C9 Jumping Hour MK3 (WRC2)

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

C9 Jumping Hour MK3 (WRC2)

Post by MiniMpi »

Model # : C9-43-JH-SGWS

Date acquired : 21st March 2017

"Every hour change has now become a joy at the wonderment of the Jumping Hour."

The statement above that I made on the day I got this beautiful watch say's it all really.

Ever since the Jumping Hour was released in September 2011, I have lusted after one !
As I had only got into watches and CW in particular since April that year, it was a far away dream.
It actually took me nearly 6 years in fact to finally realize the dream.

It was the original MK1 JH with the Art Deco look dial that grabbed me and in an ideal world, I would dearly love at some stage to add one of these rare 200 piece LE's to my collection but I digress.

The JJ01 Calibre movement that Johannes Jahnke created which was a modified ETA 2824-2, was to me a marvel of watch making.

The watch is just so cool, you always get people asking you about it especially due to the single hand and I have also got the "you know the date is wrong on your watch" comment more than once...
But I like that, because I can explain the watch to people and they are always fascinated by it.

The watch originally came on a genuine alligator brown CW strap which suited it very well but when an opportunity to buy a bracelet strap in a clearance sale popped up I got one.
I must say it transformed the watch for me, looks so classy and made it more wearable for me also.

I love all the variations of the JH over the years but the SGW is to me the one, it lifts the dial to another level and makes it special as not a lot of them were made I believe.
This is the 43mm version which is probably just that bit big ideally but I love it. The MK3 was the first version to offer a 40mm version also which opened up the JH to lots of new owners.
I also own a 40mm 5 Day COSC and agree it's a sweeter size but I really like my JH in 43mm as to me it's a statement watch.

I've found it to be very accurate with swift and exact hour changes.
You do really eagerly await an hour change as it's such an occasion with this watch.
The lovely 'click' you hear always makes me smile :)

This actual watch will always be very close to my heart as it was originally owned by our late lovely forum friend Kevin Bucknell whom I bought it from.
Kevin knew how much I loved the JH and his SGW version in particular and assisted me so kindly in an easy way to obtain it from him over a few months.
It is a watch I adore and especially because it was Kevin's, I will never sell it and will always treasure it.

ImageImageImage
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: C9 Jumping Hour MK3 (WRC2)

Post by Markornot »

Great review and photos! As a grey dial MkIII owner myself, I certainly agree with your assessments and I love your personal connection. Like you, it is a watch I will never sell.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage