C60 Trident 316L Yellow Limited Edition Review

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

C60 Trident 316L Yellow Limited Edition Review

Post by MiniMpi »

Model # : C60-43ADA2-S00Y0-LK

Date acquired : 05th June 2018

When Christopher Ward released the 316L Limited Edition range I was immediately taken by them.
They added that extra something to make the already great Trident something special.

I have always been a big diver's watch fan and have had a few Kingfishers over the years which I loved but when I got my first Trident a few years ago it was a game changer for me. It was just 'right' and I loved the look and feel of them.
Unsurprisingly I am now a big Trident fan and currently have five...four C60's and one C65.

Which brings me on to why I bought my Trident 316L LE.
I have had a liking for Yellow dial watches for as long as I was in to watches.
They stand out, they are different, not the norm. I like that.
I have two other Yellow watches in my collection currently and as they say three is the magic number !

I hatched a plan and decided on getting my 316L.
It was love at first sight as they say and I couldn't be happier with it.
The subtle differences between this and the standard Trident are really cool.
Firstly it has a brushed case which is nearly always my personal preference in watches but CW did a nice twist and put polished chamfered edges on it which really mark it out as being a special watch,
The Bezel is also brushed Stainless Steel and it just sets the watch off and reminds of the lovely Forum Limited Edition Trident 'Red JAG' which I also owned before.

I went for the black leather strap with yellow stitching as I believe that it works so well to bring out the Yellow dial much more so than the usual bracelet strap choice.

No doubting that the watch is a FUN watch and ideal for holidays and summer but I have also worn it out to dinner too and to me it didn't look out of place.
I have a large collection, fifteen and counting.....so It gets used on rotation but it is just so nice that it gets grabbed sometimes more than others.
I checked the accuracy of it when I got it and it was performing roughly plus four seconds which was rather good I must say for a non COSC piece.

The Wooden presentation box that it comes in was rather special and really gave you that sense of occasion of opening a special watch. A nice touch on behalf of CW.

Here are some photos to show the watch off, but I do feel especially with this particular watch that seeing it in the metal as it were is needed to really appreciate how cool it really is :

Sometimes when you get a watch you know it's special and that it will be a keeper.
This is definitely the case with this one for me and I'm really looking forward to enjoying it over the years.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C60 Trident 316L Yellow Limited Edition Review

Post by Richard D »

Throughly enjoyable read Freg. A review full of enthusiasm, not only for the watch but the joy it delivers. Long may it last. :D
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^excellent review Ferg of your lovely Trident.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Congratulations Ferg. It some courage to be the first to enter. Well done.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Thanks guys :)
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

A great review and photos, the first picture had it sold for me, lovely wooden presentation box. The bright yellow face really stands out :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A very enjoyable read, Ferg, backed up with great pics. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)