Perrelet - your views?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Perrelet - your views?

Post by Wis »

Any thoughts on this brand and model? Seems to have a decent pedegree. It grows on me.
http://www.bernardwatch.com/watch/PER10212
Bjørn
highway62

Re: Perrelet - your views?

Post by highway62 »

much prefer Limes in the same kind of price bracket :)
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

highway62 wrote:much prefer Limes in the same kind of price bracket :)
Limes is very classy. German, but with French/Swiss flair.
Bjørn
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Royston 64 »

Perrelet are not bad, some nice little details on their watches. They bought movement manufacturer Soprod, but still use quite a few ETA movements.
There is a good review of the particular watch you are looking at here -
http://www.ablogtoread.com/perrelet-a10 ... ch-review/

I quite like the look of that one. Ignore their retail prices however, as most models seem to be discounted quite heavily. :)
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

I like Perrelet, classy and clasical looks with (it seems) very nice detailing and build quality.

If anyone wants to expand their mind on the Brand and its origins check this out:

http://www.watchprojects.com/2011/04/07 ... g-forward/

(FYI its nothing like what you might have read about them before - info to turn off a true watch snob perhaps? :lol: )
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Royston 64 wrote:Perrelet are not bad, some nice little details on their watches. They bought movement manufacturer Soprod, but still use quite a few ETA movements.
There is a good review of the particular watch you are looking at here -
http://www.ablogtoread.com/perrelet-a10 ... ch-review/

I quite like the look of that one. Ignore their retail prices however, as most models seem to be discounted quite heavily. :)
Thanks. I had seen that already. Google is a blessing and a curse.
Bjørn
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Dancematt wrote:I like Perrelet, classy and clasical looks with (it seems) very nice detailing and build quality.

If anyone wants to expand their mind on the Brand and its origins check this out:

(FYI its nothing like what you might have read about them before - info to turn off a true watch snob perhaps? :lol: )
I'd already seen this as well. If true I agree they ought to change the slogan. Still, he - Perrelet pere - seems to have been a watchmaker of some renown and ingenuity, perhaps even among those who first made an automatic, and Perrelet fils is credited with the split second complication. Not bad for a pedigree after all.
I admit to liking the long history, even if it was "redicovered" in the 1990s. :D
Bjørn
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Interesting comment in the ablogtoread review about the metal ring around the date window. I think I've seen that somewhere before... I think on one of my British watches...
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
misc720
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by misc720 »

I love that model on the ablogtoread post, particularly with a grey dial. They're going for about $1,200 over here, very tempting.

And I have to admit, if/when I find one of these for a decent price, I'll snag it, it's just too cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXElCwm6d0
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Wis wrote:
Dancematt wrote:I like Perrelet, classy and clasical looks with (it seems) very nice detailing and build quality.

I'd already seen this as well. If true I agree they ought to change the slogan. Still, he - Perrelet pere - seems to have been a watchmaker of some renown and ingenuity, perhaps even among those who first made an automatic, and Perrelet fils is credited with the split second complication. Not bad for a pedigree after all.
I admit to liking the long history, even if it was "redicovered" in the 1990s. :D
I'd still buy one as they are class - different to the usual omega/ rolex's that knock around everywhere.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Dancematt wrote:
Wis wrote:

I'd still buy one as they are class - different to the usual omega/ rolex's that knock around everywhere.
So would I. They have a new diver now, which is quite interesting. Picture borrowed from Oceanictime.blogspot.com:
A take on the classic sub, different enough to be its own watch IMO.
Bjørn
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Wis wrote:So would I. They have a new diver now, which is quite interesting. classic sub, different enough to be its own watch IMO.
Yeah just different enough, like how the c60 is different enough. There seem to be alot more watches coming out lately that show influences of both planet ocean and Tag Heuer 500m designs though. I wouldn't turn that one down, i like the GMT too - wonder how prices compare to the competition?
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

hmmm for the three hander on leather £2150 on bracelet £2300 - aimed right at the P.O it seems. tough choice for a new buyer in this bracket......
highway62

Post by highway62 »

nope, PO every time! :D
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Woodell »

YOU GUYS !!!
What I can find is that the cushion case is last year...not in the new lineup...found it for 1395. -1450.USD
I 'm thinking real hard about it....And it's your fault. :( :( :(
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"