full diameter anti-reflective crystal

This is a watch for eternity and for me timing in its most beautiful form.

Why?

1. The Design

The absolutely symmetrical and clear construction of the classic bi-compax dial, reduced to the essentials.
The white dial with the black indexes and hands makes reading the time to the joy.
The design follows the function. Just perfectly solved in my eyes.
The V2 logo gives the watch a classic and timeless look.
The reading of time is not just a simple act with this watch, it becomes a ritual that always brings a smile to my face.

2. The Movement - Welcome to the machine

With the special conversion of the proven and robust Unitas 6497 to the chronograph JJ02, the further development of this movement is something very special and exclusive. The chronograph functions are utilized only with just one pusher. That is very unusual.
Through the glass bottom you can observe the movement while working. This is still matchmaking in its most beautiful shape and you can see how the levers and ratchet mesh together.

This is a mechanical dream and inspires me every day again and again. Manual winding of the movement is a pleasure.
You can feel its size.
Nevertheless, the movement works very well.

The low number of pieces made the watch even more desirable for every collector of classic watches.
Worldwide limited edition of 250 pieces and personally assembled by master watchmaker, Johannes Jahnke

3. The Case

With 43mm diameter and almost 16mm height, the watch is not one of the small Dess Watches.
But that's not to be expected with this movement. The polished bezel harmonises very well with the white dial.
The watch can be worn very well through the leather strap with Bader deployment.

The C9 Single Pusher is the most beautiful watch in my collection and I wear it regularly not only to the big moments in business or celebrations, but also in the evenings in the club.

Although it is almost 16mm high, it is very comfortable to wear ... and it is quick to grab the attention of others.
Right watches for real men can also cast a shadow and bring some weight.
Unfortunately, there is no new C9 collection at the moment. But maybe she'll be hung up again.
Until then, I like to wear the C9 Single Pusher - my perfect and beautiful dress-chronograph watch

Thousand words can not replace pictures, so I'll let some pictures speak
Let's have fun :-)

My little C9-Collection

I hope you had a lot of fun with the review and wish all competitors good luck :wave:
Rainer
Rainer

wanted:
C9 Me109 Single Pusher Chronograph
C8 Flyer Mk II DLC
C8 Power Reserve Chronometer DLC
C11 Makaira Titanium Extreme 1000
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2