C63 Sealander Elite review - A lightweight marvel or merely a lightweight?

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: C63 Sealander Elite review - A lightweight marvel or merely a lightweight?

Post by albionphoto »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:35 pm Thanks for the detailed and informative review. I like the honesty and real world element to the review. The C63 Elite is not, and hasn’t been, on my radar and I was quite disappointed when I saw it. I do understand the appeal of the feature list, but the teasers and early promise of an ‘aero’ had me, in my mind at least, hooked on something different to what was delivered.

The cut outs don’t do much for me either. They’re novel, certainly, but remind me in an abstract way of the old running tracks around football pitches which cut off the spectator from the game! Somehow there’s an (unnecessary) disconnect between the outside bezel and the watch face!

I hope they sell well for CW who, once again, has tried some innovation at a more accessible price point.

All was not lost from the launch, by the way. I bought the C63 GMT which is a fabulous watch.
Thank you. I'm glad you liked the review.
When I first saw the slots in the dial I thought of the cooling slots cut into the ends of old electric motors or pumps.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:55 pm
Kip wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:02 pm What a terrific and straight forward review. This will no doubt benefit those that are considering the C63 Elite for purchase.

Like AVO, I am considering the Elite, but am awaiting the offer (I hope) of other dial colors in the future.

Your photos are excellent and we would appreciate it if you posted some of them in the Reference Gallery.
Cheers Kip. Photos uploaded.
:thumbup: Thank You.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

A very well done review and excellent photos too.
Gives you a great insight into the watch with it's good and also bad points well written out.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Awesome review. It’s understandable and yet frustratingly rare to see a balanced review anywhere in the watch journalism space these days so yours really stands out. Nice job!
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 pm A very well done review and excellent photos too.
Gives you a great insight into the watch with it's good and also bad points well written out.
Thank you, Ferg.
Mark
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Peteo wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:34 pm Awesome review. It’s understandable and yet frustratingly rare to see a balanced review anywhere in the watch journalism space these days so yours really stands out. Nice job!
Thank you, Peteo.
I have Nikon cameras and like Volkswagen hot hatches so I can't compete with Hodinkee or Watchonista... :D :D :D
Mark