A place to discuss other watch-brands
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ajax87 »

blowfish89 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:23 am
ajax87 wrote:Picked up a Barton elite silicone for the new guy. The color isn’t an exact match but it’s close enough for my taste. These straps are excellent for the price, too.

5C263DEE-A751-4B87-8427-04DB904DFB26.jpeg971D40D9-DBDC-4DEF-B175-3A99E9AD4BCC.jpeg
Try a Hirsch Robby black/yellow.
Thanks, I actually looked at those but for some reason I can’t bring myself to spend $80+ on a strap. I know, doesn’t make much sense given what I spend on watches, but it is what it is.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

'Willard' reporting for duty …

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

415E0606-A36E-4179-8BE7-08C09DB34084.jpeg

I love a watch with a good background story and the TRIBUS does not disappoint. Did you know that the 303 Squadron emblem, also known as Kosciuszko Squadron, bears the American Stars and Stripes? The Squadron was formed in 1919 by a group of Americans, led by Merian C. Cooper, who volunteered to fight with the Polish army in the little know Russian-Polish War (1919-1920). The emblem was designed by one of it's members, Elliot Chess, and features a four-cornered hat that was worn by Kosciuszko, a Polish military hero, who fought on the side of the American Patriots in the War of Independence. The hat is superimposed on two scythes crossed diagonally (to represent the Patriots who fought with him), on top of a background of the American Stars and Stripes. This emblem was painted on each aircraft, and christened the Kosciuszko Squadron: a tribute to the indelible bond between the American and the Polish nations.

468E8A37-8AD4-4348-A099-0D87A3516637.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Out for a walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Cheap as chips but such a good watch

20210622_173827.jpg
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

New arrival, the DiRenzo DRZ 04. I’ve become quite a fan of the Swiss made Direnzos and have two of the 02 models, the 03 and now the 04. In most ways a more conventional design than their 02 models, it’s very much in the vein of the classic integrated bracelet sports watch. It keeps the trademark DiRenzo dial (integrated chapter ring, making for a very curvy flat bowl shaped dial). It also uses the signature DiRenzo hands; black rimmed in this case.

The screw linked H-link bracelet has a butterfly clasp by default, but can be swapped to a deployant style clasp (with logo) - the deployant has links attached that match to the bracelet links and requires only two screws removed and replaced to fit it. It will probably also require a link or two removed as it’s longer. Great idea and the deployant is included as part of the standard package. I had initially thought that fitting the deployant would be a given; however wearing it today has shown the butterfly clasp (and the bracelet) to be extremely comfortable, so maybe it’ll stay...

Dial colours include a mid-blue and a green - both very similar to the dial colours used in the 02 models I own, which is one reason I went for the white white black hands and markers. The main reason though is that it just looked so damned wearable in white that it would suit virtually anything. With a screw down crown and case back providing 100m WR, it fits the sports watch niche nicely.

Here it is while beachcombing at one of the local rocky headlands today.

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

65EA6254-3614-4D34-B806-4A2608018994.jpeg
AFD673B3-2192-4FD8-8148-0AF104802B84.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Starting the day off w/ an O1V..
Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage  Black DLC(3).JPG
For later this afternoon/evening..
Oris Divers 65 Bronze Bezel GreenDial(2).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ @gaf1958 - that's extremely smart Gary and to include both the butterfly and deployant clasps is a novel idea.

Yes, the deployant is probably the more convenient and easier to get the right fit, but I can't help feeling the butterfly is neater and more balanced.

The integrated lugs suggest that its a bracelet only watch. Is it?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

A nice summer combination for today: White with dark blue and denim blue canvas strap.

I had this variant of Bloxworth (albeit on bracelet) a couple of years ago, but sold it back to the forum member from whom I bought it and I believe it is now discontinued, as it is not available on the Elliot Brown website.

When therefore, this one popped up on eBay last Friday, described as one year old and as new, at a very reasonable Buy it Now price, being sold due to the purchase of an EB Holton NIVO; who was I to resist?

Guy

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Non CW of the Day

Post by gaf1958 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Yes, the deployant is probably the more convenient and easier to get the right fit, but I can't help feeling the butterfly is neater and more balanced.

The integrated lugs suggest that its a bracelet only watch. Is it?
I must agree with you Guy - a comfortable butterfly is a much neater solution than most deployant clasps and fortunately (as there are no half links) this fits perfectly.

And yes, it’s a bracelet only watch - it has the classic Gerald Genta style angled junction where case and bracelet meet, although in this instance the case curves down to the bracelet rather than the typical obtuse angled case.

Edit: The centre link is probably wide enough to get away with a notched leather or rubber strap (along the lines of some of the Di Modell Pilot straps).
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by gaf1958 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:A nice summer combination for today: White with dark blue and denim blue canvas strap.
A great colour combo Guy. Certainly one of my favourites.
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 pm A nice summer combination for today: White with dark blue and denim blue canvas strap.

I had this variant of Bloxworth (albeit on bracelet) a couple of years ago, but sold it back to the forum member from whom I bought it and I believe it is now discontinued, as it is not available on the Elliot Brown website.
Guy

Stonking summer watch, Guy. I've always liked that Bloxwoth. It has a real nautical feel to it. A first class pick up.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Cheers Gary and Des.

Early days, but I think the washed denim canvas strap is a better combination than the bracelet I had before.

However, I'm sure I have a spare bracelet to use.

Guy

ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Same again …

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits