C60 Trident Pro 600 Review

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

C60 Trident Pro 600 Review

Post by jtc »

Apologies for this belated review of my prize C60, rewarded for my C70 Hornet review. Exhausting work commitments and then a holiday to the states have taken all my free time! I would also encourage all forum members to enter the current competition...

I was absolutely shocked and overwhelmed to receive a PM from Kip on my birthday, letting me know I'd won a C60 Pro 600. I've not owned one of the latest models, although have briefly had previous Chr.Ward branded C60s obtained through sales. It wasn't long before a freshly boxed C60-43ADA2-S0KK0-B0 was on its way to me. I was equally as excited when it arrived on the 15th August!

My first impression was how it's a real eye catcher. The surfaces are a mix of polished and brushed, with a highly reflective ceramic bezel that's a really deep black. The face of the watch is more simple than the exterior. The contrast of the highly polished hour markers against the mostly empty black face aids how easily you see the time at a glance, with the choice of hand design making it simple to determine hour and minute. I'm a real fan of the hand set, having had a C65 previously, and feel they offer a great "diver" feel to the watch. The trident second hand adds further flair and is a pleasing thing to watch as it smoothly runs through 60 seconds.

The pip on the bezel is a nice touch, with a nod to that other popular "crown logo" diver. The date window is also well executed with the polished frame around a contrasting date wheel. At a glance, the black face can seem both flat and textured, depending on which way the light hits the face. You'll see more of the texture later...

My C60 came on the bracelet, which is honestly a high quality bit of kit. It's probably the second best bracelet on a watch I've owned, bested only by the superb sprung clasp on my Pelagos. The adjustment is easy to do and the clasp closes with a welcoming clunk and click. It feels expensive and reassuringly well engineered.

It's also nice to see a cohesive use of the "christopher ward" wordmark on both the face of the watch and the bracelet, with the twin flags motif adorning the business end of the bracelet clasp. It looks both modern and well considered.

Sitting having a celebratory beer with my new C60, I contemplated just how reflective and shiny it is. This is no under-the-radar timepiece. All aspects of the watch face, bezel, case and bracelet with the polished centre links reflect the light and any colour around you. The sapphire crystal catches the light at a different angle to the ceramic bezel, making it a mixture of nightmare and great fun in the sunny weather we've been having. This C60 is definitely my most reflective watch, and it's something that'll take some getting used to in comparison to, say, my Pelagos which is considerably more "toolish".

The C60 Trident Pro 600, while shiny, is also a handsome and well proportioned watch. At 43mm it's large, but not too big. It's heavy, but no more than my comparable diver Pelagos. The fitted bracelet, although sporting those PCLs I'd prefer to be brushed, complements the design of the watch case and feels part of it rather than being an addition or optional extra. CW have always said this is their most successful model (in all guises over the years) and I can understand why.

Out in the garden in the bright sunshine, the face reverts to its inky black appearance. The hands continue to do a great job of giving an easy glancing view of the time. Even the white date wheel helps with legibility in bright sunlight.

That ceramic bezel also continues to reflect the light from all angles! It's in this sort of bright sunshine environment I think the watch could be a little too shiny... but I quickly remember this weather is the exception, not the norm for a calender year in Britain!

We've often made the "rolex of the internet" joke here on the forum but, having recently spent some time in some fancy watch boutiques in Las Vegas, having now had a C60 in my possession, I can see why it's such a popular watch. It has a high quality fit and finish during wear, features a really eye catching sports watch look, and even handled off-wrist offers a very pleasing impression of a quality timepiece.

Having seen new model designs coming from CW that feature bolder elements and very unique design features, I look forward to how they evolve the C60 line in the future. I will certainly enjoy this watch as part of my collection (see below for a quick review-sized SOTC), not just because it was a prize, but because it is genuinely a high quality watch with a lot of features to enjoy.

Thank you so much to those involved for picking my Hornet review as the winner, thank you to CW for the watch itself, and good luck to everyone involved with the current and any future review contests.

SOTC:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Review

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Brilliant review - thank you for that.
Oh, and great pictures too!
There's always time for one more.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Excellent review and pictures Jon. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Well worth a read.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

I enjoyed your review Jon, great photos, a beautiful watch and well written. Congrats!
Cheers, Mike.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent review. Great to see that you are enjoying your Watch Review Contest prize. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.